Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16898 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
What's the make of that camera?

I found Zeiss Ikon folding camera  it says Nettar 515/2 in it it appears to be of WW2 vintage.  Could this be worth anything?  I am going to show it to my photographer brother but will not see him till the 4th of July.  I believe it takes standard 120 film
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #346 on: July 06, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
Oh, right. I had a very different Zeiss Ikon camera in my mind.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »
This camera he said was the stripped down version of a high end camera
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2008, 03:23:19 PM »
This is the one I was thinking about. I did a Google search and found a site with old cameras, among them a Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 533/16. It's supposed to be one of the best of its kind.

Yours is older, though, I believe.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »

Sorry, GA.

(Response was removed from its original thread to keep GA from having to read it in his own thread)

I like cats...

Served wrapped with masa harina, smothered in goat cheese, then baked to perfection? Enchiladas!  I must agree.

(It was three days later when I learned what I had eaten, though.)
What was your reaction (it is hard to throw up something you ate three days previous)?

At first, I laughed and thought that they were kidding me or that I was misinterpreting some colloquial usage of Spanish words. I was crossing the continental divide in southern Mexico, guided by "strangers" on our way to the Pacific Ocean during the second of my three extended sabbaticals.

It was only after we had wildcat for dinner the fifth time that I believed them. I had already eaten cat on three other accasions and the subject of "What it was" had not been introduced to the conversations.  The next serving was just as delicious as the first, even after seeing it prepared. Roughing the wild can be a learning experience.

I was glad when we got to some major waterways on the western slopes, though, and could eat fishcatch, clams and turtles, instead of lizards, snakes, 'possums, cats, bugs and birds (the local native cuisine). It was a six month journey on foot (there and back, although we dipped into the southern, rainy jungles on the way back and left the desert to the north) across wild, unsettled terrain, with three burros to carry some of the supplies (salt, water, corn, spices, cover, weapons) that literally changed my life. I also found dozens of places where I would like to live forever, crossing those incredible mountains. I know I've mentioned this trek a number of times on this site, but I've not gone into much detail, here.

Hardly anyone to identify with these days, anyway. It seems that everyone who had a clue as to who I am is gone, now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 03:35:04 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2008, 02:43:39 AM »
Another 'Dawg story. :) Have you thought about writing a book or equivalent? You have done some awesome things worth telling.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »
Another 'Dawg story. :) Have you thought about writing a book or equivalent? You have done some awesome things worth telling.

I have.

There is one, very complete, well indexed and heavily annotated accounting of my work in music, of which I am very proud, that had become an obsession at one point. In my naivete, I discovered that even writing truthful, cross-documented, photographed to the extreme of detail, precision surgical references to causal and effectual happenstances in real life may draw some legal consequence.

I was sure that, having "Teh Truth"  on my side, shown in graphic depiction and with multiple sources of erudite commentary from others who were involved, would take me past some of the stops. I was stupid. Law suits, just from my original hamfisted proposal to a publisher came in threes, twice. Yes, six times I was presented with lawsuits from people who I had never mentioned or photographed, but were acting on behalf of other parties. The publisher was presented with twenty something of the same type of "legal wrangling" stop orders.

So, I go back to work. I re-write much of the book, editing many of the more revealing photographic accounts, taking all the soul out of the passionate work I had spent years creating, but I lost interest in watering it all down. Rock-N-roll is not watered down. It is raw, unforgiving, a "Run Once" activity in the live performance world, and to tell my story, I must use my knowledge and cross documentation of the events by those who were there, as they happened or there is no reason to pursue any of it.

As far as my three sabbatical journeys, each time I did this, I was making an escape from what I was and had ever been or known of myself. I carried no cameras, no contact information, no identifying documents (except in Mexico I carried an American Social Security card). My personal journals which I kept at times are hand written, hand drawn, hand burned after some troubles (in one case) and are not publishworthy in their present states.

I have only taken an interest in making these accounts more presentable after discovering that I have a full-grown son who grew up without knowing anything about his real father, just last year. Unfortunately, I have little time to devote and I have not made much progress, yet.

It seems that every time I try to do anything with my oldest son (who I have only made contact with this past year), my present wife thinks that I am abandoning my current responsibilities and looking for an excuse to leave her and my present family behind. We have not sorted this out yet.
I have also become aware this year that I have another son from my first marriage who was kept from me, but for entirely different reasons. My first wife and I ended our relationship on a really bad note, while she was involved with another man (and pregnant) and this other man raised this (middle) son of mine, who is also in his late twenties.

This little saga has made me very determined to refine my past journals and try to make them coherent. I will some day complete the task, but thanks for asking.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:20:24 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »
Damn that sucks about the legal "wrangling".   >:(   Stories like yours should be told, unvarnished, honest tales from the music world, instead of some glossy, bs that the "stars" put out as Biographies.   Don't give up!

Sounds like your wife is wildly insecure atm.  Good luck there as well!   :plus:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
Damn that sucks about the legal "wrangling".   >:(   Stories like yours should be told, unvarnished, honest tales from the music world, instead of some glossy, bs that the "stars" put out as Biographies.   Don't give up!

Sounds like your wife is wildly insecure atm.  Good luck there as well!   :plus:

Thanks for the encouragement.

... and you're right about my domestic problems. I don't see an end in sight to it all. I don't want it to "end" with her, but it takes two and I'm probably only about one half, so to speak. The burden she must bear to deal with someone like me is much to ask.

ozymandias

« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »

... and you're right about my domestic problems. I don't see an end in sight to it all. I don't want it to "end" with her, but it takes two and I'm probably only about one half, so to speak. The burden she must bear to deal with someone like me is much to ask.

Not really, but, she must be aware that you had a past life and your not going to just throw that away and ignore your kids by other women.  Your doing the right thing by meeting them and talking to them.  Your giving those kids a past and a history.   :thumbup:  It's not like your throwing your present family away either.  SHE needs some serious counselling and that right quickly. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2008, 05:31:25 PM »

Not really, but, she must be aware that you had a past life and your not going to just throw that away and ignore your kids by other women.  Your doing the right thing by meeting them and talking to them.  Your giving those kids a past and a history.   :thumbup:  It's not like your throwing your present family away either.  SHE needs some serious counselling and that right quickly. 

I am doing my level goddamnedest to hang in there. She may just need some time to herself. I am open to her needs.
Hell! She's my best friend. I am not goint ot give up on her easily.

I can not see myself doing much more for those who grew up without knowing me or who they are.

I have to schedule everything!

We talk, my oldest and I, but I hate and can not understand telephones and can only take just so much, before I have to end a conversation. I have only talked to the middle one twice in recent times. I talked to him quite a bit when he was about twelve and I was thirty seven, but we did not know that we were related by direct blood scoring. My evil ex-wife only allowed me that much contact with him, until recently. SHE KNEW he was my son at that time or she would not have allowed even that much contact.  I should be grateful for even that little, but there has been way too much blood gone under that bridge to ever forgive her, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:52:13 PM by DirtDawg »

ozymandias

« Reply #356 on: July 07, 2008, 06:34:28 PM »

I am doing my level goddamnedest to hang in there. She may just need some time to herself. I am open to her needs.
Hell! She's my best friend. I am not goint ot give up on her easily.

I can not see myself doing much more for those who grew up without knowing me or who they are.

I have to schedule everything!

We talk, my oldest and I, but I hate and can not understand telephones and can only take just so much, before I have to end a conversation. I have only talked to the middle one twice in recent times. I talked to him quite a bit when he was about twelve and I was thirty seven, but we did not know that we were related by direct blood scoring. My evil ex-wife only allowed me that much contact with him, until recently. SHE KNEW he was my son at that time or she would not have allowed even that much contact.  I should be grateful for even that little, but there has been way too much blood gone under that bridge to ever forgive her, if you know what I mean.

The evil ex will reap what she sowed.  Sooner or later, your son will put the pieces together, if he hasn't already and will certianly feel resentment toward her for keeping the facts from him for so long.  You won't have to do or say a thing.  What goes around comes around.  Yes, I know what you mean.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #357 on: July 07, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »
Thanks, again Ozy, for the encouragement.

I think you may have more insight, yet to offer.

There is just no place to put these emotions in my experience. It is like a full hand of jokers, in poker.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:49:47 PM by DirtDawg »

ozymandias

« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
Thanks, again Ozy, for the encouragement.

I think you may have more insight, yet to offer.

There is just no place to put these emotions in my experience. It is like a full hand of jokers, in poker.

Yes, unless it's jokers are wild, then the hand can be anything you want.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:30 PM »

I have.

I hope that when I get to that point I'll have as many fascinating stories.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.