Author Topic: Rich psycho creep's post-date Email (aspie?)  (Read 602 times)

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
Rich psycho creep's post-date Email (aspie?)
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

(found online)

Hi Lauren,
I'm disappointed in you. I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten a response to my voicemail and text messages.
 FYI, I suggest that you keep in mind that emails sound more impersonal, harsher, and are easier to misinterpret than in-person or phone communication. After all, people can't see someone's body language or tone of voice in an email. I'm not trying to be harsh, patronizing, or insulting in this email. I'm honest and direct by nature, and I'm going to be that way in this email. By the way, I did a google search, so that's how I came across your email.

I assume that you no longer want to go out with me. (If you do want to go out with me, then you should let me know.) I suggest that you make a sincere apology to me for giving me mixed signals. I feel led on by you.

Things that happened during our date include, but are not limited to, the following:

-You played with your hair a lot. A woman playing with her hair is a common sign of flirtation. You can even do a google search on it. When a woman plays with her hair, she is preening. I've never had a date where a woman played with her hair as much as you did. In addition, it didn't look like you were playing with your hair out of nervousness.

-We had lots of eye contact during our date. On a per-minute basis, I've never had as much eye contact during a date as I did with you.

-You said, "It was nice to meet you." at the end of our date. A woman could say this statement as a way to show that she isn't interested in seeing a man again or she could mean what she said--that it was nice to meet you. The statement, by itself, is inconclusive.

-We had a nice conversation over dinner. I don't think I'm being delusional in saying this statement.

In my opinion, leading someone on (i.e., giving mixed signals) is impolite and immature. It's bad to do that.
 Normally, I would not be asking for information if a woman and I don't go out again after a first date. However, in our case, I'm curious because I think our date went well and that there is a lot of potential for a serious relationship. Of course, it's difficult to predict what would happen, but I think there is a lot of potential for a serious relationship developing between us one day (or least there was before your non-response to my voicemail and text messages).

I think we should go out on a second date. In my opinion, our first date was good enough to lead to a second date.
 Why am I writing you? Well, hopefully, we will go out again. Even if we don't, I gain utility from expressing my thoughts to you. In addition, even if you don't want to go out again, I would like to get feedback as to why you wouldn't want to go again. Normally, I wouldn't ask a woman for this type of feedback after a first date, but this is an exception given I think we have a lot of potential.

If you don't want to go again, then apparently you didn't think our first date was good enough to lead to a second date. Dating or a relationship is not a Hollywood movie. It's good to keep that in mind. In general, I thought the date went well and was expecting that we would go out on a second date.

If you're not interested in going out again, then I would have preferred if you hadn't given those mixed signals. I feel led on. We have a number of things in common. I'll name a few things: First, we’ve both very intelligent. Second, we both like classical music so much that we go to classical music performances by ourselves. In fact, the number one interest that I would want to have in common with a woman with whom I'm in a relationship is a liking of classical music. I wouldn't be seriously involved with a woman if she didn't like classical music. You said that you're planning to go the NY Philharmonic more often in the future.

As I said, I go to the NY Philharmonic often. You're very busy. It would be very convenient for you to date me because we have the same interests. We already go to classical music performances by ourselves. If we go to classical music performances together, it wouldn't take any significant additional time on your part. According to the internet, you're 33 or 32, so, at least from my point of view, we're a good match in terms of age. I could name more things that we have in common, but I'll stop here. I don't understand why you apparently don't want to go out with me again. We have numerous things in common. I assume that you find me physically attractive. If you didn't find me physically attractive, then it would have been irrational for you to go out with me in the first place. After all, our first date was not a blind date. You already knew what I looked like before our date. Perhaps, you're unimpressed that I manage my family’s investments and my own investments. Perhaps, you don’t think I have a "real" job. Well, I’ve done very well as an investment manager. I've made my parents several millions of dollars.

That's real money. That's not monopoly money. In my opinion, if I make real money, it's a real job. Donald Trump's children work for his company. Do they have "real" jobs? I think so. George Soros's sons help manage their family investments. Do they have "real" jobs? I think so. In addition, I’m both a right-brain and left-brain man, given that I’m both an investment manager and a philosopher/writer. That’s a unique characteristic; most people aren't like that. I've never been as disappointed and sad about having difficulty about getting a second date as I am with you. I've gone out with a lot of women in my life. (FYI, I'm not a serial dater. Sometimes, I've only gone out with a woman for one date.) People don’t grow on trees. I hope you appreciate the potential we have.

Am I sensitive person? Sure, I am. I think it's better to be sensitive than to be insensitive. There are too many impolite, insensitive people in the world.

I suggest that we continue to go out and see what happens. Needless to say, I find you less appealing now (given that you haven't returned my messages) than I did at our first date. However, I would be willing to go out with you again. I'm open minded and flexible and am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I wish you would give me the benefit of the doubt too. If you don't want to go out again, in my opinion, you would be making a big mistake, perhaps one of the biggest mistakes in your life. If you don’t want to go out again, then you should have called to tell me so. Even sending a text message would have been better than nothing. In my opinion, not responding to my messages is impolite, immature, passive aggressive, and cowardly. I spent time, effort, and money meeting you for dinner. Getting back to me in response to my messages would have been a reasonable thing for you to do. In addition, you arrived about 30 minutes late for our date. I'm sure you wouldn’t like it if a man showed up thirty minutes late for a first date with you.

If you're concerned that you will hurt my feelings by providing specific information about why you don't want to go with me again, well, my feeling are already hurt. I'm sad and disappointed about this situation. If you give information, at least I can understand the situation better. I might even learn something that is beneficial.

If you don't want to go out again, that I request that you call me and make a sincere apology for leading me on (i.e., giving me mixed signals). In my opinion, you shouldn't act that way toward a man and then not go out with him again. It's bad to play with your hair so much and make so much eye contact if you're not interested in going out with me again. I have tried to write this email well, but it's not perfect. Again, I'm not trying to be harsh, insulting, patronizing, etc. I'm disappointed, sad, etc. I would like to talk to you on the phone. I hope you will call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx> (if it's inconvenient for you to talk on the phone when you read this email, you can let me know via email that you are willing to talk on the phone and I'll call you). If you get my voicemail, you can a leave a message and I can call you back. Even if you don't want to go out again, I would appreciate it if you give me the courtesy of calling me and talking to me. Yes, you might say things that hurt me, but my feelings are already hurt. Sending me an email response (instead of talking on the phone) would better than no response at all, but I think it would be better to talk on the phone. Email communication has too much potential for misinterpretation, etc.

Best, Mike

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Rich psycho creep's post-date Email (aspie?)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
I'd assume this was someone taking the piss, but then again I guess there are plenty of clueless idiots out there

I think we should go out on a second date

:laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:32:58 PM »
Needless to say, I find you less appealing now (given that you haven't returned my messages) than I did at our first date. However, I would be willing to go out with you again.

Now, that is really what a woman wants to hear.  :lol:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:53:54 PM »
Its a bit creepy.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »
Just a bit......

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
If this is a real guy, he sounds like he's obsessed with her and I think she should answer him back only to tell him never to contact her again.  He Googled her to get her email address to send her this stalkerish email, she never gave it to him.   

Did you find him on the Don't Date Him Girl website or some place like that, MutieTom?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »
Dear Mike,

Sorry I wasn’t able to get back to you sooner,  my girlfriend and I decided to catch a last minute Shinedown concert, and ended up being invited to party with the band post concert.  Wow, those guys really know how to party, after the 6th drink everything got a little hazy for me and the next thing I knew I remember was waking up somewhere in Mexico with a tattoo of a dragon on my left thigh. 

It’s really cool 8), I’ll have to send you a picture. 

Anyways when I returned home, I was surprised :o to find out that the ticket I had bought for the recent powerball lottery drawing was a winner. I am now a multi-millionaire and yesterday purchased the red Porsche I’ve always wanted. I plan to spend the next year traveling the US and Canada taking in concerts and just kicking back and relaxing.

I’m sorry you received mixed signals concerning me playing with my hair that night. I had previously babysat for my brother’s twin boys who unbeknownst to me had both managed to pick up a severe case of head lice at preschool.  :zombiefuck: Again I apologize for sending you mixed signals.

I’m sorry I’ll have to decline your invitation for a second date, I’m not really sure we’re right for each other at this time Mike. I hope you understand :hug:.

Best,
Lauren

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
I'd assume this was someone taking the piss, but then again I guess there are plenty of clueless idiots out there

It does sound like some sort of parody.  It's definitely TL;DR as well.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 01:25:38 AM »
I read on a paper called the Huff Post, it was just sent to someone who sent it in.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 01:31:39 AM »

I am amazed she didn't go on a second date. He sounds unique and speshul.  :autism:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 01:33:35 AM »

It does sound like some sort of parody.  It's definitely TL;DR as well.  :apondering:

I liked every horrible subtle sentence of it.  :laugh:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »
http://www.observer.com/2011/12/is-mike-the-investment-banker-a-serial-email-stalker/

Hi Danielle,

I’m disappointed. In my opinion, we should have met. I think we should meet. We could be friends. Even though you treated me badly in the past, I contacted you in May in the spirit of reconciliation, humanity, and generosity. I think meeting would have been the right thing to do. After all, I explicitly mentioned that I wasn’t asking you out on a date (see my email sent in May below). Why did I ask you if you were in a relationship? I asked that because I’m a curious person by nature. The more information I know, the better. The more information I know about a situation, the more I know what to expect (and not expect) from the situation. If I didn’t ask you in the email, I would have asked in person if we had met.

FYI, I suggest that you keep in mind that emails sound more impersonal, harsher, and are easier to misinterpret than in-person or phone communication. After all, people can’t see someone’s body language or tone of voice in an email.

I’ve considered the possibility that you might have a boyfriend now.  But if I were your boyfriend, I wouldn’t have a problem if you had met with me. After all, it wouldn’t be a date and we wouldn’t be doing anything romantic; it would just be platonic. In fact, I once dated a woman and she went out platonically with her ex-boyfriend on a regular basis and I didn’t have a problem with that. Obviously, I practice my own philosophy. People shouldn’t be possessive. When people are in a relationship, they should trust each other. Your boyfriend should trust you with respect to your going out with other people.

I wish you would appreciate how much we had in common. We presumably still have a lot in common. (I’m assuming that your current personality is similar to your personality several years ago.) People don’t grow on trees. I can definitely envision us being friends–great friends actually. In my opinion, if we don’t become friends, it would be a shame and tragic in a micro sense. (An example of something tragic in a macro sense would be an earthquake that kills a lot of people.) Loyalty is a quality that I value a great deal. I wish you were loyal to me. Obviously, if a friendship is a two-way street. If you don’t want to be friends, then it’s your fault. It’s not my fault, I reached out this year. Several years have gone by; enough time has passed since 2006. Before you hung up on me the last time we talked, you said you were “sorry.”  Well, this is the opportunity for a reconciliation. After sending this email, there isn’t much more for me to say on the issue of friendship between us.

I hope you appreciate that I’m very intelligent and have excellent judgment. (By the way, I certainly don’t think I’m perfect.) I displayed excellent judgment even when I was anxious in 2006. I didn’t over-idealize you; I was right about how much we had in common. In addition, I was correct when I stated that you were mistaken when you said that you were not interested in a relationship. I said that you were too young and that, unless something horrible happened to you (e.g., your getting hit by a truck), you would get into a relationship in the future. That seems to have turned out to be the case.

In terms of human interaction, there is a spectrum. On one end of the spectrum, people don’t socialize at all. At the other end of the spectrum, people spend the rest of their lives together. There’s a lot of scenarios in between those extremes. It shouldn’t be an all-or-nothing thing. I understand that it is common for two people to not socialize after a romance doesn’t work out (or after a romance doesn’t materialize). However, just because something is common doesn’t necessarily mean it is optimal. For example, obesity is common in many countries (including the U.S.). However, being obese is not optimal.

In my opinion, we should meet and be friends. If you want to meet, then let me know and I can call you and we can make plans to meet. If you don’t want to meet, I would appreciate it if you would email me back to let me know that you have read my email.

Best,

Mike
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:46:47 PM by TheRealDuckFetishGirl »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »
That's interesting that Mike wrote that before to someone else, isn't it?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 07:39:08 AM »
 :zombiefuck: