Author Topic: i thought i2 was a free speech website ?  (Read 3526 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: i thought i2 was a free speech website ?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »
no that is not what i mean. i mean that free speech means that except for illegal activity people should be able to have an opinion on something without having to write a book defending their right to say it.

What force are people using in order to force you to write a book?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

eris

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
does it have to be force ?  i say it is more that you wont get in the clique if you dont follow lots of unwritten rules

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:42 AM »
Hell no it doesn't have to be force. There's totally a clique and lots of unwritten rules about what you have to do in order to get certain reactions from it. No argument there.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »
What clique?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
It kinda changes over time but polarizes during arguments. My saying that was also to acknowledge that yes, there are unwritten rules that affect the dynamics of things.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
It kinda changes over time but polarizes during arguments. My saying that was also to acknowledge that yes, there are unwritten rules that affect the dynamics of things.

One thing I see is the law of the jungle and sometimes this is not a good thing. But there is a fainess of sorts in it too.
I do not see the unwritten rule thing. I do think that some times saying something (and generally the types of things you would know would go down badly with all and sundry) can some times make you consider whether you should say them or not. They can put people offside or upset people. I tend to not reflect too much. I do regret sometimes saying shit. I don't see these things as unwritten rules as much as bad form though. Some times theese things are shit-stirring and sometimes really nasty. That is if you are thinking of the same types of things i am.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »
*sighs* I was going to bite my lip on this one, but frankly I find there's no choice.

To be honest Eris, you are playing a bit of a victim card. No one is at your throat over what you say, even though personally I think Les and PPK are complete arse-lickers. Granted i2 is a shit forum that does not fufill it's pretenses, but to me it really does seem like you nitpick and fabricate justification all while making passive aggressive, vague posts that whine about "everyone" (ie. your recent callout thread). Now you're going around and spouting shit like "facist" to anyone who doesn't agree with you. Don't tell me I'm putting words in your mouth, you said it right there on this thread.

For example, to me it really does seem like you only really called s2 a "troll haven" because I refused to take action on pig. No one trolled you on there, not even pig. You never said anything directly to me, or even raised it as any sort of issue. Yet you went on here and bitched about how the place sucked. You could've PMed me and I would have been welcome to take criticism, or have an honest talk on MSN. I wouldn't have laughed, I wouldn't have got pissed off, after all you should know by now what kind of person I am when it comes to people I like. You acted like s2 did some really godawful thing to you when in reality the matter was barely trivial. You don't like certain members there? That's your fucking problem, not mine.

I liked you as a person and a friend, yet as of late you've pretty much pissed me off with your attitude. Fucking grow up.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:09:43 AM by Schleed »

eris

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
right shleed. this is obviously about you. lol. and spacticity was a troll haven. dont blame me because your forum failed

eris

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »
and i never asked you to take action against pig so how could you have refused to ?

eris

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
to be perfectly clear i called it a troll haven because it was populated by trolls who constantly talked about trolling

eris

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
so schleed you are saying that i am not supposed to critisize your shitty forum for sucking ? that makes you the worst hypocrite of all. that was supposed to be the anything goes forum. i guess that is only if they agree with you. facist

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
Not that Schleed deleted his forum or anything. :orly:

eris

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
that must be my fault for hurting all the trolls feelings by calling it a troll haven

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
right shleed. this is obviously about you. lol. and spacticity was a troll haven. dont blame me because your forum failed

so schleed you are saying that i am not supposed to critisize your shitty forum for sucking ? that makes you the worst hypocrite of all. that was supposed to be the anything goes forum. i guess that is only if they agree with you. facist

and i never asked you to take action against pig so how could you have refused to ?

And you're complaining about people putting words in your mouth? Who's the hypocrite now?
I never said it was your fault for s2's closing, in fact it actually wasn't. I already stated my reasons on why I did close it, but that's obviously not about this topic - as you said, it isn't about me.

The reason why I used what you said about s2 in my last post because it's an example of how you act. I don't care if people said it was shit (as EBM and others said similar), I already stated regarding to you in my last post:
You could've PMed me and I would have been welcome to take criticism, or have an honest talk on MSN.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
no that is not what i mean. i mean that free speech means that except for illegal activity people should be able to have an opinion on something without having to write a book defending their right to say it.

I don't understand what you mean. If someone challenges your opinions and you feel that you have to defend your right to free speech at some length in order to reply, are you saying that your rights have been taken away? That, in spite of neither of you being stopped or hindered in any way, only challenged, it's no longer free speech?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein