Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14595 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »
Pyraxis, I know I keep rehashing the point but this place is what its members make it. I come here to wind down hang out and have fun. This type of shit is simply not doing it for me. I will do things other than what I am not enjoying.

If you do take off then, I hope you come back and say hi sometimes, and check to see if anything's changed for the better.

Thanks Py
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
Mostly tl:dr, but I do feel that its strange behaviour to claim to be leaving a site because of the drama that has affected your friend, yet return regularly to the site to keep the drama going.
Its never going to die for as long as you keep writing essays on the drama.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
It's not strange to me at all. He is clearly pissed off and no longer having a good time, and making sure everyone knows why. Which I think is a very good thing because it helps us know what kind of crap to avoid in the future. I respect Sir Les and I respect his point of view even if I don't always agree with it. You, on the other hand, still seem to be squirming out of wrongdoing and trying to erase it, which suggests to me that you know you went too far.

Not that I really care what you or anyone does off-site except as a sign of character.

What bugs me about Sir Les is that a big part of his grief is that people here egged on the TCO and Pandora drama. Yet I never really noticed that happening or who was involved with it. He hasn't given much explanation on that count, IMO.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
You, on the other hand, still seem to be squirming out of wrongdoing and trying to erase it, which suggests to me that you know you went too far.

No. Pretty much the opposite in fact. I got involved in an argument with Steve. We both said some bitchy stuff about each others family. Turns out Steves girlfriend is Les' friend.
It was bitchy, and it was wrong. I have never denied that. By the standard of much of what goes on here though, it was pretty tame. I've done far worse here, and I've received far worse. It is a massive over-reation by some people.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2011, 10:56:56 AM »
tbh I agree with butterflies

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
I think I was misunderstanding Butterflies. I didn't know she'd admitted that the stuff with TCO and Pandora was wrong.

I don't know about tame or otherwise without having actually watched it play out. I do know that Les leaving fucking sucks, and points to not tame, and likely highly manipulative. And then there's eris leaving, same with Calavera, same with DD. I don't know if all those are directly related, but there is in fact a trend.

Who was cheering on the "Rancidora" crap?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
I think I was misunderstanding Butterflies. I didn't know she'd admitted that the stuff with TCO and Pandora was wrong.

I don't know about tame or otherwise without having actually watched it play out. I do know that Les leaving fucking sucks, and points to not tame, and likely highly manipulative. And then there's eris leaving, same with Calavera, same with DD. I don't know if all those are directly related, but there is in fact a trend.

Who was cheering on the "Rancidora" crap?

The bit about bringing up Pandora to wind up Steve was wrong. I don't believe the rest of what happened was wrong.

I'm not sure if you are suggesting that I have been manipulative, but if you are you would be wrong. I did not want to get into any argument with Les, and I have certainly never been knowingly manipulative in our argument. I got on well with Les until this all started.
DD hasn't been a regular in years, and I got on well with Squiddy, Eris, Jack, MLA, Calavera, and V.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:14:08 AM by Butterflies »

Binty

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »
tbh I agree with butterflies

Likewise.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 11:51:13 AM »
How does Les leaving indicate that Butterflies was being manipulative? I think that's a pretty big jump to make that assumption

As Butterflies said, DD was only around a little bit and for a short while last time he was here. If he really did leave because of anything Butterflies said and because of the patriotism/gun control threads, then that's kinda sad imo

I know nothing about what happened with eris so won't say anything about that, but what I will say is that I think Butterflies is one of the nicest people on here. She might get into arguments with people and get involved in a lot of the drama/trolling stuff, but she's not manipulative or nasty

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2011, 11:54:32 AM »
How does Les leaving indicate that Butterflies was being manipulative? I think that's a pretty big jump to make that assumption

As Butterflies said, DD was only around a little bit and for a short while last time he was here. If he really did leave because of anything Butterflies said and because of the patriotism/gun control threads, then that's kinda sad imo

I know nothing about what happened with eris so won't say anything about that, but what I will say is that I think Butterflies is one of the nicest people on here. She might get into arguments with people and get involved in a lot of the drama/trolling stuff, but she's not manipulative or nasty

Thanks. I really do appreciate that :hug:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
@Adam: You and I have different definitions of niceness. I don't even consider it a virtue.

I think there were a lot of reasons that DD left and Butterflies was only one of them. The reason I'm thinking about manipulation is because it seems similar to Les leaving. Not sad, just a thing of alienation. Some people do get on, some people don't, whatever. But I like the older guys and I'm trying to understand what it is about the younger cliques that makes them finally intolerable to be around. DD had a stick up his ass about the USA and Butterflies is British, so maybe a political thing? And Les is Australian and that's a whole other dynamic. What happened to multiculturalism and live-and-let-live?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2011, 12:03:51 PM »
Who do you think the "younger cliques" are on here?

The way I see it, if someone finds it intolerable on heere then that's their problem. You can't blame other people for someone else making the decision to leave. Unless it's something really serious like RL threats

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:54 PM »
Point.

And, I don't know. You/Squiddy/Butterflies? It's not something I've tried to keep track of before.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »
Maybe the old fogies need to just step aside and accept that it's time for the younger, better looking generation to take control :zoinks:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
@Adam: You and I have different definitions of niceness. I don't even consider it a virtue.

I think there were a lot of reasons that DD left and Butterflies was only one of them. The reason I'm thinking about manipulation is because it seems similar to Les leaving. Not sad, just a thing of alienation. Some people do get on, some people don't, whatever. But I like the older guys and I'm trying to understand what it is about the younger cliques that makes them finally intolerable to be around. DD had a stick up his ass about the USA and Butterflies is British, so maybe a political thing? And Les is Australian and that's a whole other dynamic. What happened to multiculturalism and live-and-let-live?

You have really got the wrong end of the stick here. Me and Les got along great until Les called me out for saying something about his friend, who I had no idea he was friends with.
Les has never been excluded, and was very popular on the site.

You really seem interested in what has happened, but you don't appear to know much.
Why don't you just ask. It's pretty hard for anyone to tell you lies when all the evidence is so easy to find.

And to your next post. Squiddy was one of Les' best mates here. It was never Les v me Adam, and Squiddy.