Author Topic: Americans  (Read 1823 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Americans
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »
Yes, and this one is particularly boring and particularly predictable. Sorry you have to come back and witness such a low-quality troll.

Frankly I think he's far less boring and predictable than several members here.

Ah, I see the troll is making friends to set against the other members.  Maybe he is more skilled than I first gave him credit for.

I have no problem with Emile at all. I've realized recently that it's important to judge people by how they treat me, not by how they are regarded by others.

I've fell into that trap myself before, and I'm not proud of it. I've also watched others fall into it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »
This is how trolls can thrive here.

The attack on Americans is about as obvious as they come, but the deflections weren't exactly subtle either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
Everyone here is just jealous 'cause I am the most fabulous of all.   :soph:

I know I am.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
Yes, and this one is particularly boring and particularly predictable. Sorry you have to come back and witness such a low-quality troll.

Ah, I see the troll is making friends to set against the other members.  Maybe he is more skilled than I first gave him credit for.

I have no problem with Emile at all. I've realized recently that it's important to judge people by how they treat me, not by how they are regarded by others.

I've fell into that trap myself before, and I'm not proud of it. I've also watched others fall into it.

I'm confused.  How someone treats you is the only thing of importance, not how you observe them treating others?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »

Not really.

I'm just stating an opinion , I find what he's been posting and the reactions it's got from certain members more entertaining than what is posted here by some members.

I haven't dug around to catch up on the last few weeks to months of posts.  Are you and Butterflies still at war with Odeon and anyone who says they like Odeon?  Is that what you are alluding to?

No. I'm certainly not at war with Odeon at all, and would like to think that mine and Odeons issue is over.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »

I know I am.

No, I am!  It's ON, bitch!   :boxers:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »

I know I am.

No, I am!  It's ON, bitch!   :boxers:

:smarty:

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »

Not really.

I'm just stating an opinion , I find what he's been posting and the reactions it's got from certain members more entertaining than what is posted here by some members.

I haven't dug around to catch up on the last few weeks to months of posts.  Are you and Butterflies still at war with Odeon and anyone who says they like Odeon?  Is that what you are alluding to?

No. I'm certainly not at war with Odeon at all, and would like to think that mine and Odeons issue is over.

Excellent.  :)

I haven't been around for a while, so I am not sure who Squiddy's comment was aimed at.  I may have missed the mark entirely.  Perhaps he could clarify.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »

I'm confused.  How someone treats you is the only thing of importance, not how you observe them treating others?

Yes and no.

How someone treats me has to be the most important issue for me.

On an internet forum, I should try not to judge people on how they appear to treat someone else. It's so easy to only see one side of an argument, and get the wrong idea of someone.

Yes, someone might do something to someone that seems wrong to me, but I wouldn't know what had caused that person to do that thing. Maybe they have some justification.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »

Not really.

Rofl , no not at all , just an opinion on the posts and some of the posters here.

My comment wasn't actually aimed at Odeon.  :)

Because Squiddy is hoping that someone will ask him who, so he can feel justified in his whining?  :facepalm2:

:lol:

Way off the mark.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
Hmm.  So that makes it impossible to judge someone by any other criteria than how they treat you personally.  It seems to me that this particular method of judging others would make it difficult for an internet community to thrive as it would be a conglomeration of one-on-one relationships with no real community involved.

If I started gay-bashing Squiddy but didn't say anything bad to you, this would not affect your opinion of me? 

midlifeaspie

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »

Rofl , no not at all , just an opinion on the posts and some of the posters here.

Which posters?  If you want to call people boring I'm sure you want to do it directly.  Hinting at insulting someone without coming right out and being direct about it is the provenance of pre-teen girls :)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »
Hmm.  So that makes it impossible to judge someone by any other criteria than how they treat you personally.  It seems to me that this particular method of judging others would make it difficult for an internet community to thrive as it would be a conglomeration of one-on-one relationships with no real community involved.

If I started gay-bashing Squiddy but didn't say anything bad to you, this would not affect your opinion of me?
it would affect the squids opinion of you, for sure

:include:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 06:13:22 PM »

Which posters?  If you want to call people boring I'm sure you want to do it directly.  Hinting at insulting someone without coming right out and being direct about it is the provenance of pre-teen girls :)

Not really , I said I found him more entertaining than other posters here at the moment , why does this have to mention anyone specific , moreover why is this such an issue to you?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »

I think that's a slightly different issue. I wouldn't have an issue with you for getting involved in an argument with Squiddy. I would also try not to judge you for a homophobic comment made during an argument, even though I wouldn't like it much.

I would have an issue with your homophobia, but not because it was aimed at Squiddy. Same would apply to racism, sexism, etc.

Dunno if that makes sense at all. I might not be explaining it very well.