Author Topic: WHAT THE HELL!?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: WHAT THE HELL!?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 12:26:25 AM »
I recommend everyone check draconian out...they are one sick band. Dark, heavy goth, with a really good female lead, must be classically trained, as she has an excellent operatic style voice when that sort of thing is called for. And a guy who does the growling stuff.

Although I really wish I knew who wrote the song I have saved, that I found ages back on limewire.

Called 'persephone', the female voice sounds like Draconian, and the growling sounds a lot like Anders, the guy, but the song is not listed anywhere  on  wikipedia or draconian's website. Wish I knew who it was by so I could DL more of their stuff...hell I like that song so much I might even PAY for the album! and thats saying something :P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 01:57:24 AM »
This won't be it, if it's so difficult to find but maybe you'll like it
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 06:22:06 PM »
I have no sound on my PC atm, malware nuked my sound drivers, and I need to find my clean HD from my other computer, and copy the backed up software from the other HD onto it from the USB connected storage device for IDE hard drives, as well as get my new two-terabyte SATA drive working.

The track 'persephone' I have SOUNDS like Draconian, both the lead and male backing singer, very similar voices, and musical style, but I don't think it is them, since its not listed on any Draconian album, or online discography. Its operatic goth/doom metal, the female vocalist has the same operatic type style, and the male sounds very similar to Anders, the guy backing vocalist that does the growling and screaming.

One of my favourite songs of all time, along with Otep-ghostflowers, 'bridge of sighs', by opeth, Marilyn Manson-coma white, 'the dope show' by MM, along with his cover of 'sweet dreams', 'spring' by Rammstein, Rammstein-'mein herz brennt', 'Sonne', by rammstein, more or less any song by Angel spit, Skrewdriver-the snow fell'-Skrewdriver may be a white supremacist/neonazi band, but the song 'snow fell' is fucking sweet. The singer generally sounds like a redneck prick who can't sing for toffee, but this track rocks.

What else...The Haunted-'urban predator', 'shadow world', 'wait and bleed' by slipknot, Papa Roach-last resort, between angels and insects, walking through barbed wire, and much of the stuff on their first and second albums. I don't like most of their new stuff from albums 3 and onwards. They sold out big time and went all soft poprock. FUCKING SUCK ARSE, their new stuff. The band is now an A-grade blower of syphilitic goat rectum, and chewer of infected hemorrhoids.

And more or less anything by Draconian, especially 'the amaranth', everything on their newest album, 'silent winter', 'through infected waters'...and...well..anything and everything by Draconian. They fucking \m/ \m/ rock :D
Mudvayne-death 'blooms', Kittie-spit, Kittie

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »
Meaning you can't check the video? There's little point describing the music to me, I know nothing about that sort of stuff. Finding Draconian is easy enough & I found the above just from Persephone, in Youtube. There's a Draconian Persefone there, though!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »
meaning I have to fix my pc first, then I will.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
Yeah. All I did was look on YT, so they're unlikely to be the one. Hope you can sort your PC soon!