Author Topic: Young Mother Shoots, Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Young Mother Shoots, Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
We just had a similar incident happen about 3 miles up the road.

Intruder broke in an couple's home in the early morning hours, the husband fired a warning shot and he didn't back off, so he killed him.

Ex is supposed to teach me how to shoot a pistol this spring (I've been left with 2 since mom passed away). He wants me to get a permit to carry since I'm always roaming, not sure about that yet, but I do want to get myself used to them.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »

Intruder broke in an couple's home in the early morning hours, the husband fired a warning shot and he didn't back off, so he killed him.

Ex is supposed to teach me how to shoot a pistol this spring (I've been left with 2 since mom passed away). He wants me to get a permit to carry since I'm always roaming, not sure about that yet, but I do want to get myself used to them.

I can totally see you packing a pistol as you drive around
 town in your mighty truck!  :icequeen:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
I want to get my concealed carry permit sometime soon.  Now that the kids are older I don't worry as much about having guns around though my wife hates them.  As for in the house I have things hidden everywhere, bats, big knives and even a big spiked club next to the bed
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
My mom & dad both had permits to carry.

Ex has one as well since he closes the bar up by himself and it's been robbed countless times due to it's location.   

My dad was a big gun nut, but he never believed in showing them to anyone or flashing them around (didn't care for people that did), he just liked shooting them and collecting, so I've been around them ever since I could remember.

Scrapheap

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
 :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »

I'm sure she won't shoot you without a reason.  Behave yourself and you're safe.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

You thought the same thing when you read her last statement, didn't you?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.

eris

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »

I dont know if we are talking about the same thing, but on Thanksgiving an old friend of mine was shot and killed trying to break into someone house on route 40

What do I think ? well, I miss my friend. I think it's a shame, but the man had the right to protect his house. It's a tragedy, not a victory for anyone. He had a bad drug problem and he did the WRONG thing and had to pay the price - BUT, I would NEVER say such a thing to his family or my friends. I think it's a time to keep my opinion to myself

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11330/1192749-58.stm
DA says killing of intruder by homeowner appears justified
Saturday, November 26, 2011
By Sadie Gurman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Elijah J. Malanosky -- shot and killed as he was breaking into a home

A Washington County home-owner who shot and killed an intruder on Thanksgiving morning won't likely face criminal charges, District Attorney Steven Toprani said Friday.

The incident unfolded about 4:30 a.m. at a home in the 3100 block of National Pike in Centerville. The homeowner, Martin Swarrow, was awakened by his barking dog and encountered a man who was breaking into an attached garage. Mr. Swarrow, armed with a handgun, fired a warning shot before he struck the intruder once in the upper torso, state police said. Elijah J. Malanosky, 30, of Cokeburg, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The case likely falls under the "castle doctrine," which allows homeowners to use deadly force against intruders in certain circumstances, Mr. Toprani said. Gov. Tom Corbett this summer signed a bill to widen the right to use such force in self-defense in situations outside a person's home or business.

"By all appearances, this is likely a castle case," Mr. Toprani said, adding that he will review police reports next week before making a final determination about whether to charge Mr. Swarrow. "The castle law permits residents to use force when confronted with a threat of physical harm. In this matter, we will look into the circumstances to see if there was a threat. It's a question of justification."

Police said that Mr. Malanosky was shot after he "lunged" at the homeowner but have offered few glimpses into their confrontation.

Mr. Swarrow could not be reached for comment on Friday. Neither could relatives of Mr. Malanosky, a man who had been wanted by state police since August on charges that he received a stolen firearm. Investigators said they were not sure whether Mr. Malanosky was armed when he shattered a window and entered the Swarrow home on Thursday.

Troopers on Friday were also investigating whether more than one person played a role in the break-in and were urging anyone with information on the incident to come forward.

Mr. Malanosky described himself on his Facebook page as an engaged father who graduated from Bentworth Senior High School in 1999. Court records show a criminal past that spans more than a decade, during which he was found guilty of crimes including assault, resisting arrest, receiving stolen property and escape. A string of charges filed last year including drug possession and possession with intent to deliver were part of a case that was declared inactive, court records show.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11330/1192749-58.stm#ixzz1id4SZZwn

I miss you Eli, but you fucked up

RIP

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
That's the one eris.

It is a tragedy, I agree with you 100%. But like you said, and as I believe also, the man had the right to protect his house.

eris

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »
I went to high school with him, dated him briefly in 10th grade. I havent seen him for a few years, though. Right after we gradated he went to jail for robbing the bank in Bentleyville ... twice. He started selling heroin, then started doing more than he sold. There is a strange rumor ( that im sure is rubbish) that he once breaded a human leg and ate it. He had a 2 year old and a 4 month old, and his mom is awesome. It's a shame.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
I have a BIL that's fucked up with this shit, he's a great person, he has a wonderful heart, and can make you laugh your ass off when you don't even feel like smiling.

You can't let him in the house though without hiding everything first. It's sad.

TheoK

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
I want to get my concealed carry permit sometime soon.  Now that the kids are older I don't worry as much about having guns around though my wife hates them.  As for in the house I have things hidden everywhere, bats, big knives and even a big spiked club next to the bed

I don't know what's wrong with women and (most) European men as well. They all think that guns are bad in themselves.  :-\

In most countries in Europe the tragedy would have been even greater, because here she would have been prosecuted.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 04:58:51 AM »
Guns are illegal here, but strangely enough it's legal to use one when it comes to defending your home.

I should exploit this loophole in the future. :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2012, 05:10:48 AM »
 :agreed: