Educational

Author Topic: Does intuition favor God's existence?  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Does intuition favor God's existence?
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2014, 04:51:35 PM »
Why are you talking to yourself? :tard:
Awiddershinlife didn't respond to my post.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:25 PM »

Because you already know her answer, and she knows yours.  :hahaha:
:gopher:

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »

Because you already know her answer, and she knows yours.  :hahaha:

I think all of you know shit, esp about me. What post was neglected?
I love everyone yet like no one    WTF

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2014, 07:35:09 PM »
This one.

I take it that King James is your go to edition?
Why is that?
your attraction to the "special language". Maybe you should tell me more about what you mean?
First tell me why you assumed I prefer the king james version. You'll like my answer about the language; it's interesting.

The bible has many voices. Shakespeare has complexity of characters. It sounds like you might enjoy the bible and I Shakespeare. Maybe it will turn out that we are actually on different ends of the same island and we could trade every so often
Is that you waving?

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2014, 07:50:04 PM »
This one.

I take it that King James is your go to edition?
Why is that?
your attraction to the "special language". Maybe you should tell me more about what you mean?
First tell me why you assumed I prefer the king james version. You'll like my answer about the language; it's interesting.

I did answer that...your attraction to the "special language" from a previous post. So what's the answer I'll like?

The bible has many voices. Shakespeare has complexity of characters. It sounds like you might enjoy the bible and I Shakespeare. Maybe it will turn out that we are actually on different ends of the same island and we could trade every so often
Is that you waving?

:flyingbat: its me!

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »
Ah, misunderstood. Now then thinking you might understand the answer. There's something unique about the language of both, something which makes the two very much alike, but still completely different than anything else. Don't really know what that is; a certain something I don't know what. That's why they have the same voice. Have before said, if not knowing for certain which was written first, would wonder who copied whose writing style. Both also share a quality which allows the reader to pluck a single sentence or phrase completely out of context, and it have so much meaning on its own, applicable to so many different moments and circumstance. Can't imagine there's much in life which both Shakespeare and the Bible aren't applicable.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »
Oh, plus really like all the proper Thy's and Thou's and eth's and ye's; it's rather amusing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »
You should read it in the Finnish translation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »
Why should I do that?

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »
Ah, misunderstood. Now then thinking you might understand the answer. There's something unique about the language of both, something which makes the two very much alike, but still completely different than anything else. Don't really know what that is; a certain something I don't know what. That's why they have the same voice. Have before said, if not knowing for certain which was written first, would wonder who copied whose writing style.

I will try to find the research that showed bible thumping christians passages from the bible and from shakespeare for them to choose the ones from the bible. It was hard, many mistakes.

Both also share a quality which allows the reader to pluck a single sentence or phrase completely out of context, and it have so much meaning on its own, applicable to so many different moments and circumstance. Can't imagine there's much in life which both Shakespeare and the Bible aren't applicable.

That some idiot trying to prove something can take a quote out of context to prove s/he's right is a problem for those who take such things seriously. Luckily someone else can pull another scripture out of context from the Bible to refute the first. But I am not sure how this makes it applicable...

But the language of both (if using a translation like the King James rather than something like the New Life Version) are lofty enough to give it a feel of authority and beauty.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »
Ah, misunderstood. Now then thinking you might understand the answer. There's something unique about the language of both, something which makes the two very much alike, but still completely different than anything else. Don't really know what that is; a certain something I don't know what. That's why they have the same voice. Have before said, if not knowing for certain which was written first, would wonder who copied whose writing style.

I will try to find the research that showed bible thumping christians passages from the bible and from shakespeare for them to choose the ones from the bible. It was hard, many mistakes.

Both also share a quality which allows the reader to pluck a single sentence or phrase completely out of context, and it have so much meaning on its own, applicable to so many different moments and circumstance. Can't imagine there's much in life which both Shakespeare and the Bible aren't applicable.

That some idiot trying to prove something can take a quote out of context to prove s/he's right is a problem for those who take such things seriously. Luckily someone else can pull another scripture out of context from the Bible to refute the first. But I am not sure how this makes it applicable...

But the language of both (if using a translation like the King James rather than something like the New Life Version) are lofty enough to give it a feel of authority and beauty.

Maybe have been misunderstood. Was talking of personal experience, not research of others, and didn't mean to imply they're indiscernible. Not certain how anyone could prove anything at all with either, or completely sure what this response means. Not going to be borrowing the bible, then?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »
Can't imagine there's much in life which both Shakespeare and the Bible aren't applicable.

What does the shakespearian bible say about pooping, Jack?  :zoinks:

Hannah

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2014, 09:53:54 PM »
As a dog returns to his poo so too a fool to his folly...(is what I think that proverb really means) it says vomit but dogs eat their poo not their vomit that I've seen  :apondering:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:41 PM »
 :lol1:   :plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2014, 11:46:23 PM »
Why should I do that?

For the fun of it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein