Educational

Author Topic: What the fuck is it with my sleep patterns...  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What the fuck is it with my sleep patterns...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
Its always taken me ages to actually fall asleep, short of knocking myself out. And that is NOT easy to do.

That was the situation with me though I did not have the strange patterns you do.  I seem to have an inner clock that doesn't match with 24 hours, so my wake and sleep times changed over the weeks.  I tried everything for sleep and when it worked I generally had to take massive amounts which left me kinda fucked up the next day.  Last year they started me on Adderall which is basically speed for ADD and my sleep patterns while not always great have improved dramatically.

Same with me; dexamphetamine made a massive improvement to my sleep pattern, and it's the only thing that's ever helped much.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »
I like sleep

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »
No Sleep tonight, wil get some tomorrow night
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »
Generally, I sleep fairly well & normally. Hope yours has improved, Lestat? Can't comment on most of those drugs & so on, anyway. Sounds like you know so much about it, if you can't work the answer out....?  :include:
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
My sleep patterns have always been...odd. And the lack of response to GABA drugs makes it very hard to take sleeping pills. My scripts just build up until I have to take a whole bunch at a time to do anything at all. Yet I can't account for tolerance being a cause, as I don't use them often to begin with. Just a higher dose than prescribed, once in a while. Which still does little if anything as far as making me sleep goes. They work as anxiolytics for the rare times I have anxiety issues, but thats about it.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
Sounds like 'fun'! Don't suppose there's much more to do about it, though? They don't always find answers/ explanations for such things. You'd go for the appropriate tests for whatever it was you suggested, if there are any & you wanted to, or to ask the Dr about it, surely?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »
Doubt they would know what to do any more than I do. GPs are good at a range of things, they have to cover a wide area, but that comes at the expense of specialization and being no expert in any one subject. I'm too complex pharmacologically for them to do much. Neurologists don't tend to know either. I probably have more clue than they do when it comes to the way I work.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think there was much point saying it but... Have to hope the camera can find something for them to fix, then! Wish there was anything else I could do.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
I recently have developed the multi-awakening nights. My patterns have always been random. This is just part of the randomness.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
You're a random girl, huh?  :GA:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »
You're a random girl, huh?  :GA:

When it comes to sleeping, yes.  :M
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
I really do want this lot fixed ASAP. I am sick and tired of being dependent on so much analgesia that even the docs are concerned about how much opioids I get.

I've found methoxetamine to be a great help with neuropathic pain, as well as dulling the pain in my hip. Oxycontin and oxynorm (IR oxycodone) help with my knee pretty well, but it doesn't do shit for my hip. Not much anyway. It gets hard to walk even with a cane, thanks to the pain in my hip.

I can't wait for my order of methoxetamine to arrive. It also reduces tolerance to opioids, and substitutes well for them, I suspect strongly it has affinity for MOR inherently, as it will also prevent withdrawal if I take less oxy than my script allows me. Great for tapering if I have to.

Nothing like a nice IV shot of ketamine or MXE to feal great too :D I love dissociative anaesthetics. I hate needles, but as long as I am the one holding the syringe I am ok with IV or IM shots. I hate subcut shots though, the amount of nerve endings in the skin make them hurt. Of course the MXE needs micron filtering through an 0.2 micron syringe filter to both sterilize it, and remove any insoluable particulate matter. Injecting anything solid that wouldn't dissolve is asking for trouble.

Its been shipped and is on its way though. Since my doc fucked up with my scripts and I only got half the oxycontin I need for this two week period, I will have to make up for it by tapering on my 10mg oxynorm, using MXE to rapidly reduce tolerance, and for its own profound analgesic effect.

Its far better than my pregabalin for dealing with the neuropathy in my leg thanks to some fucked up surgery.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
Yeah. Well, at least that's a plan! Best wishes with getting it sorted properly, ASAP, though.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
Lol..I can't see my wierd sleeping and eating patterns getting fixed or turned into your average 9-5 person's sleep habits. I've always been wired up strangely. Nothing new there, plenty of auties have weird reactions to meds, wierd sleeping habits etc. I just happen to be one of them.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 01:46:43 AM »
Meant the rest of it. Mostly, your weird & wonderful sleep patterns aren't a problem for you, it seemed.  :lol: