Author Topic: CBC & QV  (Read 2450 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: CBC & QV
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2016, 03:11:58 AM »
I've sent to the thrift store 30 boxes/bags of stuff since I got to Montreal. Not sure how much stuff I threw away. I got rid of all the food I was hoarding - some of it was expiration 2011. Still working on the spicesThe goal is to fit into our small house. I've a way to go since I also have a storage box and stuff at my mother's summer home. We have a place called Value Village that's run by the same people who run Saver's in MA, where I used to shop. I completed my set of Tramontina pots there.

At any rate here they were having a promotion where if you got ten stamps on a card you got a 30% discount. I had four cards, one was full and the others were between five and seven stamps full and there were times we didn't get the stamps because we were in a hurry. I pile things in boxes and when we have a carload we go. It's rare for something to come out of a box and stay in the house. The next load has an old TV/monitor, an air purifier, a fan, some kitchen stuff, clothes.

It helped to lose 60 pounds when I got here - I did save some of the big clothes but only a couple of days worth in case I get sick again. No clue how much of anything I have but it all fits in my closet except for my hawaiian shirt collection which is in boxes and which is a collection not a hoard. I only collect ones made in Hawaii, and I wear them all in the summer.

At some point I am hoping to get rid of some of my computers. I have 3 netbooks (1 works), three notebooks (all in varying conditions of working) and two desktops. Not really hoarding the netbooks, just don't know how to get rid of them. One is junk but the other two are semi-functional. One I will keep as a backup XP machine. The notebooks - one I use daily, the other overheats but is a drawing tablet, and the third is an XP machine that I will be using shortly to work with some Mp3 players I am hoarding. The computers - one is a generic thing that I got when the overheating notebook died a horrible death (since resurrected) and i had papers to grade. It doesn't have the memory I needed to play minecraft so I got another one, but that one has windows 10 which I hate so currently both are hooked up to my monitor and I am using the W10 machine primarily for gaming.

This has been a CBC entertainment post
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2016, 02:50:46 PM »
  I used to sort of collect certain things.  I don't anymore.  I don't shop recreationally,
  I don't have any hobbies requiring large amounts of stuff, I don't collect, I don't decorate.
  I think I'm not a really bad hoarder, I just needed "permission" to get rid of things passively acquired.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »
  I used to sort of collect certain things.  I don't anymore.  I don't shop recreationally,
  I don't have any hobbies requiring large amounts of stuff, I don't collect, I don't decorate.
  I think I'm not a really bad hoarder, I just needed "permission" to get rid of things passively acquired.  :orly:

I do not know how to respond to that.

:zoinks:

Actually, I collect musical instruments (I have many) and professional sound gear (I have half a garage full), but I am not sure that I have ever acquired anything passively. I am generally "on the hunt,"  so to speak.
The other half of my garage is full of woodworking, gardening and mechanical tools along with a few bicycles that I ride upon occasion. My garage is useless as a garage; it is a work place and a storage place, since much of what I do for my own entertainment happens outside the garage.

... BUT, the real question: "permission?"  I do not understand to what this makes reference. You had to have "permission  ..." to get rid of things?

Please, make sense of this for me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2016, 04:10:35 PM »

I do not know how to respond to that.

:zoinks:

Actually, I collect musical instruments (I have many) and professional sound gear (I have half a garage full), but I am not sure that I have ever acquired anything passively. I am generally "on the hunt,"  so to speak.
The other half of my garage is full of woodworking, gardening and mechanical tools along with a few bicycles that I ride upon occasion. My garage is useless as a garage; it is a work place and a storage place, since much of what I do for my own entertainment happens outside the garage.

... BUT, the real question: "permission?"  I do not understand to what this makes reference. You had to have "permission  ..." to get rid of things?

Please, make sense of this for me.

I'm talking about the guilt I've felt for years about the idea of discarding birthday cards, letters, gifts,
  also the worry about discarding paper of a financial nature (pay stubs, old tax forms, old records, etc.).
  My family tends to keep such things forever.  I didn't realize it was OK to throw away cards from
  friends and family after awhile.  I thought I'd have to keep all that stuff.  Now that I'm digitally hoarding
  cards and letters via camera, and shredding personal financial paperwork once I no longer need it, I feel
  free to throw things away.  By "permission" I guess I meant "the belief that it's morally acceptable."  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
You are allowed to delete most of those digitally saved messages too.

Only keep the really special ones. The ones that will have you looking at them now and then, just because they are so good. Make it a digital treasure chest.

All the others can go. They will only make it hard to find the ones worth saving.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »

Only keep the really special ones. The ones that will have you looking at them now and then, just because they are so good. Make it a digital treasure chest.

All the others can go. They will only make it hard to find the ones worth saving.

I'm already thinking ahead to how I want my digital hoards and online contacts handled after I die.
  I'll have no children to inherit the stuff, and so unless I have a sibling still alive, I'll have to appoint an
  executor to ... I dunno.  Delete my memory cards?  E-mail the sites I post on, to tell them of my demise?  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2016, 09:53:02 AM »

I'm already thinking ahead to how I want my digital hoards and online contacts handled after I die.
  I'll have no children to inherit the stuff, and so unless I have a sibling still alive, I'll have to appoint an
  executor to ... I dunno.  Delete my memory cards?  E-mail the sites I post on, to tell them of my demise?  :apondering:

You'd better live forever.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »
My goal today is filling the trash-bin to the max. So that I have a good reason to roll it to the street later tonight.

Going strong. Making space in the attic. And stumbling on stuff that makes me smile and laugh. Keeping those, of course.

Spring cleaning spree.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2016, 02:35:21 PM »
Yes, I did fill it to the brim. Played a bit false by using stuff from my shed too. But it is packed and already standing at the roadside. No chance of me forgetting it tomorrow. Then I would have been stuck with a full bin for two weeks.

:hahaha:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2016, 03:29:59 PM »
So, what more did I toss today?

Cardboard box filled with waste paper is ready to go away the moment it is paper collection day. Two big bin liners with clothes have been brought to the textile containers. Big shopping bag of glassware to the glass container. Still made a bit of noise throwing it away, but not the rewarding sound it used to be.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2016, 08:07:40 PM »
There's one thing we won't be tossing out: 

OUR FRIENDSHIP. 

HAPPY MUTUAL JOINING DAY, LADY WEEBLE.

:celebrate:    :party:    :best:    :pizza:    :wine:    :dance:    :kumbaya:    :thanks:    Feminists :fun dance:  :qv: :situp:    :laundry:    :cheer:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
:woohoo:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2016, 07:46:08 AM »

OUR FRIENDSHIP. 

:celebrate:    :party:    :best:    :pizza:    :wine:    :dance:    :kumbaya:    :thanks:    Feminists :fun dance:  :qv: :situp:    :laundry:    :cheer:

Six years together on Intensity :cbc:      and still going strong!

Together, we shall be ever amused!  Here's to the next six years!  :hug:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2016, 01:00:42 PM »

OUR FRIENDSHIP. 

Six years together on Intensity :cbc:      and still going strong!

Together, we shall be ever amused!  Here's to the next six years!  :hug:

Six years?  TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: