Educational

Author Topic: How tall are you?  (Read 1862 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: How tall are you?
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
  I used to measure 5'2.5" but I seem to have lost a quarter-inch in recent years.  I know that long-term use
  of proton pump inhibitors (like Prilosec/omeprazole) can reduce bone density.  I guess I'm shrinking!  :hide:

Keep an eye on that. This could be a reason to see your doctor.
There is medication to make your bone material more dense, to slow the shrinking process. But, the same medication may work against you when you break a bone or need surgery done on your bones. Because it will stop bone growth.

Still, "growing" short rapidly can bring lots of nasty things. So, do keep an eye on yourself.

Yes, I've heard of some of thsoe anti-osteoporosis meds actually causing fractures.  :zombiefuck:
  I will ask my doctor about this.  It's also possible, I suppose, that my spine is being
  pressed down by my excess weight, and that losing a chunk of blubber off my
  overloaded frame could help me to stand taller!  :viking:

One of the few things where excess weight is actually helpful is in the preventing of osteoporosis. Your bone-density increases with impact. Walking with extra weight is adding extra impact. Therefor it is beneficial for your bones.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2017, 12:36:21 PM »
A centimetre I think. Not much. But I broke a rib shortly after my first scan and that scared me.

Yikes.  I broke one in September 2015, but I fell really hard against the side of my bathtub. :pow:

:pow:

I'm 5' 4".
:dog:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2017, 10:45:20 AM »
Last time I checked I was 6ft 3 (1.905 meters).  :nerdy: