Author Topic: I feel I have to say this.  (Read 8300 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: I feel I have to say this.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 01:54:47 PM »
Anyway, I do not consider all of you trolls, there are some of you that I actually like, Bodie, PSP, Zippo, QV, and a few others. Those members I do not consider trolls. I will not be posting here much anymore.
Well thank you!

There are a number of things i could think of to do with young men such as yourself - but am going to be good and opt for mothering you and giving you some advice.

There is no poison in the troll making machine.  This is not a maker of trolls.  This site is merely a vessel that gives you a freedom to speak as you want.   Some people use this freedom to explore darker sides to their character.  It can bring out the very worst in people.  This is not the fault of the site. 

It is true that a few probably need a moderated site in order to remain decent to others.  Other people are just naturally kind spirited and are not in need of such moderation.

I have seen much of both here.  Then there is in betweeners.  I have seen people who twist and turn like twisty-spinny-turney-wormey-things.  They will be trying to follow in someone elses footsteps, or will post something just to try and be popular.

For me it is a constant challenge to resist the temptation to be nasty at times.  It is about self restraint.  I try to be honest,  and not have any heroes on here.  Heroes will surely default at some point and cause you to feel let down.  I try to post stuff that is true to me,  and not worry about if it is popular or not but at the same time i try to be nice to others and treat them how i would like to be treated myself.  It is not always easy.

One thing for sure,  if you stick around you will see all these things too and it is a worthy personal challenge to see if you yourself can remain a decent human being.

It reminds me sometimes of a book 'the lord of the flies'.

My advice to you is to stick around.  Try not to focus much on the faults of others.  What PPK said is very true that you are only responsible for your own actions.  This should be all that concerns you. 

There are some very good people here.  There is also support and wisdom.  It just isn't advertised and may require some scratching under the surface.

You will learn much if you stay.
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 01:56:25 PM »
Is the dark side stronger?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
No.  Just more fun.
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
And we have cookies.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
I'm confused.

Is Anon accusing us of corrupting MLA and Calavera?  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
I'm confused.

It certainly seems that some members here were acting as enablers to them.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
I'm confused.

It certainly seems that some members here were acting as enablers to them.

And so what if they were?
'Tis the interwebs , no one cares what goes on at the end of the day , save for sad little nerds who's entire life is internet drama.

Just let it go , what MLA and Calavera do at the end of the day is their decision they aren't little kids.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Anyway, I do not consider all of you trolls, there are some of you that I actually like, Bodie, PSP, Zippo, QV, and a few others. Those members I do not consider trolls. I will not be posting here much anymore.
Well thank you!

There are a number of things i could think of to do with young men such as yourself - but am going to be good and opt for mothering you and giving you some advice.

There is no poison in the troll making machine.  This is not a maker of trolls.  This site is merely a vessel that gives you a freedom to speak as you want.   Some people use this freedom to explore darker sides to their character.  It can bring out the very worst in people.  This is not the fault of the site. 

It is true that a few probably need a moderated site in order to remain decent to others.  Other people are just naturally kind spirited and are not in need of such moderation.

I have seen much of both here.  Then there is in betweeners.  I have seen people who twist and turn like twisty-spinny-turney-wormey-things.  They will be trying to follow in someone elses footsteps, or will post something just to try and be popular.

For me it is a constant challenge to resist the temptation to be nasty at times.  It is about self restraint.  I try to be honest,  and not have any heroes on here.  Heroes will surely default at some point and cause you to feel let down.  I try to post stuff that is true to me,  and not worry about if it is popular or not but at the same time i try to be nice to others and treat them how i would like to be treated myself.  It is not always easy.

One thing for sure,  if you stick around you will see all these things too and it is a worthy personal challenge to see if you yourself can remain a decent human being.

My advice to you is to stick around.  Try not to focus much on the faults of others.  What PPK said is very true that you are only responsible for your own actions.  This should be all that concerns you. 

There are some very good people here.  There is also support and wisdom.  It just isn't advertised and may require some scratching under the surface.

Thank you for your words.

I'm not really sure if I should stay. I have been wrong before, but when people start leaving in large numbers, it usually means the beginning of the end for a BBS.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
hello squiddy,  good to see you.

I think he is mistaken in assuming that if people come here and behave badly it is a fault with the site and not a fault of whoever is in question.
blah blah blah

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »

I think he is mistaken in assuming that if people come here and behave badly it is a fault with the site and not a fault of whoever is in question.

Hiya Bodie.  :)

Yeah I gather that, starting to remind me of the things that have been said to Pentagram.

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »

Oh, it is indeed their fault for doing what they did. I'm just saying it seems they were enabled.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Well thank you!

Thank you for your words.

I'm not really sure if I should stay. I have been wrong before, but when people start leaving in large numbers, it usually means the beginning of the end for a BBS.

Because others are leaving, you should too because if people leave it's the end of the board? Kind of self-fulfilling, don't you think?

People are always leaving. Quite frequently they come back.

Oh, it is indeed their fault for doing what they did. I'm just saying it seems they were enabled.

Enabled by the site or by other members? Who did the enabling and what do you suggest should have been done instead and by whom?

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »
Enabled as opposed to....
...disabled???

as i explained the site isn't the bad ingredient.
blah blah blah

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »
...disabled???

Ssh!

You'll ruin our reputation as the "Trolling nest of evil". :tinfoil:  :orly:

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 02:55:42 PM »

Enabled by the site or by other members? Who did the enabling and what do you suggest should have been done instead and by whom?

Enabled by members that are still holding on to a transgression that happend over 5 years ago.

...disabled???

The site is nothing more than a domain name, a database, and a space within a Hostgator server.