Educational

Author Topic: what are you drinking right now? (pt2)  (Read 50296 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: what are you drinking right now? (pt2)
« Reply #2910 on: December 28, 2018, 10:54:54 AM »
Coffee
:skywarp:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2911 on: December 28, 2018, 10:58:57 AM »
Coffee

Dammit Jesse, quit stealing my posts.  (At least after you get all fixed up and feeling 100%)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2912 on: December 28, 2018, 11:16:56 AM »
More beer.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2913 on: December 28, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »
Diet Coke
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2914 on: December 28, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
Brewdog Punk IPA. Not bad.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2915 on: December 28, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »
Water
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2916 on: December 31, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
Becks lager. Heh, I hadn't really bargained on quite how hard it'd hit, after I'd taken a sleeping pill, in a failed attempt to sleep (5mg nitrazepam, fairly strong, long acting benzo, very much tendencies towards the hypnotic side of benzodiazepine action, probably the one I most favour of prescribable benzos in the UK, I seem to take better towards nitrobenzos than others, which seems to be born out by the fact loprazolam is the only other one in the NHS arsenal that I really would take out of choice, if I had to pick a benzo sleep aid, and nitrazepam wasn't available. They taste minty too) and after a shot of the dark rum I got my old man for xmas after he decided to offer me one (which means more beer to wash it down)

Right now...I'm kind of at the point where I had to use a little LED mini-torch to look at the crate and remember which kind of beer I was drinking.

And the adrenolytic meds I'm on seem to interact with alcohol to a degree, or one of the two does, I'm meant to be taking two different related meds, clonidine and tizanidine, the clonidine doesn't seem to interact much, but the other, its a really strong muscle relaxer, and the two together=barely stand up.

I can't actually remember the last time I felt to any degree intoxicated after drinking beer, spirits, its familiar enough, although I'm not much of a drinker. Last time I drank, not counting supping a beer  over a day or two, was months ago. But usually beer goes through me faster than it's alcohol content has any effect, even with the meds I'm on, this time, it seems it decided to take me by surprise.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2917 on: December 31, 2018, 03:25:50 AM »
Coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2918 on: December 31, 2018, 04:31:06 AM »
Heh and just as I thought it'd be wearing off, I'd picked up my meds, and after a day and night using just 80mg oxycodone in total, in the form of 10mg IR capsules, and two 5mg nitrazepam tablets, one yesterday in the morning, the other the end of yesterday night, the already boosted effect of that guzzled down lot of beer (about 9-11 pints) got kicked into OVERDRIVE after I took my antiseizure dose of chlormethiazole, the strongly barbiturate-like sedative-hypnotic as well as antiseizure drug, which even above all other depressants, has a specific interaction with alcohol of it's own, inhibiting alcohol dehydrogenase, causing plasma levels to stay stable longer (of alcohol) and peak higher, in combination with the initial 40mg dose of oxy, and when I got home, a shot made with 8x30mg units of morphine sulfate, first not only of the day, but for two days and a night, when just beginning to feel the very first effects of physical withdrawal after losing almost ALL my oxycodone rx, and getting an emergency 3-day supply, reluctantly granted me from my GP after a father and son tidyup of the front room for my uncle to come round, I've not seen them since, and I CAN'T have forgotten and simply used them all, that'd be over half a GRAM of oxycodone, in addition to up to 1-gram (yes I meant gram not milligram) IM or IV shots of morphine, that was SUCH a relief.

Might have ONE more beer, while I begin the drudge-work of conducting melting point tests in triplicate upon the latest batch of a certain recrystallized phenylnitroalkene, Nothing dangerous to go wrong, it's just watching a thermometer in the oil bath of a Thiele tube, with a microcapillary sample tube containing a few milligrams of sample material slowly creep up until it melts, watching with a magnifying glass)

Time to go prepare the sample tubes, load fresh oil into the Thiele tube, and find a couple of kitchen bag wire-ties to strap the tubes to the thermometer, grab the argon tank to purge the Buchner funnel containing my main batch after each extraction of a few mg per tube, run three tubes, average over the three results and hope that my sample melts at that sought for 64-66 'C range. Hoping it'll be right, so I can avoid another recrystallization and purification, and use what I've purified, hoping it's right as it is, before introducing it to 5-6fold molar excess of sodium borohydride in anhydrous isopropanol, before it gets chucked into a bath of acid, iron metal as fine, fine dust, and catalytic ferric chloride  to provide the sought end product.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2919 on: December 31, 2018, 07:14:00 AM »
Hot chocolate
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2920 on: December 31, 2018, 09:47:30 AM »
Thinking I might just have another beer. What's one more beer between me and a friendly relationship with my liver. turning 9-10 into 10 or 11 isn't going to make a difference. And I DO have two large sticky icky gooey scrummy jamaica ginger cakes to munch on that'll need something to wash them down with. And four BIG bags of sour gummy bubblegum jelly bottle candies.

*saves a cold beer, a big chunk of really damn GOOD cake and a load of bubblegum jelly-thingy candies for miss K*

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2921 on: December 31, 2018, 10:35:54 AM »
Echoing odeon

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2922 on: December 31, 2018, 12:00:44 PM »
Diet Coke
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2923 on: December 31, 2018, 12:07:17 PM »
Hm....today definitely seems like a very beer-ey day. Actually I forgot to get any other replenishment beverages whilst out, so for today, it's beer, beer or.....beer...oh well. It's here, it's chilly in the fridge and plentiful. So whenever I'm thirsty, I can just go grab a beer.

There are far worse things that could be inflicted upon a guy than being forced to quench his thirst with cold beer for a day.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2924 on: December 31, 2018, 03:17:10 PM »
Echoing Phoenix