Educational

Author Topic: The Rolling Stones..  (Read 202 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
The Rolling Stones..
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Today the Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary. 50 years ago, June 12th/mark, they did their first live gig in London.. and ja..

Well, if you have any input about the Rolling Stones, you could post it in this thread. E.g. something about Jagger's small dicklet.. or.. How the føck Keith Richards still stands on his feet after all the drugs he used during mentioned 50 years?

Dunno, suit self, post why you think they suck.. but ja, I think I'll start with this song.. for now.

(clip's irrelevant here)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The Rolling Stones..
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Let It Bleed. Brilliant album.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He see's from her badge that her name is Patricia Whack. " Miss Whack " says the frog, " I'd like to get a £30,000.00 loan to take a holiday."

Pattie looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his father is Mick Jagger, and that's it's okay because he knows the bank manager. Pattie explains that he will need to secure the loan with some kind of collateral. The frog says " No problem, I have this", and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Pattie's confused and explains that she will have to consult with the bank manager and promptly disappears into the back office.

She finds the manager and explains "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger at the counter who claims to know you and wants to borrow £30,000.00 using this as collateral" She hold up the tiny pink elephant " I mean, what in the world is this"

The bank manager looks back at her with contempt and says .............

... " It's a knick-knack, Pattie Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

blah blah blah

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
Keith Richards built a house in Weston Ct which is not far from where I live and the company I worked for at the time did work on it although I did not.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:50:10 PM »
Paul McCartney, Pete Townsend, and Mick Jagger were comparing gifts that they had received over the years. Paul showed the other two a ring made with jewels cut and fitted into the shape of a beetle and said he had received it from the Queen as a thank you for sharing his music. They both agreed it was impressive. Pete Townsend showed the other two a necklace with gold letters an inch high that spelled 'Tommy' and said that he received it as a thank you for composing the rock opera. They both agreed it was impressive.
Mick Jagger then showed the other two a loaf of brown bread and said that he had received it after concerts in Algiers. Paul and Peter said that it was nice but not as impressive as their gifts.
Mick said 'I know, it's only a Moroccan roll but I like it, like it, yes I do.'
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 12:02:50 AM »