Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 10514 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Of course you can reply Les. Just dont expect me to pay any more attention to you, than I would to a drunk in the street, shouting at a lamppost.

Naturally I don't expect much from you either and have thus far been not that disappointed. Why would I pay homage to your attention? You are not that special Butterflies. You are one of many members here...that is it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2011, 09:44:15 AM »
Oh good!  This is still going on.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
If you could get straight to the point Les, perhaps your posts could be taken more seriously. If I want an essay, I'd walk into college.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
If you could get straight to the point Les, perhaps your posts could be taken more seriously. If I want an essay, I'd walk into college.

I totally agree. The internet is awash with interesting articles, written by talented writers.

With all those interesting things to read, I'm hardly likely to waste my time reading the inane ramblings of a dyslexic dwarf.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »

I totally agree. The internet is awash with interesting articles, written by talented writers.

With all those interesting things to read, I'm hardly likely to waste my time reading the inane ramblings of a dyslexic dwarf.

Butterflies could choose to not fill her posts ith over-exaggerated misrepresentations, red herrings and denials of choice of behaviour, but she does otherwise. So I guess we are both shit out of luck.
Wondering if you could let me know why you think the opinion of my writing style by either of you two would encourage me to change it? Let me know. Won't consider it but may laugh a bit.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2011, 03:54:54 PM »
Actually Les. All things considered, you don't do too badly.

They are way too long though.

Psychophant

« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »
 :trainwreck:

Psychophant

« Reply #277 on: December 06, 2011, 04:32:03 PM »

Finally, someone making sense.

:santa:  Seriously I went and looked at the site....it's not for me.   The  :poop: here is making me wonder the same thing.   :autism:

You seem to be unhappy on this site because of all the fighting. If you're not able to ignore it, then it's not worth letting yourself get upset about it.

Aspies for Freedom is a decent site, probably with a lot less fighting than this site.
Here's a link to it http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/

You are right in some ways.  AFF is not for me either, tbh, I am not satisfied with any other site that I have seen.  But, this place does have a certain give and take and chances for redemption that is just not available elsewhere.   So I'll stick around here despite the drunken good ol' boys and bitches.  Why?  Because I can make a comment as I see fit, I can man up to my mistakes and I have made some friends here.   And if people don't like me, they can either talk to me or go fuck off.  I have an open mind, but, it only goes so far.  This is the internuts and I take certain parts seriously and the rest........ :yawn:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #278 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »
I knew it was a bad idea to reply to you, Butterflies. No way you could simply accept that what I told you was and still is my opinion and my perceptions, and accept that I only replied because you asked me to.

Re Pandora: I meant apologising to her BEFORE she had said a single word. That's when it was still simply Les trying to explain and you refusing to see. Don't try to shift it to an apology wanted after the drama took place. Although that, too, would have impressed me.

The fact of the matter was that several people, you included, started reposting TCO's past posts while he was still banned at his own request. Check if you want. I can't be arsed.

You said you didn't need me quoting stuff (and I'm paraphrasing from the impression I got from your posts asking me to explain) but then brought the quotes yourself, only to highlight the posts I actually apologised for later on, namely those having to do with teaching you a lesson which I still think was unwarranted but made in the heat of the moment. Look at the dates and times. Nice going.

You are moving the goalposts again, Butterflies. Whether or not you do it consciously I don't know or really care about any more, but you are doing it.

As for you staying or going, your choice. Until you posted in good faith or whatever it was, I noticed that you hadn't really participated here so I assumed that you had left, presumably for this thread's namesake site for the cool young ones.

But don't make that choice about me or how you might not fit into my plans for the site because that's bullshit and just a variant of your previous strawmen re me. Or, for that matter, about how you can't change. You know bloody well how this place works and I don't have any plans other than the automated payments to hostgator. You are accountable for your actions, you need to back them up or face the wrath of the community, etc. That's all.

You stay or you go. Not going to decide it for you, it's something you have to do. But if you stay, also know that the site is unlikely to change.

Oh, and to whomever it concerns: Yes, I'm aware of Butterflies being a lot younger than I am. I assumed she wanted to be treated as an adult because a) this site is for adults only and b) the young adults tend to be pissed off when their elders treat them as lesser beings because of their age. Would you prefer me to give her a pat on the head and hope she'll grow up some day?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #279 on: December 06, 2011, 04:48:12 PM »
BTW, Psychophant, I agree with you. This thread is a fucking train wreck. You should blame me because I was fool enough to reply.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »

:santa:  Seriously I went and looked at the site....it's not for me.   The  :poop: here is making me wonder the same thing.   :autism:

You seem to be unhappy on this site because of all the fighting. If you're not able to ignore it, then it's not worth letting yourself get upset about it.

Aspies for Freedom is a decent site, probably with a lot less fighting than this site.

You are right in some ways.  AFF is not for me either, tbh, I am not satisfied with any other site that I have seen.  But, this place does have a certain give and take and chances for redemption that is just not available elsewhere.   So I'll stick around here despite the drunken good ol' boys and bitches.  Why?  Because I can make a comment as I see fit, I can man up to my mistakes and I have made some friends here.   And if people don't like me, they can either talk to me or go fuck off.  I have an open mind, but, it only goes so far.  This is the internuts and I take certain parts seriously and the rest........ :yawn:

Fair enough. Just, whatever you do, don't let any of the drama from here drag you down.

I gather this site has a tendency to self-combust occasionally, and it looks like we're going through a bad period ATM. I assume the drama will end eventually.

My guess is that it will run until Christmas, at least in some form. A lot of us will probably not be on here much over Christmas and New Year, so that might give things a chance to die.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
I knew it was a bad idea to reply to you, Butterflies. No way you could simply accept that what I told you was and still is my opinion and my perceptions, and accept that I only replied because you asked me to.

Re Pandora: I meant apologising to her BEFORE she had said a single word. That's when it was still simply Les trying to explain and you refusing to see. Don't try to shift it to an apology wanted after the drama took place. Although that, too, would have impressed me.

The fact of the matter was that several people, you included, started reposting TCO's past posts while he was still banned at his own request. Check if you want. I can't be arsed.

You said you didn't need me quoting stuff (and I'm paraphrasing from the impression I got from your posts asking me to explain) but then brought the quotes yourself, only to highlight the posts I actually apologised for later on, namely those having to do with teaching you a lesson which I still think was unwarranted but made in the heat of the moment. Look at the dates and times. Nice going.

You are moving the goalposts again, Butterflies. Whether or not you do it consciously I don't know or really care about any more, but you are doing it.

As for you staying or going, your choice. Until you posted in good faith or whatever it was, I noticed that you hadn't really participated here so I assumed that you had left, presumably for this thread's namesake site for the cool young ones.

But don't make that choice about me or how you might not fit into my plans for the site because that's bullshit and just a variant of your previous strawmen re me. Or, for that matter, about how you can't change. You know bloody well how this place works and I don't have any plans other than the automated payments to hostgator. You are accountable for your actions, you need to back them up or face the wrath of the community, etc. That's all.

You stay or you go. Not going to decide it for you, it's something you have to do. But if you stay, also know that the site is unlikely to change.

Oh, and to whomever it concerns: Yes, I'm aware of Butterflies being a lot younger than I am. I assumed she wanted to be treated as an adult because a) this site is for adults only and b) the young adults tend to be pissed off when their elders treat them as lesser beings because of their age. Would you prefer me to give her a pat on the head and hope she'll grow up some day?

I replied to you perfectly nicely, so I'm not sure what you're going on about.

I explained that I see apologizing as asking for forgiveness. I wouldn't want Pandoras forgiveness, so I have no need to apologize.
That does not mean that what I said wasn't mean.

Yes. He was banned. He was on FB trying to get the whole site banned from WP at the time. The thread you speak of was created to link the people from FB to.

OK. that's fair enough. I was trying to show Parts that this wasn't some silly disagreement. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way.
I don't remember recieving an apology from you though.

Psychophant

« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »
BTW, Psychophant, I agree with you. This thread is a fucking train wreck. You should blame me because I was fool enough to reply.

I see a lot of people here who can't help themselves.  So, whatever, it's your problem NOT mine.  I don't blame anybody...........at least not anybody by name......it's a shared responsibility. 

Psychophant

« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »

Fair enough. Just, whatever you do, don't let any of the drama from here drag you down.

I gather this site has a tendency to self-combust occasionally, and it looks like we're going through a bad period ATM. I assume the drama will end eventually.

My guess is that it will run until Christmas, at least in some form. A lot of us will probably not be on here much over Christmas and New Year, so that might give things a chance to die.

I'm not gonna let anything in cyberspace drag me down!   :laugh:  As I said, if people have a problem with me..TALK TO ME, publicly or privately.......I give respect where it's earned and given. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »
I don't remember recieving an apology from you though.

You didn't read the thread you are posting in?

- Albert Einstein