Author Topic: Troll jailed for racist comment  (Read 4272 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Troll jailed for racist comment
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »
His ears are too big for him to look menacing

dumbo maybe,   or a jug  :hahaha:
blah blah blah

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
It isn't about the way he looks. A lot of criminals, for example, look perfectly normal. It's about inciting hatred, and yes he does have a menacing look...reminds me of a racist in Texas who chained a man to his pickup truck and drove him to his death. Racism is so ignorant and people who incite hatred should be dealt with. He's just being taught a lesson before he goes any further along that path.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 05:47:39 PM »
He doesn't look menacing to me!   How he looks shouldn't really affect his sentence. 

His sentence should be in line with other similar 'crimes'.  It isn't.   That is what is annoying.  A first offence for an assault in this country is unlikely to get you a stretch, maybe a suspended, so this particular judgement is very unusual.

What i find ironic is the police are well known for being racist,  just check their 'stop and search' figures.  Check the Police Complaints figures.  Check the ratio of black people in prison compared to white?

The fact is the comments were made about someone famous.  As Al said earlier,  if it had been directed at some black kid no one had heard of it wouldn't be a jail term.
blah blah blah

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
Racism is a manifestation of a particular trait of human nature, we naturally show fear/distrust (in some form or another) to what's different to us. This was quite handy back in the stone age, when it was considered an essential survival skill.

Nowadays there really isn't much room for racism, but we still hold onto that instinct. It doesn't just apply to races though, but the same instinct kicks in from loyalty of products (console fanboys) to differing opinions.

I do think racism won't go away at all, if anything it's just masked. However people act like it doesn't happen and mask their own racism with PC terminology and "battling" racism. Even funnier these people are often white and don't represent the races they're battling for. Put those same people in a black neighbourhood and I will bet you they'll feel uncomfortable, even if the blacks in the neighbourhood are quite friendly and never cause trouble.

The best way I think is for people to accept it does happen and thicken their skin. Learn to understand one another in an honest manner rather than throw it under a rug and pretend we're living in a happy multicultural society, because to be frank the very notion of "multiculturalism" does not work at all at this very moment. Too many double standards, unwillingless to intregrate and people willing to exploit various legal aspects by using the "race card".
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:53:03 PM by Schleed »

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
It has nothing to do with how he looks...Get over it! Rich people have more money and likewise can afford to file lawsuits and press charges. That's life! Get used to it!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:29:13 PM by Meadow »

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
No, meadow, what i am saying is how he looks SHOULDN'T affect his sentence.   This was not a private lawsuit.  This was the police taking action about some words on a message board.

One minute you are saying the colour of someones skin is not something they can help,  then on the other hand you are saying 'well he looks a menace anyway'.... he was born with his looks too, and can't really help it! :apondering:
blah blah blah

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »
His looks aren't the issue. Yeesh!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »
No, meadow, what i am saying is how he looks SHOULDN'T affect his sentence.   This was not a private lawsuit.  This was the police taking action about some words on a message board.

One minute you are saying the colour of someones skin is not something they can help,  then on the other hand you are saying 'well he looks a menace anyway'.... he was born with his looks too, and can't really help it! :apondering:

I agree.

He shouldn't have said what he did and there's just no defending it, but I don't think he should be sent to prison for it.  Maybe he should do some community service instead.

I also agree that if the person he had insulted had been an ordinary Joe, the police wouldn't have even pursued it.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
I agree on repeating what other people said.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
Racial hatred on the Internet shouldn't be tolerated. Maybe people will get the message.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »
I do agree with Adam's post though. We all like to get rid of things we don't like, but censorship will lead to more censorship, up until the point that it's impossible to say anything about anyone. It undermines the very idea of freedom of speech/expression.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 02:07:01 AM »
"but the whole world were literally praying for Muamba’s life." Er, no we weren't. I didn't even know about it until the next day. Then I saw a tiny bit on the news about it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 02:34:55 AM »
I may not agree with what you say,
but to the death I will defend your right to say it

Voltaire (allegedly)
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 02:39:43 AM »
ren, who were u quoting there? about the whole world i mean

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 02:47:23 AM »
Expect some news source? Sounds like their usual ridiculous exaggeration for such a thing!
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!