Educational

Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 41498 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #2355 on: Yesterday at 04:28:58 PM »
Cash in all my crushed cans - hopefully I'll make $100.

Go to picture framing place, get my broken Japanese picture fixed (it got broken when we moved years ago) and my Ahsoka holding a Loth cat picture framed. I don't know where I'll put that picture but it's so cute!

How does that work there?  Where I am we pay a ten cent deposit on most beverage containers then bring them back to the stores to get it back but they will not give it to you if the cans are crushed or labels are missing. We try not to let them get beyond a bags or two due to the space they take up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #2356 on: Yesterday at 10:26:38 PM »
There's a specific recycling place I take my crushed cans. I have a can crusher on my pantry door and I put the cans in the boxes they originally came in before I drank them. When the boxes are full I store them underneath my computer desk, there's plenty of room there because it's a corner desk.

When I fill up the space with boxes of crushed cans, I put them in the boot of my car and make the trip to the recycling place about 10 minutes away. At first I thought they didn't take crushed cans but someone at work told me they did. So I go there and two or three people there count my cans. The place always smells strongly of beer. Each can is worth 10 cents and I take a lot of cans there so usually I make over $70.

I also take a large white bag (the recycling centre sold me 3 bags for $5) of plastic bottles and one bag of glass bottles. They take up a bit of room.

I always get the money in cash and sometimes that's handy.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae