Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16887 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2008, 01:54:48 PM »
Then I suspect the technical term is "fucked up". :-\

Operative plan would be get a new one. Unfortunately all these modern ones are chip-based and you might be able to find some replacement mechanical parts, but almost all the chips are obsolete once they hit the assembly line.

(Fcuckign comsumer society!! as per Lucifer)

There is not much you can do if something "Inside" has gone wrong. New ones are less than a hundred bucks with more features. Sorry.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
You could still find that fuse and hope for some weird circuit to reconnect, I suppose, but yes, you probably need a new one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2008, 11:01:54 PM »
Probably will get a new one getting it in will not be as easy as it was in all my other cars as it's above the heater and AC instead of under it like they used to be and it looks like a pain in the ass
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2008, 06:26:01 PM »
Probably will get a new one getting it in will not be as easy as it was in all my other cars as it's above the heater and AC instead of under it like they used to be and it looks like a pain in the ass

Sounds like it will be. Anything put together with jigs and robotic arms is usually a bitch to work on.

It will be worth it though.

You might find that paying to have a professional installer do it is well worth the money when you consider how much your own "off-time" is worth to you.

My off-time has always been extremely valuable to me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
I fixed it!!!!!  I remembered another computerized radio that I had with a similar problem so I did the same thing.  I disconnected the battery for a few hours and let it all reset :clap:
What ever happened to reset  buttons on things?  When I was a kid they had them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2008, 01:28:48 PM »
I fixed it!!!!!  I remembered another computerized radio that I had with a similar problem so I did the same thing.  I disconnected the battery for a few hours and let it all reset :clap:

Reset buttons are becoming very rare these days. Glad you were able to fix it. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2008, 01:57:46 PM »

Reset buttons are becoming very rare these days. Glad you were able to fix it. :)

True, but when Odeon mentioned a posssible software problem, it never occcurred to me that you had not tried a re-booot.

Glad you were able to find the problem. You may have to do this from time to timetime.

BTW, I have an older DVD player in my third system that occassionally needds to have the power shuit off so it can heal. It's like allowing it a nap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »

True, but when Odeon mentioned a posssible software problem, it never occcurred to me that you had not tried a re-booot.

Glad you were able to find the problem. You may have to do this from time to timetime.

BTW, I have an older DVD player in my third system that occassionally needds to have the power shuit off so it can heal. It's like allowing it a nap

Bad power supply?

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »

Bad power supply?

Most likely, but possibly aging or ineffective shielding/grounding could also be to blame.

I live in a nightmarish, rabidus locus when it comes to a discussion of EMI. I have also discovered and corrected multiple groundloops that our electrical utility company, cable company and the telephone company had created for me. About three years later I discovered one that the natural gas company had set up. Every little bit helps, but the main problem is Gaussian, I'm convinced. There is a reason why I can move something three inches or swivel it thirty or forty degrees and cure it temporarily.

I just want to move somewhere, where I only have one line for all utilities to follow and it's about fifty miles long in one direction.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2008, 08:36:51 AM »
What member of I2 would you most like to join me in a threesome with?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »

My answer would have to depend on whether we are talking about a matter of days or weeks on end. If I chose a female for a short time, for instance, it would be all about me, but if I chose a male over a long period of time, the game would inevitably become all about you. Could be a workable plan, if all my yet to be born, virgin selves were not "betrothed."

In either case, I might like to keep a roster of switch hitters on call.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »

My answer would have to depend on whether we are talking about a matter of days or weeks on end. If I chose a female for a short time, for instance, it would be all about me, but if I chose a male over a long period of time, the game would inevitably become all about you. Could be a workable plan, if all my yet to be born, virgin selves were not "betrothed."

In either case, I might like to keep a roster of switch hitters on call.
Tag-team fucking?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2008, 07:38:14 AM »
Would giving high fives be looked upon badly?
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2008, 07:39:13 AM »
Aren't there a couple of stupid positions like that- like Eiffel tower or sommat?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2008, 07:46:54 AM »
Aren't there a couple of stupid positions like that- like Eiffel tower or sommat?
I believe so.
:P   Internets are super serious.