Arena for the Competitive > Main Event Callouts

PeterMacKenzie vs. Bland

(1/5) > >>

Peter:
Reposted from http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.html?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=212381#212381

--- Quote from: Bland ---PeterM, I usually do not argue with men in skirts but I will make an exception because I like you so well.
Just because there are similarities between animals or plants doesn't meant that they evolved into or from one another.  I could take a walk in the woods and compare blades of grasses and make up an elaborate explanation based on similarities that one type of grass was the original and it came into existance so many hundred billion years ago and then this type of grass evolved...etc..  (ever so slowly, mind you, because it takes millions of years for the nursery magic to happen) Things do not turn into other things.  There is a far cry between evolution and adaptation.  Creatures were created with adaptations to enable them to live in different environments or under certain circumstances.  They used to say that our tailbone was a vestigal organ.  Okay, then, let's have them surgically removed and see if we miss them. 
Take, for instance, the skulls of different races of humans and compare them to monkeys.  Are you going to say that the human skulls that are more similar to monkeys are less evolved than those that are more different than monkeys?  Dogs? Different breeds of dogs, fish or humans do not prove evolution at all in the same way that different kinds of rocks don't, different colors of hair, etc.  The only way that anyone can make this assertion is if they already believe in the THEORY of evolution and base all of their reasoning upon that BELIEF.
--- End quote ---

I haven't been paying much attention to the debate here, partly because I've been busy with other things, and partly because it's been kind of meandering around and not going anywhere interesting.   Evolution is something that interests me though, but I don't think this is the best place for a debate about it. 

Would you like to come on over to Intensity?  We can have a one-on-one debate there, no holds barred, no interruptions, no moderation, winner is voted on by the membership and bestows a custom title on the loser.  It's the best chance you'll get for upholding your beliefs in public, and I bet you think I'd look good with 'Rabid Atheist' or something similar as my custom title.

McGiver:
Kevv and her are close i think.
maybe he can ask her to meet you here.

Peter:
I asked her on WP, and also on pearsofwisdom, so she shouldn't have any problems finding us.  I've offered to give her as long as she wants though to take up the challenge; not the usual 48 hours, since she's not a member here. 

Peter:
From http://pearlsofwisdom.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?p=2602&mforum=pearlsofwisdom#2602:

--- Quote from: PeterMacKenzie ---
--- Quote from: Bland ---PeterM wrote: I've wondered about the 'gay' bit too. It doesn't make it terribly clear, but there's a suspicious amount of stuff about 'for those who like hot guys in kilts', though maybe it's a club where they crash bars together and steal all the women.

You have quite an imagination, PeterM.  It's no wonder you believe in evolution  :roll: !  Just teasing you, you're a very nice young man; I hope I'm not pushing my luck!
--- End quote ---

You're very nice too, but I challenged you to a debate in intensity for your post on WP.  Actually, I was surprised I didn't find you listed in the membership over there.  You'd fit in well.  There's usually a 48 hour time-limit on challenges, but I'll let you take it up whenever you want, if you'd like to take time to settle in over there.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PeterMacKenzie ---Linky, since Alex is deleting intensity links on WP.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=191.0
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: keven ---I have debated Evolution, Intelligent Design, Adaption and whatever to no avail Myself. Peter does it matter where You debated at? The links seem to still be working too.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PeterMacKenzie ---It does matter.  A debate on WP can go on an on and round and round and never get anywhere, as people come and go and interrupt and wander off on tangents.  On intensity, there's a clear, uninterrupted debate between two parties on a set subject, with a winner declared at the end.  It's an altogether more formal and satisfying method, which encourages people to really take a stand and pit their position against someone else's.

Also, I didn't mean the links had been deleted; just that they could be deleted without warning in the future.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: keven ---I see. You could have the debate here too? If she willing to debate it?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PeterMacKenzie ---We could debate it here, if she was willing, but I really would rather do it on Intensity.  I don't think this is the best place for heavy-duty debating; your 'Politics and Religion' forum has 'Please, no fist fights!' tagged under it.
--- End quote ---

Leto729:
There is no tags in the "Politics and Religion" forum has not "Please no fist fights" under it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version