Educational

Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 32165 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #900 on: May 26, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »
Better than I have in a long while. I think the trip to the dr was a good thing.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #901 on: May 29, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
So-so, had a fair bit of trouble getting to sleep. Lots of stuff aching, ended up taking some weak painkiller (dihydrocodeine and some paracetamol) and a sleeping pill, didn't have all that much time to sleep either since most of the night was spent tinkering.

Glad I had that one last sleeping pill left though, got a refill today, I only use them a few days a week at most, not something to get a dependency on, since the withdrawals are, unlike for example, opioid withdrawals, potentially fatal if severe, and by all accounts I've ever read, people who have experienced both, say they would take cold turkey hardcore heroin W/D over the same with benzos any day many times over. But at times, they really are a blessing when I'm restless and just can't get to sleep, or end up at best drifting into a half-awake really shallow sleep that is more annoying than it is restorative.

Last night was going to be one of those nights, but thankfully a few hundred mg dihydrocodeine, a little paracetamol and 5mg nitrazepam (which by all accounts is probably one of the better benzos out there for knocking someone senseless, its the non-fluorinated version of flunitrazepam, aka roofies/rohypnol, lasts a good long time and packs quite the punch. I'm  not all that easy to knock out with most sedatives, but nitrazepam is one of the few benzos I've tried, aside from loprazolam, nifoxipam and flubromazolam that actually will put me out for the count reasonably reliably, and with the anti-seizure med I take, chlormethiazole also being a really heavyweight sedative-hypnotic (actually its licensed use here, that and treating alcoholism withdrawal in in-patient settings, not indicated as an anticonvulsant in the UK, but for whatever reason, its the one I got on, and I like it, works well, works extremely quickly to stop a seizure if its starting and I can get some down my neck before I'm incapacitated and best of all, I've taken it for a few years now without any physical dependency (tested by stopping it for a time, or not being able to find it, without any withdrawal) which I'd never have been able to had I been on valium or its like for the same purpose. One GP I saw did question it, although not the one who scripted it me in the first place, but I just told them the above, and made the point 'why try to fix what isn't broken in the first place' and made it clear that I wasn't prepared to fuck about getting on something that almost certainly would produce nasty ass withdrawals rather than remaining stable and effective for as long as this has. Shut the bugger up quickly enough, even for the argumentative, pretty obnoxious old bitch that particular doctor is (seriously, she has the compassion and bedside manner of adolf hitler, only less warm and fuzzy.) but even she couldn't really fault the logic there.

Only got to sleep early in the morning though,  spent most of the night attending a catalytic hydrogenation instead.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #902 on: May 30, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
  Still awake at 3:44 a.m., but the leg aches have stopped for the night.  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #903 on: May 30, 2017, 05:01:28 AM »
Another late, late, late night. But because I had voluntarily stayed up awake in order to tye up some loose ends and start some new threads in the intriguing web that has become of the new hydrogenation catalytic system I've been playing with. Its looking pretty promising, both for what I'm currently testing, and for plenty other stuff I would love to test besides. Oxime reduction next methinks, maybe reductive cyclizations for nitrogen heterocycle synthesis, synthesis of aniline is another that I'd like to give a try, reduction of nitrobenzene ought to furnish aniline, and given its close similarity in some respects to pyridine, its something I'd find very useful, for things like trapping hydrogen halides during alkylations and acylations with alkyl and acyl halides repectively, formation of ethers and such, as such procedures require the presence of a base to proceed properly, which gets protonated by the hydrogen halide which comes off as  the leaving group in such reactions. I've used things like potassium carbonate in some instances, but an amine base like aniline, pyridine, or para-DMAP would be much better, far more soluble in organic solvents and far more available for serving as an acid-sucker to form anilinium/pyridinium salts and the like. Did end up curling up on a comfy leather couch and having a nice satisfying nap.

And was just half asleep until now when the mail came with some long anticipated goodies for me, that jerked me right out of sleep alright.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #904 on: May 30, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
Slept okay
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #905 on: May 30, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »
Not well. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #906 on: May 31, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
I had a stomping headache yesterday afternoon while coming home from college on the train and bus. But I forgot to bring pain meds with me. So as soon as I got home I took some and went to bed. Slept all night with a few trips to the toilet. Slept well and now have woken up hungry.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #907 on: June 01, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »
Sleeping well now that my meds are working.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #908 on: June 02, 2017, 03:13:45 AM »
I think I encountered a spirit. I saw a few sparks and one squiggling down. Not the same as a visual migraine. I also felt something cool on the side of my face and my hand. I think it was purposely trying to be subtle, but I asked it to stop the visual stuff cos it scared me.

Meaning I slept OK, not great. Spiritual stuff when it happens, does it in the evenings. I wish it would do it during the day instead.

Might you be experiencing something like this?  :orly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #909 on: June 02, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
Not bad. Bizarre dreams though.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #910 on: June 03, 2017, 03:56:20 AM »
I had what seemed to be a very long dream.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #911 on: June 03, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
Got about 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours in.  :yawn:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #912 on: June 04, 2017, 07:56:36 AM »
Not well. I officially hate hot flashes.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #913 on: June 09, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
Pretty good
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #914 on: June 10, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »
Not well at all and yet I was wide awake at 5am and ready to start the day without feelin groggy.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad