Author Topic: Bayer Aspirin For Contraception  (Read 913 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Bayer Aspirin For Contraception
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »
I get such a chuckle when these things come out. Here we have millions of our fellow Americans unemployed. We have jihadist camps being set up in central – in Latin America, which Rick has been warning about, and people seem to be so preoccupied with sex.
Yes, let's do talk about those jihadist camps.
Who is that quoting?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »
I read somewhee yesterday that Santorum was saying obama "encourages abortion" ? lol

I didn't read thru thr whole article and couldn't find the quote, and I know news headlines sensationalise things, but was that really what he was gettting at?

Here he also tells how dangerous it is to live in my country, when you are old.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!

do you remebmer a couple years ago where loads of american politicans were whipping up hysteria about NHS-style heathcare btw?

one of them said soemthing along the lines of, if stephen hawking has been born in britain, he wouldn't be alive today, lol

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!

do you remebmer a couple years ago where loads of american politicans were whipping up hysteria about NHS-style heathcare btw?

one of them said soemthing along the lines of, if stephen hawking has been born in britain, he wouldn't be alive today, lol

Oh dear, how did I miss that golden moment?  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
ah just looked it up for you, and it wasnt a politician, it was a newspaper who said it:

"People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the UK, where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless,"

wouldnt br ssurprised if a lot of republicans would believe that too tho

stephen hawking himeslf then responded in a british newspaper:

"I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS," he said. "I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »
ah just looked it up for you, and it wasnt a politician, it was a newspaper who said it:

"People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the UK, where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless,"

My guess is that they were talking about the QALY, or Quality-Adjusted Life Year that your NHS uses, where adding a year to the life of a handicapped person is considered less valuable than adding a year to the life of a non-handicapped person and they don't want to spend more than £20000 or £30000 per QALY added.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 05:03:45 AM »
And, without NHS, or health-insurance for everyone, QALY is depending on income or financial resources of the patient?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 07:38:24 AM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
My guess is that they were talking about the QALY, or Quality-Adjusted Life Year that your NHS uses, where adding a year to the life of a handicapped person is considered less valuable than adding a year to the life of a non-handicapped person and they don't want to spend more than £20000 or £30000 per QALY added.

???

The newspaper was saying that Hawking would not have been given treatment on the NHS if he was in Britain. Clearly he was given that treatment. Of course the NHS cannot afford every single possible treatment - no country has unlimited resources. At least ours isn't dictated by how much money the patient has.

So I'm not really sure what youre getting at here. I don't see how this has anythig to do wit what he newspaper was claiming, as it was obviously fictitious bullshit

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »
And, without NHS, or health-insurance for everyone, QALY is depending on income or financial resources of the patient?

Good point.  In the US it would then depend on the person's own financial resources or on their insurance coverage.  If the person is poor enough, they can get Medicaid to cover their health care, but if they are too rich for Medicaid and too poor to afford private health insurance, they are often out of luck.  However, most drug manufacturers offer financial assistance in affording their medications to poorer people who lack prescription drug coverage.

I know that nobody has infinite resources and there has to be some cost constraint, but the QALY seems kind of cold-blooded to me since a year of a handicapped person's life is considered to be worth less than a year of the life of a person without a handicap.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:42 PM »
I'm rooting for Ricky.  He has a plausible chance at winning the Republican nomination and zero chance at winning the general election.  It's all win/win for me  :zoinks:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
I'm rooting for Ricky.  He has a plausible chance at winning the Republican nomination and zero chance at winning the general election.  It's all win/win for me  :zoinks:

I like the optimistic way of your math.

That zero chance at winning the general election looks vital for me.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »

I like the optimistic way of your math.

That zero chance at winning the general election looks vital for me.

The Republicans using this contraceptive issue is hilarious.  93% of Catholic women use contraception.  They are all pandering to 7% of the population while scaring the crap out of the other 93%.  Gay marriage is now accepted by greater than 50% of the population.  70+% of the population thinks millionaires should pay more taxes.  They are coming down on the wrong side of every possible issue, and it will be a glorious and cleansing fire in November when they crash and burn.  The only chance they have is Romney who has flip-flopped on every position he ever held prior to running for president, and the only chance he has is if he flips back after securing the nomination.  Of course, then he has to run against himself and his inability to hold a belief that isn't pre-approved by poll numbers.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
“Satan has his sights on the United States of America!,” Santorum thundered to a Florida university crowd four years ago in a speech unearthed by the Drudge Report.

“The Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on,” Santorum said. “[A] good, decent, powerful, influential country — the United States of America.”

Link

:zombiefuck:  I agree with MLA but really what are the Republicans thinking

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »