Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 40524 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #720 on: March 01, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it non-consensual. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #721 on: March 02, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
Absolutely. Visa versa too. I think that the main thing is that if PMSElle doesn't wish to have sex again then she knows the choice is hers and she shouldnt
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #722 on: March 02, 2013, 07:51:08 AM »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #723 on: March 02, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »
1.  The allusion to the dude trying to go for anal during doggystyle when the woman isn't consenting to it; the idea that this is a normal and OK concern.
2.  I agree that disliking something does not make it non-consentual.  However, again, there's sort of this weird allusion/effed up vibe, particularly, I'll point out if the woman is supposed to be thinking "No;" it's left ambiguous.  Also, might I add, "Don't do it again" is an inadequate offering; stopping at any time anyone says it needs to stop is an important component of consent.  And, again, there's something of an allusion to this not really being considered.

I know the OP was not seriously-meant.  I could get into the rant on it, but I'll try to leave it at, "Occasionally I see things like that, and want to facepalm at a sizeable chunk of our culture."
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #724 on: March 02, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »

I saw it as the old running joke that guys always want to piitb, and women don't want it. The guy endlessly pestering her to try it, not him forcing her or doing it after she said no. Having never tried (and no desire) to do anal, this was my understanding of the cliche.

You know me well enough to know I don't think rape is funny.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #725 on: March 02, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #726 on: March 02, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:24:22 PM by earthboundmisfit »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »

I saw it as the old running joke that guys always want to piitb, and women don't want it. The guy endlessly pestering her to try it, not him forcing her or doing it after she said no. Having never tried (and no desire) to do anal, this was my understanding of the cliche.

I know you don't, which is part of why I actually commented on it- I knew you didn't mean it that way.  There is also something of a cliche of "whoops, I missed" being  way to "excuse" perpetrating unwanted anal sex on one's partner, and that this is somehow genuinely not in fact removing consent. 

I tend to "whistle in the dark" with my sense of humor; joking about the un-funny isn't what bugged me.  The idea that the joke was, in fact, potentially referring to rape (as I read it) without actually acknowledged that that was what it was doing/instead, normalizing it, was what bothered me, if that makes sense.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »
1.  The allusion to the dude trying to go for anal during doggystyle when the woman isn't consenting to it; the idea that this is a normal and OK concern.
2.  I agree that disliking something does not make it non-consentual.  However, again, there's sort of this weird allusion/effed up vibe, particularly, I'll point out if the woman is supposed to be thinking "No;" it's left ambiguous.  Also, might I add, "Don't do it again" is an inadequate offering; stopping at any time anyone says it needs to stop is an important component of consent.  And, again, there's something of an allusion to this not really being considered.

I know the OP was not seriously-meant.  I could get into the rant on it, but I'll try to leave it at, "Occasionally I see things like that, and want to facepalm at a sizeable chunk of our culture."

Actually I got from this that the guy had finally got the girl to consent to anal and during the act was like "Yes" as in "This is great. We got to do this more" and she is saying "No" as in "fuck doing this again this is not fun"

It is a variation in my mind of a was that as good for you as it was to me answered by a "No" (Bad sex is not necessarily sex that is not consensual nor is it a follow on conclusion that one partner has specifically said no (rather than perhaps thought it or whatever)

So again. I can not see the lack of consent at all. As to whether this is normal? I don't know. I would imagine that if it was otherwise posted that a great time was had by all it would not have been playing a she thought/he thought and not as amusing. But that does not allude to consent nor non-consent unto itself. I do not see where the allusion is that you are speaking of?

As to consent and saying no and stopping, you are preaching to the converted. What are you basing this on apart from an allusion that you have or a vibe?

It doesn't look like a lot. And THIS puts you of from sex for life? OK? Makes no real sense to me but I guess it doesn't have to.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »

I know you don't, which is part of why I actually commented on it- I knew you didn't mean it that way.  There is also something of a cliche of "whoops, I missed" being  way to "excuse" perpetrating unwanted anal sex on one's partner, and that this is somehow genuinely not in fact removing consent. 

I tend to "whistle in the dark" with my sense of humor; joking about the un-funny isn't what bugged me.  The idea that the joke was, in fact, potentially referring to rape (as I read it) without actually acknowledged that that was what it was doing/instead, normalizing it, was what bothered me, if that makes sense.

Looking at the last two comments ("Please dont..." to "Nooooo!"), I do see what you mean.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2013, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.