Educational

Author Topic: Books I've Never Read  (Read 2284 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Books I've Never Read
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
It's a trilogy:

Yes, You Can Banish Sex From Your Life, Too! by Bodie

I been proof reading that one for a few years now...and i can tell you
it will never ever make it at the publisher's

Dull as dishwater :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2012, 12:47:48 PM »
How to Make a New Car into a Demolition Derby Car in One Night by bodie
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
Witchcraft or Chemistry? - Lestat

Mushrooms for Fun and Profit - Lesat

How to End Relationships Gracefully - Pig

Sand Fishing in the Desert  - Richard

I Was a Spy for the Roman Legions - Zegh
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
:green:  right now it would be  'how to raise dogs and urchin's and preventing urchin's from using the new found button to wind mummy up which is the word FUCK' >:D

If my daughter had learned that word when she was the urchin's age, she would have said it a million times, so I was careful not to let her hear it.  I don't know how I would have dealt with it at that age.  Now, she feels like I lied to her by not teaching her what the curse words are, so I have been letting her hear a few.  So far, she hasn't repeated them.

That reminds me of the time I learned the f word and then finding out stupid or idiot or shut up or duh weren't bad words so I thought fuck wasn't bad either. So I started to say it and my parents kept trying to punish me and I would keep on saying it until my mother threatened to slap my mouth. I said it in a restaurant and she slapped my mouth. I never said the word again. For a while.

Four years later, I learned the n word and mom tells me it's worse than the f word and she starts to go on and on about it and I was like "okay I know." She wanted to make sure I really understood it's truly a bad word, not a bad word as in not a nice word like stupid or dumb or idiot. She didn't want history to repeat itself except this time it be with the n word instead of the f word. Oh yeah I found out at the end of the school year from my old best friend that when her grandfather found out she and her cousin both taught me that word, they got in trouble by him. She told that story to another girl on the bus and she was sitting behind me. I'm guessing their grandfather knew if I learned that word, I would never stop saying it.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 02:38:27 AM »
The n word? I can't think of a swear word starting with n. ???
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 03:13:37 AM »

It rhymes with Tigger. It's not a swear word, it's derogatory.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:49 AM »
Except when the niggers use it themselves.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »

Shut up nigger

midlifeaspie

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 11:47:40 AM »
"Oh, I get it now" by Kit

"Perfect Parenting" by Spokane Girl

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
:green:  right now it would be  'how to raise dogs and urchin's and preventing urchin's from using the new found button to wind mummy up which is the word FUCK' >:D

If my daughter had learned that word when she was the urchin's age, she would have said it a million times, so I was careful not to let her hear it.  I don't know how I would have dealt with it at that age.  Now, she feels like I lied to her by not teaching her what the curse words are, so I have been letting her hear a few.  So far, she hasn't repeated them.

That reminds me of the time I learned the f word and then finding out stupid or idiot or shut up or duh weren't bad words so I thought fuck wasn't bad either. So I started to say it and my parents kept trying to punish me and I would keep on saying it until my mother threatened to slap my mouth. I said it in a restaurant and she slapped my mouth. I never said the word again. For a while.

Four years later, I learned the n word and mom tells me it's worse than the f word and she starts to go on and on about it and I was like "okay I know." She wanted to make sure I really understood it's truly a bad word, not a bad word as in not a nice word like stupid or dumb or idiot. She didn't want history to repeat itself except this time it be with the n word instead of the f word. Oh yeah I found out at the end of the school year from my old best friend that when her grandfather found out she and her cousin both taught me that word, they got in trouble by him. She told that story to another girl on the bus and she was sitting behind me. I'm guessing their grandfather knew if I learned that word, I would never stop saying it.

How old were you when you learned the F word?

My daughter perseverated on certain words and phrases when she was preschool and elementary school age, so she would have said it non-stop. 

For example, she learned to say, "My beads!  My sash!  My ribbons!" from watching the Disney movie Cinderella when she was in first grade and said those exact words while she ripped her friend's dress like the bad stepsisters ripped Cinderella's dress.  Her paraprofessional told me about it and sent the torn dress home with her.  I fixed the little girl's dress and explained to my daughter that ripping someone's clothes is not OK because now her friend has to wear a dress that won't be as nice as it was before it was fixed.  So we decided that she could earn some money by doing some work for me and we could go buy her friend a new dress and then I beaded some socks to match it.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
Proper Rectal Care by Duckfetishgirl
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »

My daughter perseverated on certain words and phrases when she was preschool and elementary school age, so she would have said it non-stop. 

For example, she learned to say, "My beads!  My sash!  My ribbons!" from watching the Disney movie Cinderella when she was in first grade and said those exact words while she ripped her friend's dress like the bad stepsisters ripped Cinderella's dress.  Her paraprofessional told me about it and sent the torn dress home with her.  I fixed the little girl's dress and explained to my daughter that ripping someone's clothes is not OK because now her friend has to wear a dress that won't be as nice as it was before it was fixed.  So we decided that she could earn some money by doing some work for me and we could go buy her friend a new dress and then I beaded some socks to match it.

Some people find it funny when kids swear.  I really hate it.  It sounds common.  Urchin quickly forgot the 'f' word,  but at school he picked up 'i hate you'  which is really horrible, too.   
blah blah blah

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2012, 10:45:47 PM »
 ^ :agreed: My niece learnt "get a life" somewhere when she was younger and said it to me one time and it hurt, though she probably didn't know what it meant at the time.

Ah. I think you can say it on here. The word is known but not commonly used where I live.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »

Some people find it funny when kids swear.  I really hate it.  It sounds common.  Urchin quickly forgot the 'f' word,  but at school he picked up 'i hate you'  which is really horrible, too.

I don't thing it's the slightest bit cute or funny when kids swear, so I don't do it myself.  I explained that some people talk like that because they don't have the vocabulary to express themselves and their feelings otherwise and that unfortunately, some kids don't learn any better because that's what their parents say and they imitate them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 02:52:51 AM »
"Kit's Guide to Proper English" - by Kit :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein