Author Topic: working in a call centre  (Read 410 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: working in a call centre
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 02:12:51 AM »
I don't know what kind of call-centre you are working at.

But, no matter if it is inbound or outbound, selling things or customer service, don't let the mood of the caller get to you.

Saw quite some people getting really upset, because of the way angry customers treated them.

But, in the end, they don't know you, and they are not calling you personally.

Angry customers call because they do have a real problem, that needs fixing, or, they are in a foul mood, and found something to bitch about to get it out of their system. Their neighbour, dog or spouse probably was not around to yell at, and, at least you are getting paid for being scolded. (Be it, very likely, not a brilliant salary)

In the first case, trying to fix it, or, logging the problem right, and reading out to them how you logged the problem will make that they feel taken serious.
The other case, letting them rage a bit can help. Though, sometimes you wonder. But it is not about you, and, realising that can make it easier.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline bucephalus

• Part of the Chaos
  • apparently
    • my band
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
. But it is not about you, and, realising that can make it easier.

I do tell other people this one but i probably forget when i'm on the call myself.  it's not too bad in general, i just get into some awkward situations sometimes and i can't move on in the call.  there are a lot of situations where the system is saying one thing and the customer is saying the other and it's our word against theirs.  I need to try and imagine what i'd expect as a customer if the situation is reversed perhaps

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
I need to try and imagine what i'd expect as a customer if the situation is reversed perhaps
Yeah and that can be hard for us autistics to do. Each situation varies so much.

I actually had someone from a call centre call me about when my mobile phone contract would finish, it was nice to actually be told and not have to guess like I have done before, heh.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 07:25:07 AM »

I do tell other people this one but i probably forget when i'm on the call myself.  it's not too bad in general, i just get into some awkward situations sometimes and i can't move on in the call.  there are a lot of situations where the system is saying one thing and the customer is saying the other and it's our word against theirs.  I need to try and imagine what i'd expect as a customer if the situation is reversed perhaps

Do you have a card with a script of what to say?

Most awkward phonecall I once got was someone calling who was in the middle of a HUGE domestic fight. Very weird. She wanted to get a cab away, but, ordered a return vehicle too. And I so wanted to tell her not to go back.  :GA:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 07:25:55 AM »

Do you have a card with a script of what to say?

Most awkward phonecall I once got was someone calling who was in the middle of a HUGE domestic fight. Very weird. She wanted to get a cab away, but, ordered a return vehicle too. And I so wanted to tell her not to go back.  :GA:

That would suck.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap