Educational

Author Topic: I have become hardcore  (Read 1843 times)

P7PSP

Re: I have become hardcore
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
If mankind could get over it's need to worship sociopathic leaders, perhaps we could all live in an Anarcho-Syndicalist Utopia (well, the closest thing that there humanly can be to utopia).
There you go. If people would only stop being people. People will not stop being people and jettison hardwired traits that have contributed to survival and dominating the planet to suit someone's utopian ideal. You acknowledge this here.
The problem is human nature itsself.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
Don't worry. When robots rule us, all of our problems will be gone. :orly:

eris

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Robots are not a joke. They are very, very serious business.

*serious face*

Scrapheap

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 08:55:07 PM »
There you go. If people would only stop being people. People will not stop being people and jettison hardwired traits that have contributed to survival and dominating the planet to suit someone's utopian ideal.

Not exactly. Hunan nature, just like the human animal, isn't a fixed thing in evolution, both are mutable. The traits which caused us to dominate the planet aren't neccessarily the traits that would allow us to maintain that position without destroying ourselves.

The trait to commit genocide, for example, may have caused early tribes to dominate less agressive tribes and therefore pass on their genes, but in an age of WMD's, this trait could possibly extinct our species. Think about Iran and the Mullahs who want to bring about the return of the 12th Imam by detonating a nuclear weapon against the west. That was a trait, that 100 years ago, would cause them to dominate the regional gene pool. Today, it is just mass slaughter, on both sides.

To make a long story short, I believe that the only society that can exist far into the future, without destroying itself, is one based on a hatred of centralized authority and power, and also one that recognizes tyrants for what they are, and kills them, instead of worshiping them and giving them power.

I realize I haven't fully connected all the dots and made the case, but i don't feel like writing a novel to defend my position, chalk it up to lazyness.  :laugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 10:23:44 PM »
Darn, what's wrong with this thread?  There's no boobs yet. :'(
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »
Darn, what's wrong with this thread?  There's no boobs yet. :'(

:bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs: :bounce: :boobs:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »
Admiral Lady Squid to the rescue with a chorus line of mermaids.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 11:41:07 AM »
Fuck Hunan Nature.

I prefer Hunan Chicken

P7PSP

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
That looks good.  :thumbup: