Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 365 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Youtube
« on: November 11, 2006, 11:41:45 AM »
I don't love youtube just because of the videos, but because of the lengths some crafty bastards will go to in order to upload anime that won't get caught for weeks. I still don't understand how some companies can be so dumb. America and other countries don't have too much access to anime besides word of mouth, some cable tv stations which a lot of people don't get or the anime is edited, and the internet. It's simply too expensive to to buy every anime that comes out without knowing whether it's good or not. Youtube gives people a chance to watch the anime they want, and there's a lot of stuff I plan on buying now that I've seen them.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
Re: Youtube
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »
Yeah I'd imagine its a good resource considering how ridiculously expensive anime is priced here.  I'm surprised that they're able to get away with it on youTube though, I mean why don't the companies just call in and get those accounts/users shut out?  I mean they'll just download it through DirectConnect or something, but at least make it hard for people
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 02:33:35 AM »
Perhaps the anime companies are smart enough to realise that youtube is better than a multi-billion yen marketing campaign for generating interest in their products, and when youtube removes a video, it's youtube that's evil, not the anime company, so by not getting involved, they avoid upsetting their fans.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 03:58:51 AM »
I watch GTO Love Hina and Batman on it.  And I want to get into Naruto.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:14:18 AM »
Perhaps the anime companies are smart enough to realise that youtube is better than a multi-billion yen marketing campaign for generating interest in their products, and when youtube removes a video, it's youtube that's evil, not the anime company, so by not getting involved, they avoid upsetting their fans.

I doubt it. When an anime video has been taken down the name of the anime company is posted in the little red box that appears in a removed video's place.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 02:07:36 PM »
I like watching and dowloading (using firefox plugins  :green:) music videos on youtube.

Offline Draggon

• Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 05:20:13 PM »
I like watching and dowloading (using firefox plugins  :green:) music videos on youtube.
which firefox plugins?

Offline Draggon

• Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 07:20:54 AM »
I really don't understand the stupidity of copyright protection sometimes
The new CD I just bought will not play in my car due to the copyright protection on it, but I am having no trouble ripping the songs onto MP3 and I should imagine I would have no trouble putting the MP3s up for download.  The sheer idiocy of the whole thing is mind-boggling.