Educational

Author Topic: Christian got owned by Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry  (Read 572 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Christian got owned by Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry
« on: December 16, 2011, 02:52:06 AM »

Christian morals my ass.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Christian got owned by Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:54 AM »
By the way, anyone noticed

IntelligenceSquared.com

in there? :autism:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »
I like the way these people present their arguments. I do. In the company of such succinct and well spoken people I nod enthusiastically and fater when i speak. Ideas sound but words fail in a race to keep up.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:12 AM »
I like the way these people present their arguments. I do. In the company of such succinct and well spoken people I nod enthusiastically and fater when i speak. Ideas sound but words fail in a race to keep up.

Yea, I wish I had that vocal and verbal talent myself. Would've made life much easier for me.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »

Yea, I wish I had that vocal and verbal talent myself. Would've made life much easier for me.

Ironically I actually do Ok in being persuasive and presnt myself well enough in logical discourse BUT it depends on what type of person I am speaking to.
I am slow and measured in what I say and speak with an Aussie drawl which doesn't help at all.
In a fast flowing debate i keep up mentally and process as it flows but to interupt and think through my answer and then articulate takes time and this is not what a fast flowing debate is like. The ideas will be sound and given time to lay it out will make intelligent and meaningful response but again in a room with people who both follow the debate and fire well informed and thought out answers in clipped articulate responses, I am completely out of contention for worthy input.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 09:08:41 AM »

Ironically I actually do Ok in being persuasive and presnt myself well enough in logical discourse BUT it depends on what type of person I am speaking to.
I am slow and measured in what I say and speak with an Aussie drawl which doesn't help at all.
In a fast flowing debate i keep up mentally and process as it flows but to interupt and think through my answer and then articulate takes time and this is not what a fast flowing debate is like. The ideas will be sound and given time to lay it out will make intelligent and meaningful response but again in a room with people who both follow the debate and fire well informed and thought out answers in clipped articulate responses, I am completely out of contention for worthy input.

It sounds as if you acquit yourself far better than I would, at least you think of answers!
 In confrontational situations I tend to go blank and lose all confidence.  :hide:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
I can debate in real life quite well if it's about a topic I'm obsessed with (despite my slow speech). But when they talk politics and cars and stuff, I tend to stay quiet and try my best to understand every word they;re saying from the first go (which I fail to do so I blank out, too).

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
I loove how both Hitchens and Fry get sick of her stupid assed questions and leave.  8)

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »
Looks like you watched the full video because I don't remember Fry leaving in that clip.

By the way, she sounds funny, doesn't she?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 04:57:59 AM »
This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
Looks like you watched the full video because I don't remember Fry leaving in that clip.

By the way, she sounds funny, doesn't she?

sure does.