Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 40481 times)

Offline QuéOnda

• Frequent Poster
  • Spam hunter
Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #915 on: December 28, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
Q. How many kids with Aspergers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Tyrannosaurus lived in the Cretaceous Period.
"Share doubts, fears, and those questions that have no answers; for when it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands or the eyes, or the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others"-Eduardo Galeano (1940-2015)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #916 on: December 28, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
lol
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #917 on: December 28, 2013, 04:17:26 PM »
Q. How many kids with Aspergers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Tyrannosaurus lived in the Cretaceous Period.
:laugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #918 on: December 28, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
Excerpted from the Manchester Guardian - Jokes scientists make.

■ Two theoretical physicists are lost at the top of a mountain. Theoretical physicist No 1 pulls out a map and peruses it for a while. Then he turns to theoretical physicist No 2 and says: "Hey, I've figured it out. I know where we are."
"Where are we then?"
"Do you see that mountain over there?"
"Yes."
"Well… THAT'S where we are."

■ An electron and a positron go into a bar.
Positron: "You're round."
Electron: "Are you sure?"
Positron: "I'm positive."

■ A group of wealthy investors wanted to be able to predict the outcome of a horse race. So they hired a group of biologists, a group of statisticians, and a group of physicists. Each group was given a year to research the issue. After one year, the groups all reported to the investors. The biologists said that they could genetically engineer an unbeatable racehorse, but it would take 200 years and $100bn. The statisticians reported next. They said that they could predict the outcome of any race, at a cost of $100m per race, and they would only be right 10% of the time. Finally, the physicists reported that they could also predict the outcome of any race, and that their process was cheap and simple. The investors listened eagerly to this proposal. The head physicist reported, "We have made several simplifying assumptions: first, let each horse be a perfect rolling sphere… "

■ What is a physicist's favourite food? Fission chips.

■ Why did Erwin Schrödinger, Paul Dirac and Wolfgang Pauli work in very small garages? Because they were quantum mechanics.

■ A friend who's in liquor production,
Has a still of astounding construction,
The alcohol boils,
Through old magnet coils,
He says that it's proof by induction.

■ A new monk shows up at a monastery where the monks spend their time making copies of ancient books. The new monk goes to the basement of the monastery saying he wants to make copies of the originals rather than of others' copies so as to avoid duplicating errors they might have made. Several hours later the monks, wondering where their new friend is, find him crying in the basement. They ask him what is wrong and he says "the word is CELEBRATE, not CELIBATE!"

■ A blowfly goes into a bar and asks: "Is that stool taken?"

■ They have just found the gene for shyness. They would have found it earlier, but it was hiding behind two other genes.

■ What does the 'B' in Benoit B Mandelbrot stand for? Benoit B Mandelbrot.

■ Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip? To get to the other… eh? Hang on…

■ A statistician is someone who tells you, when you've got your head in the fridge and your feet in the oven, that you're – on average - very comfortable.

■ At a party for functions, ex is at the bar looking despondent. The barman says: "Why don't you go and integrate?" To which ex replies: "It would not make any difference."

■ There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

■ The floods had subsided, and Noah had safely landed his ark on Mount Sinai. "Go forth and multiply!" he told the animals, and so off they went two by two, and within a few weeks Noah heard the chatter of tiny monkeys, the snarl of tiny tigers and the stomp of baby elephants. Then he heard something he didn't recognise… a loud, revving buzz coming from the woods. He went in to find out what strange animal's offspring was making this noise, and discovered a pair of snakes wielding a chainsaw. "What on earth are you doing?" he cried. "You're destroying the trees!" "Well Noah," the snakes replied, "we tried to multiply as you bade us, but we're adders… so we have to use logs."

■ A statistician gave birth to twins, but only had one of them baptised. She kept the other as a control.

■ A chemistry teacher is recruited as a radio operator in the first world war. He soon becomes familiar with the military habit of abbreviating everything. As his unit comes under sustained attack, he is asked to urgently inform his HQ. "NaCl over NaOH! NaCl over NaOH!" he says. "NaCl over NaOH?" shouts his officer. "What do you mean?" "The base is under a salt!" came the reply.

■ Sodium sodium sodium sodium sodium sodium sodium sodium Batman!

■ A weed scientist goes into a shop. He asks: "Hey, you got any of that inhibitor of 3-phosphoshikimate-carboxyvinyl transferase? Shopkeeper: "You mean Roundup?" Scientist: "Yeah, that's it. I can never remember that dang name."

■ A mosquito was heard to complain
That chemists had poisoned her brain.
The cause of her sorrow
Was para-dichloro-
diphenyl-trichloroethane.

■ A psychoanalyst shows a patient an inkblot, and asks him what he sees. The patient says: "A man and woman making love." The psychoanalyst shows him a second inkblot, and the patient says: "That's also a man and woman making love." The psychoanalyst says: "You are obsessed with sex." The patient says: "What do you mean I am obsessed? You are the one with all the dirty pictures.''

■ Psychiatrist to patient: "Don't worry. You're not deluded. You only think you are."

■ After sex, one behaviourist turned to another behaviourist and said, "That was great for you, but how was it for me?"

■ An interviewer approaches a variety of scientists, and asks them: "Is it true that all odd numbers are prime?" The mathematician rejects the conjecture. "One is prime, three is prime, five is prime, seven is prime, but nine is not. The conjecture is false." The physicist is less certain. "One is prime, three is prime, five is prime, seven is prime, but nine is not. Then again 11 is and so is 13. Up to the limits of measurement error, the conjecture appears to be true." The psychologist says: "One is prime, three is prime, five is prime, seven is prime, nine is not. Eleven is and so is 13. The result is statistically significant." The artist says: "One is prime, three is prime, five is prime, seven is prime, nine is prime. It's true, all odd numbers are prime!"

■ What do scientists say when they go to the bar? Climate change scientists say: "Where's the ice?" Seismologists might ask for their drinks to be "shaken and not stirred". Microbiologists request just a small one. Neuroscientists ask for their drinks "to be spiked". Scientists studying the defective gubernaculum say: "Put mine in a highball", and finally, social scientists say: "I'd like something soft." When paying at the bar, geneticists say: "I think I have some change in my jeans." And at the end of the evening a shy benzene biochemist might say to his companion: "Please give me a ring."

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #919 on: January 01, 2014, 09:46:34 PM »

Just reading old posts in this thread. Found this one from Lutra. :laugh:

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #920 on: January 01, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #921 on: January 01, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »
Remember ayds candy. The poor marketing person who came up with that name never saw it coming. :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #922 on: January 06, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
My mail today came folded up like a taco shell bent right where it was stamped "DO NOT BEND"  :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #923 on: January 06, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
 :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #924 on: January 07, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #925 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:39 AM »
^That's sort of evil.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #926 on: January 08, 2014, 01:00:43 AM »
My mail today came folded up like a taco shell bent right where it was stamped "DO NOT BEND"  :laugh:

We had about fourteen inches of snow locally from Sunday noon to Monday afternoon.

They told us today that the mail was going to be delivered, then they said they said that it was really important that each recipient clear a path for the letter carriers so that they do not have to trudge through waste deep snow drifts and make it so that you can get your mail without trouble to the letter carrier.

Then they said that we should only do so if we are young and healthy, (they found an old woman, dead from shoveling snow) then said that NO ONE in the seventies should be out shoveling snow, then they said (after finding an old dead man in his sixties, dead from shoveling snow) that no one in their sixties should be out shoveling snow, then they (still taking a chance) said no one should be out shoveling snow unless they are young and able but all should keep the paths to your mail boxes clear, if possible.

:zombiefuck:

I claim "Old and Decrepit!"
There will be NO snow shoveling here! Sorry about your life Mister/MS letter carrier! (See, honestly, I can not even tell you the gender of my letter carrier, let lone whether he or she is HAWT or nawt   ??? ) [added after a thought or two]

GO back home!!

Who the fuck do you think you are impressing?  Wind chill is fifty below zero, Fahrenheit. Danger of frost bite occurs in thirty seconds to bare skin. I heard on the news today that it is actually warmer in Antarctica (OK - It is summer there, winter here - but FUCK! It's Antarctica, FFS!) than in Indiana.

Do you really think anyone is going to check their snail mail today or tomorrow or the day after?  What does fourteen inches of snow mean to YOU, besides really wet boots??

Go Home!! No one cares about receiving junk advertisements on time!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:26:40 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #927 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:59 AM »
^That's sort of evil.

:indeed: :evillaugh:

It's funny for a real-life troll.

We had about fourteen inches of snow locally from Sunday noon to Monday afternoon.

They told us today that the mail was going to be delivered, then they said they said that it was really important that each recipient clear a path for the letter carriers so that they do not have to trudge through waste deep snow drifts and make it so that you can get your mail without trouble to the letter carrier.

Then they said that we should only do so if we are young and healthy, (they found an old woman, dead from shoveling snow) then said that NO ONE in the seventies should be out shoveling snow, then they said (after finding an old dead man in his sixties, dead from shoveling snow) that no one in their sixties should be out shoveling snow, then they (still taking a chance) said no one should be out shoveling snow unless they are young and able but all should keep the paths to your mail boxes clear, if possible.

There will be NO snow shoveling here! Sorry about your life Mister/MS letter carrier! (See, honestly, I can not even tell you the gender of my letter carrier, let lone whether he or she is HAWT or nawt   ??? ) [added after a thought or two]

GO back home!!

Who the fuck do you think you are impressing?  Wind chill is fifty below zero, Fahrenheit. Danger of frost bite occurs in thirty seconds to bare skin. I heard on the news today that it is actually warmer in Antarctica (OK - It is summer there, winter here - but FUCK! It's Antarctica, FFS!) than in Indiana.

Do you really think anyone is going to check their snail mail today or tomorrow or the day after?  What does fourteen inches of snow mean to YOU, besides really wet boots??

Being colder in Indiana than Antarctica is :viking:.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #928 on: January 09, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »

^That's sort of evil.

:indeed: :evillaugh:

It's funny for a real-life troll.

GO back home!!

Being colder in Indiana than Antarctica is :viking:.

Yeah, we are more fucked in this household that I mentioned.

On the coldest day in twenty years, we had to buy a new furnace.

This is hardly laughable; I plan to post this SHIT in one of the more bitchy threads, eventually.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #929 on: January 09, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »

Naw, it IS laughable.  Go ahead.  I am trying to laugh, so you should too.

I was ready to use that four thousand dollars for a new car this year.  Whatever!