Author Topic: She's not so bad  (Read 1946 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
She's not so bad
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
Why I am with pryxs.
 Look for her in the upper left corner...

(from Olive, the Other Reindeer)
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: She's not so bad
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »
 :agreed:

In many ways she reminds me of my daughter.  They are both very bright and have amazing imaginations.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »

In many ways she reminds me of my daughter.  They are both very bright and have amazing imaginations.

Does your daughter communicate by fighting? It is a language few understand; many take it for violence. I learned differently working with deaf people, who sometimes communicate by physical means which we would ordinarily consider to be violent.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Scrapheap

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:09 PM »
OK, when does Rod Serling round the corner smoking a cigarette??   ::)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »

Does your daughter communicate by fighting? It is a language few understand; many take it for violence. I learned differently working with deaf people, who sometimes communicate by physical means which we would ordinarily consider to be violent.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the words "communicate by fighting" but my daughter is physically aggressive at school sometimes and I'm sure that she does communicate something with this behavior, even though sometimes it's difficult to figure out what exactly she is communicating.  She's almost never physically aggressive at home, so that probably communicates something about the stress she feels at school and that home is a safe haven for her.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »
It's too bad someone can't be in there and watch her with attention to language - I bet she is trying to communicate at times.
If we compare verbal to physical violence we may find the same patterns. Pryxs is brilliant, but a linear thinker. There are a number of ways that over stimulation from internal or external sources can cause a violent outburst. Autistic people are so inwardly oriented that when they have such behaviors I always look for the message.

I suspect that you are more fluent in your daughter's language than the folks at school.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
It's too bad someone can't be in there and watch her with attention to language - I bet she is trying to communicate at times.
If we compare verbal to physical violence we may find the same patterns. Pryxs is brilliant, but a linear thinker. There are a number of ways that over stimulation from internal or external sources can cause a violent outburst. Autistic people are so inwardly oriented that when they have such behaviors I always look for the message.

I suspect that you are more fluent in your daughter's language than the folks at school.

I am and I also can understand her words better than most people can because she has some trouble speaking clearly enough so that all people can understand her.  Because of this, I'm with her at school now too.  She's doing a lot better than she was without me there, but she can still be aggressive there at times even with me there with her.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:29:51 PM »

So let me get this straight, if we fail to understand Pyraxis' brilliance, it's because we're stupid??  :jaded:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 07:35:25 PM »
Please keep failing to understand it, Scrap. This thread is pukeworthy.

:puke:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
I am and I also can understand her words better than most people can because she has some trouble speaking clearly enough so that all people can understand her.  Because of this, I'm with her at school now too.  She's doing a lot better than she was without me there, but she can still be aggressive there at times even with me there with her.

You want to go there? Ok, let's go there.

Is she doing better by her definition or by yours?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

It's not like Callaway's judgement is so bad you need to ask such a question.

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
Please keep failing to understand it, Scrap. This thread is pukeworthy.

:puke:
:LMAO: Nice going Wolfie. You fucking embarrassed her.  :thumbup:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 08:25:57 PM »

How sure are you? I am willing to demonstrate with examples. We don't usually go after people's kids on I², but by bringing it up I think she has opened herself to the question. Anybody can be asked to back up their words.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

How sure are you? I am willing to demonstrate with examples. We don't usually go after people's kids on I², but by bringing it up I think she has opened herself to the question. Anybody can be asked to back up their words.

Honestly, I would trust Callaway's judgement over yours in many cases. Your posts in the Mechanima thread still ring bells in my mind.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
What kind of bells?