Author Topic: Moving house  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Moving house
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 05:50:07 AM »
In the past 20 years I've lived in 5 different countries for at least a year. 4 of those were for 2 years or more.

Long-range international moves are probably the easiest. It's impractical and stupidly expensive to bring in more than a suitcase full of stuff anyway, so you tend to just buy what you need and sell it (or give it away) when you move on.

I hope to retire in Thailand when I am a little older.

I dread breaks in routine even if, once I am there, it is better.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »
Once I moved 8 times in a year, juggled among family members who didn't want me. Eventually I moved again and lived alone.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 06:02:31 AM »
Once I moved 8 times in a year, juggled among family members who didn't want me. Eventually I moved again and lived alone.

I would be this guy:

https://media.giphy.com/media/czxHxhyGBb4Kk/giphy.gif
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:12:44 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 06:11:12 AM »
I watched that gif too much, heh.

Yeah living alone or with people that actually want you around is the best, imo.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae