Author Topic: i thought i2 was a free speech website ?  (Read 3525 times)

eris

i thought i2 was a free speech website ?
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:36:06 AM »
not a "if you dont agree with me you are wrong and so dont share unpopular opinions or else " website ?   

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: i thought i2 was a free speech website ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:39:53 AM »
I see this.
If i say something others disagree with I expect they will question it and i will answer it and visa versa.
They may argue, and i may argue.
We may concede to a better understanding or not.
We may learn a different point of view or try to reason why we do not think a particular point is relevant, clever, or in line with what we think.

is this what you mean? (Seems to have been this way as long as i have been here)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

eris

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:29 AM »
no that is not what i mean. i mean that free speech means that except for illegal activity people should be able to have an opinion on something without having to write a book defending their right to say it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 06:48:54 AM »
no that is not what i mean. i mean that free speech means that except for illegal activity people should be able to have an opinion on something without having to write a book defending their right to say it.

So people also would have a right (under free site and being in a forum) to interact and share, question, ask, explain and try to understand? Anything less would be a bunch of people writing disjointed and unrelated streams of consciousness, right?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

eris

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:48 AM »
only if they want to. thats not the case here. you are kinda forced to here

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
only if they want to. thats not the case here. you are kinda forced to here

I see. So what you believe this site should be is rather a free site where people are allowed to post opinions but others ought to not contest or question or such opinion.
So opinion A may be 'I think X" but the person who's opinion B is "I think Y because of the opinion A saying about X" is invalid even though it too is an opinion in its own right?
Doesn't sound like it really makes a point about the title of this thread. In fact it seems to promote the opposite.

In my opinion of course.

eris

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 06:59:51 AM »
that is not what i said. for the tenth time today stop putting words in my mouth you facist

eris

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »
thats another thing about this place that is an affront to freedom... no matter what you do say a facist like al or ppk will put words in your mouth

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 07:11:33 AM »
I am not a Fascist. I know that you respect the right to an opinion and i am making mine from what I see and from what I can comprehend from what you say. I do not even say i am right in this. It is just what i can understand from what you say.
As for freedom? What affront?
You think or feel something then by all means put it out there on i2. You are "free' to do so. You disagree with someone then say so. You are free to do so.
If someone feels the same they can too. If you disagree with them they can disagree with you .

Welcome to freedom of speech and/or fascism...whichever way you choose to look at it.

eris

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »
why dont you just tell me what words you are trying to put in my mouth so i can just fucking say it so you can "win" and i dont have to read any more essays ok ?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 07:30:59 AM »
why dont you just tell me what words you are trying to put in my mouth so i can just fucking say it so you can "win" and i dont have to read any more essays ok ?

I am not trying to put any words into your mouth. I am trying to undertand what you are saying and why you are saying it. It makes no sense to me

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:07 AM »
that is not what i said. for the tenth time today stop putting words in my mouth you facist
http://www.answers.com/topic/fascism From the word fasces, fasces were a symbol of authority used to identify certain officials of the Roman Empire. When have Sir_Les or myself promulgated such a system of government eris?

eris

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
it is also an idea. one you know well

P7PSP

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
it is also an idea. one you know well
Is that the best you can do? If so you could have saved money on your degree and graduated with a degree in Dental Assisting* from Bryman College.

*Not intended as a slight to those smart enough to spend their time and money on learning Dental Assisting.

eris

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »
it was the best i could do with what little you gave me. oooh a definition. how scary :3