Author Topic: Abortions based on sex  (Read 1150 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Abortions based on sex
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
i think the only time an abortion is necessary is if it will medically hurt the mother.
Good grief, you're pro-life, eris?  I wasn't expecting that.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

eris

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:21 AM »
i think the only time an abortion is necessary is if it will medically hurt the mother.
Good grief, you're pro-life, eris?  I wasn't expecting that.

yes and no

I do think that abortion should be legal and available for everyone, no questions asked

but i also think that life starts at conception, and it is a stupid, selfish, horrible decision and i dont think anyone that isnt having a medical crisis should do it

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »
i swear i remember reading this same exact thread a year ago or so. someone said something about abortions due to sex, then someone joked that abortions have to be due to sex, and then on and on.
lol people on here are obviously too predictable :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
Women who don't want the kid to the point where they want to abort it are very unlikely to be good parents (yes, I know they can end up changing their minds and still love the kid like any other parent, but theyre obviously much less likely to).

I know there's the option of putting it up for adoption, but there are already enough kids to be adopted, why add another to the equatiion?

Also she may be young and scared. Having to go thru 9 months of pregnancy and then a horrible childbirth doesn't seem reasonable to me

Then there are obviously the cases where woen have been raped, and those months of pregnancy and childbirth (and facing the decision over whether to keep or have adopted) will be very traumatic for a lot of rape victims,, and only make it harder for them to deal with what's happened to them

I dont think first trimester abortions are that bad at all. It's not like it's a baby in there

I don't LIKE the idea though, but I actually find the thought of kids being brought up by parents who don't want them , love them, care for them or raise them properly much more terrible than a fetus being terminated early

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »
Same with abortions based on what sex the baby is

If you're that much of a shitty parent, you shouldn't be having the kid anyway

The only bad point to it, is that they're not fukcking sterilised as well. they shouldn't be having a kid male OR female if they're that bothered about its sex

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
btw I'm not being 100% serious abou the sterilisation. I would never support a law passed to sterilise someone for requesting an abortion because of its sex, but I do think they shouldn' be having kids at all if they're like that

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
I seriously wish governments issued licenses for parenting, but I know how unpopular such policy would be.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »
I think the best thing to do here would be to ban telling anyone what sex the baby is, at least until after the abortion limit

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
I disagree with not telling the baby's gender to the parents until after the limit to have an abortion has passed.  What if for example they already have a child with a medical issue that is linked to the gender of the baby?

I think that unless they have a test like CVS or amniocentesis, they are unlikely to know the gender through something like ultrasound until they are at well past the first trimester in the pregnancy anyway.

I had amniocentesis and a genetic ultrasound and I knew that I was having a girl just before 20 weeks, which was the absolute limit for an elective abortion in the state where I lived, but I don't think many people have abortions at almost 20 weeks unless something is seriously wrong with either the baby or the mother.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »
Obviously there are instances where the sex of the baby is relevant. Clearly that would not apply if it was related to the baby's heath

And it is possible to find out the sex of a baby before 20 weeks

Clearly these women are being told whether they're having a  boy or a girl within the legal timeframe for a n abortion

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »
I didn't need a scan to tell me i was having a boy.  I just knew from the moment my pregnancy was confirmed.

I am not religious,  nor do i read horoscopes, visit fortune tellers or dabble in tea leaves.  I don't know how but i was 100% certain it was a boy.  Now that was wierd.

It would not have mattered if it was a girl either -  I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WANT ANY KIDS ANYWAY - THAT IS UNTIL THAT MOMENT I FOUND OUT I WAS HAVING ONE!  That was another wierd thing.

The weirdest thing of all is how much i love him and i could not imagine how shallow life would be without him.  Even now,  he is nearly five i still spend hours at his bedroom door,  watching him sleep.  Sometimes i wake up in the night and have to go and look to see he is still breathing!  I look at him and i am amazed at how beautiful he is... and just so glad that i got the urchin.   
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:41 PM »
I heard something about this topic on the radio this morning.   I can't quote anyone but it was something about the instances of requests to terminate girls being much higher than boys.

Kind of ironic,  that abortions are meant to empower women,  yet it is the females that would be gotten rid of. ???
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »
Yeah it is usually girls people are wanting to get rid of than boys. At least when it is cultural/religious reasons behind it

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 06:27:25 PM »
@ Bodi, I knew I was having a girl that certain, that we had no boys names ready.

Abortions? I can't see myself decide to have one, unless it would be a medical necessity, but, I cannot know, feel, think for another woman. So, when it comes to me, I'm kinda pro-life I guess, but, not when it is about someone else.

Boy or girl a reason to abort? I find that ridiculous, but, have to agree with Parts.
How do you avoid it though, when the woman could just lie and say it's for another reason?

Through draconian laws that restrict it severely would be the only way other than that there is no way.   I find it wrong that people would do this but there is nothing short of what I initially stated that would prevent it

In a few years, getting your genome screened will be affordable for lots of people. Getting the genome of your unborn child checked will be something affordable too. Then the question of what is a legitimate reason to abort will be everywhere.

A decade from now, even character of a child may be predictable, based on it's genome, will it be docile and easy, or will it be a trouble maker?

And, there will be an eerie question on top of that.

Will insurance companies have the right to tell people to abort, in certain outcomes? Can a school decide to refuse kids with a trouble maker genome?  Can states pre-emptively institutionalise?

There are clinics at the moment, that do screening on illnesses, yet, they refuse to look for some things, because they don't want to interfere in the gene pool too much. Only when it is about life-threatening illnesses. But, there will be clinics popping up where those ethics will not be part of the companies policy. And, yes, I do find that threatening.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »
I heard something about this topic on the radio this morning.   I can't quote anyone but it was something about the instances of requests to terminate girls being much higher than boys.

Kind of ironic,  that abortions are meant to empower women,  yet it is the females that would be gotten rid of. ???

True, China is a clear example.

India has a much higher male/female ratio than elsewhere in the world too. Girls get more accidents there it seems.  >:(
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!