Educational

Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 5523 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Suicide
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
That is actually the best description i have read.

I understand a little better now Squid. :thumbup:
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
It is not selfish.  Or chicken.   It is many things,  i just don't see the 'love' for it.
blah blah blah

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »
It is not selfish.  Or chicken.   It is many things,  i just don't see the 'love' for it.
Choosing between life and death, that is a great power.  I love that if I become too miserable I can simply exit.  Or even if I'm just bored! 

We're all going to die anyway, why stick around if you're not enjoying yourself?
 :hyke:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
lol I see it that way too ^

Except for most of us, there's the family ties to think of, so we stick around regardless

When it comes down to it, we're all sat here suffering for each other :P

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
BUT,  if you read squids post,  it implies it could be done without rational thought and therefore further implies that some successful attempts are mistakes.

You only have to turn a different corner,  or have a chance meeting with someone and your life could change forever.

Not long ago,  here in the UK,  police found a whole family dead.   The father had taken his own life,  and decided to take his wife and his two little boys with him.   He actually rammed a knife into his two year old son?

My only explanation for this is a sudden moment of madness.  Not rationally able to control ones actions.  Fucked up and nothing lovely about it either.
blah blah blah

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:57 PM »

Except for most of us, there's the family ties to think of, so we stick around regardless

Noooot meeeee!!!!!

Once I die I won't care about anything - including my loved ones!  So I know as soon as I die, even that worry will be erased!  Hooray!!  :2thumbsup:

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
Not long ago,  here in the UK,  police found a whole family dead.   The father had taken his own life,  and decided to take his wife and his two little boys with him.   He actually rammed a knife into his two year old son?

My only explanation for this is a sudden moment of madness.  Not rationally able to control ones actions.  Fucked up and nothing lovely about it either.
I think one of the single cruelest things someone can do is bring a child into this world.  What you described above seems compassionate by comparison.

Just my opinion anyway.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
I think one of the single cruelest things someone can do is bring a child into this world.

Maybe, but once it's done, the rules change and it's no longer compassionate to take it back.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
BUT,  if you read squids post,  it implies it could be done without rational thought and therefore further implies that some successful attempts are mistakes.

You only have to turn a different corner,  or have a chance meeting with someone and your life could change forever.

This is true, but no longer matters when you no longer exist. it's like a baby that was never born... he could have been a serial killer, or he could have invented some shit-awesome thing. Once you're gone, none of those possibilites exist anymore. And you're not around to regret not meeting that someone who could have changed your life.

Noooot meeeee!!!!!

Once I die I won't care about anything - including my loved ones!  So I know as soon as I die, even that worry will be erased!  Hooray!!  :2thumbsup:

For YOU, you won't have those worries anymore. But before you do it, you know that others will have that pain. Most people believe that even once they are gone, life still carries on for everyone else. If I killed myself tonight, I would cease to exist and no longer have any worries. But right now I know that, while I wouldn't be worrying anymore, my mum would still be here and she'd be in a lot of pain

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »

I think one of the single cruelest things someone can do is bring a child into this world. 
[/quote

Technically, I agree. It's definitely one of the most selfish anyway. If you choose to get pregnant

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
Humans are genetically programmed to reproduce and further their species.

Animals are too,  in fact they tend to mate when there is only a real chance of becoming pregnant.

Anyway, i don't think the father who butchered his family really was thinking in a compassionate way.
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
Humans are genetically programmed to reproduce and further their species.

Animals are too,  in fact they tend to mate when there is only a real chance of becoming pregnant.

that's why we're selfish. Everything we do is ultimately to carry on our genes. It's not our fault though lol

Anyway, i don't think the father who butchered his family really was thinking in a compassionate way.

Me neither. I would never condone murdering a child

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
Some people get really really depressed about NOT being able to have a child.

:dunno:

I don't really care that it is selfish to have children.  It is.  That does not mean you own them and they have to exit when you do.   The 'rights' of an individual to die i can support.  I could never support someone extending that right to others.
blah blah blah

eris

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
some people really do take others suicide attempts personally

When I said the nurses in ICU hate people that try to commit suicide, I mean it. They look at it like this. They work with people all day fighting for their life. When they see someone trying to kill themselves, they think it is a slap in the face to all the people that are there for other serious illnesses.

That is fucked, I think.

I mean they were all mean to me. Very cross, did not care if i needed something. A few called me selfish. Someone brought me flowers and they threw them in the trash.

that is not a way to treat someone who is so depressed they want to die.

I think thinking suicide is selfish is selfish. Cant see past your own nose. Cant see past your own perspective.

No one kills themselves to piss other people off.

Offline Pig

• Moron!
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 06:42:10 PM »
some people really do take others suicide attempts personally

When I said the nurses in ICU hate people that try to commit suicide, I mean it. They look at it like this. They work with people all day fighting for their life. When they see someone trying to kill themselves, they think it is a slap in the face to all the people that are there for other serious illnesses.

That is fucked, I think.

I mean they were all mean to me. Very cross, did not care if i needed something. A few called me selfish. Someone brought me flowers and they threw them in the trash.

that is not a way to treat someone who is so depressed they want to die.

I think thinking suicide is selfish is selfish. Cant see past your own nose. Cant see past your own perspective.

No one kills themselves to piss other people off.
Ouch.  Those nurses really are cunts.  :grrr: