Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6399 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
There is a hell of a lot more specifics than just a vague feeling in this statement from her:

your whole attitude to life is cruelly misguided and bound to do someone who doesn't deserve it some serious damage some day

I'm not asking for logic, I'm asking for why, what attitude, and I think I am entitled to it. A post, something I said, etc, that strengthens her argument. She plays the victim but she was the one insulting me, not the other way around.

The "victim" also lies. She says she gave me an actual answer in a PM:

He did not like my answer, as he is entitled to do, he responded by trying to find a way to force me to change my answer, which is about the way I feel, which he is not entitled to do, and, in so doing, not only confirmed my reasons for ignoring him,  opened a whole can of worms about other things I do not feel comfortable with here that I would have preferred not to have mentioned.

She told me about her state of mind but no specifics on what I were supposed to have done, me and my "friends" (not specified, either).

I replied, addressing her PM, and she replied with this:

Not interested in reading a word of that.

In other words, either she read it and lied to me, or she didn't and she lied to you all, above. Why she did that is anyone's interpretation but I suspect she did it to play the victim, in both cases.

She is not all that unlike EquiiSavant or Meadow, methinks.

She says how she is leaving and how she doesn't have the gang mentality or inclination to participate on any board, but she is not above snide comments such as this:

After this account has actually been deleted you have my permission to post whatever you like...but that would spoil you fun wouldn't it? Because all you really want is to try and find a way to use your friends to hurt and abuse me as much as possible, where I can see, because whether you like it or not, that is who you really are. But don't let it worry you, haven't you plenty of people around you to tell you how great you are for it?

Or how about this one?

(Just a friendly hint, basing the assumption that people "like you really" on their monitoring of your maligning and baiting of them is not usually a very accurate guide.)

Nothing friendly about it, is there, not when you put it in context. All this while said "victim" has loudly left the board, time and again.

I don't mind people for not liking me and saying so. It's not callout-worthy, it's an opinion, and it's fine. But it's also quite different from simply insulting me without any good cause, accusing me of attitudes and actions I don't recognise (and that some regulars claim not to recognise either) and implying that if I were smart enough or had the necessary experience, I would be bound to realise that she was right.

That is callout-worthy, especially here.   
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »

Perhaps...

But it is not response-worthy - to me - and I am rather afraid you are stuck with that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »

Perhaps...

But it is not response-worthy - to me - and I am rather afraid you are stuck with that.

Passive-aggressive much? Here you are, reading and replying. Didn't you say you weren't interested in callouts?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »
I assume you realise by now that every time you reply with more passive-aggressive drivel instead of addressing my points, you lose. Not the callout, because I believe you lost that one already, but the remains of your credibility.

Don't you think that it would be better for your health to leave without a further word?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
I do not see Odeon in the way you see him nor as having questionable values in his interactions here but you do. I can no more show you what I see in him than show him what I see in you.

Exactly, and I can only react to what I see, in terms of who I am and my values, and nobody has the right to question that in anyone.

I see value in this place that you don't and i would not seek to "prove that either".

Perhaps the truth is that there can be value in most places for some people and not, or the opposite, for others...and if that is the truth they are all telling, neither is wrong. You could say the same about football.

Part of this place that is central is backing your claim and you don't wish to.

Now that is where you are going a bit wrong, because I did not make any claim, I just answered a question that was asked twice honestly. The trouble with asking questions is that once you ask them you don't have much choice but accept that the answer you get, rather than the answer you want *IS* the actual answer.

The only thing that backs a feeling is the feeling itself, and if nearly two years of scripted ignoring does not show some form of abhorrence I am all out of ideas for what else might.

You don't wish to be here either. So it is not like it bears a necessity, I guess, to renounce your feelings or personal preferences or defend it.

I don't think anyone can renounce their feelings or preferences, they can only pretend, which is why it's ridiculous to ask them to defend them at all

It would answer in the minds a few big "whys" but that too you have said is noot a driving force for you. 
I think basically Odeon feels that not giving a constructive logical account of what you feel that it comes across as vague and insincere. It is of course a logical possibility but it just is not in line with what I know of you.

I have very sincerely found him abhorrent for at least 18 months, probably two years...that doesn't look vague to me, and if it was insincere why would I ignore him for so long without even bothering to say why?

I know that is not something that can be repaired or reversed...and don't forget, he can't stand me either...so it's not like anyone's heart is getting a broken heart now, is it? 

I don't think it is wrong for him to ask or contest things. I see value in him asking but I think it is just not going to happen here and perhaps would not even take legs were it attempted.

I don't think it is wrong of him to ask, I think it's a pretty obvious thing for him to do. The way he is going about it is just what I would have expected of him, which is also a pretty obvious thing to happen.

But there is nowhere constructive or useful to go with this.

The bottom line is this:

Odeon thinks hurting people for kicks is ok, even constructive in some way I have no wish to understand.
I feel hurting people for kicks goes a long way past loathesome whatever excuse is used.

...and everything else here is just windowdressing...

So best I go on my way without being a spoilsport about the next time Odeon thinks it would be fun to rip pieces off someone when he thinks they are vulnerable, and everyone can tell him how wonderful and exceptional that makes him...

HAPPY ENDING FOR ALL.

What is so wrong with that?

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »
I assume you realise by now that every time you reply with more passive-aggressive drivel instead of addressing my points, you lose. Not the callout, because I believe you lost that one already, but the remains of your credibility.

Has it ever crossed your mind that considering the ethos here I might not actually want, or even care to have any credibility here? 

Don't you think that it would be better for your health to leave without a further word?

What are you threatening me with?

Physical violence?

Do you know how to find me?

Can you afford the time and the money to get here?

Would you like to wait at the main road until I can get there and you can follow me down - usually better than driving round in circles?

::)

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »
wat

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 12:16:38 PM »
Another gem from the "victim" who first says that she's claimed nothing, simply answered a question, and then says this:

Odeon thinks hurting people for kicks is ok, even constructive in some way I have no wish to understand.
I feel hurting people for kicks goes a long way past loathesome whatever excuse is used.

I'm sure she'd deny this if she was still here. :P

Oh, but she is:

Has it ever crossed your mind that considering the ethos here I might not actually want, or even care to have any credibility here? 

What are you threatening me with?

Physical violence?

Do you know how to find me?

Can you afford the time and the money to get here?

Would you like to wait at the main road until I can get there and you can follow me down - usually better than driving round in circles?

::)

I think it is you who mentioned that this place is not good for your health. But it suits your role as a victim to interpret my comment as a threat of violence, just as it suits you better to lie about me in other contexts.

Well done.

As for your credibility, has it crossed your mind that quite a few of the people who post here also post elsewhere? Silly woman, did you honestly think I implied that you had any left here?

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 12:18:37 PM »

Perhaps...

I believe you have responded at least 11 times so far.  Not well, but certainly responded (reacted).

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »
Another gem from the "victim" who first says that she's claimed nothing, simply answered a question, and then says this:

I'm sure she'd deny this if she was still here. :P

Oh, but she is:

But you do think hurting people for kicks is ok, so why not stop acting as though you are ashamed of it, just take responsibility for it, *OWN* it with pride you truly feel in it.

Then we can agree to differ...and you can delete my account and stop dedicating so much of your valuable time to baiting me.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »
Ah, another passive-aggressive attack. Not for a moment did I think you would leave.

Here's an old comment by you:

Well if this situation with Aspire continues you are all welcome to watch me back up my words with actions, when the time comes, as I always do.

I take it you've abandoned that principle since?

Speaking of age and experience, here's another quote from that same post:

I'm 52 and in all those years I'll bet you I have "had the bottle for" things you don't have the bottle to have nightmares about, but I do not regard standing around so people can bully you as "bottle" it's just self-harming stupidity.

Yet, here you are.

And here's another, about me unlocking that thread (the one you briefly reopened to snipe at us):

If Odeon had respected my locking of the thread, instead of reopening it, to snipe. It would probably all be over.

It wouldn't have been over because the discussion continued in a thread you couldn't lock and then, just as now, you didn't leave.

I think you like this whole victim thing. I think it gives you a feeling of entitlement and righteousness.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
Not for a moment did I think you would leave.

But only because you have been denying the truth to yourself that I already left, in every real sense, a long time ago...

Is that an important factor in convincing yourself that the "everybody" agrees with your view that it is perfectly ok to amuse yourself by hurting people when you can see that they are vulnerable?

Do you take it as far as convincing yourself that they are volunteers who really want you to hurt them, and even love you for it?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »
Not for a moment did I think you would leave.

But only because you have been denying the truth to yourself that I already left, in every real sense, a long time ago...

Is that an important factor in convincing yourself that the "everybody" agrees with your view that it is perfectly ok to amuse yourself by hurting people when you can see that they are vulnerable?

Do you take it as far as convincing yourself that they are volunteers who really want you to hurt them, and even love you for it?

Are you still here?  :yawn:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
Mechanima please do not take this as attacking you or etc.

Why do you continue posting if you wish to leave and why do you keep responding to Odeon's baiting?
If someone is baiting , why give them what they want I.e a response?

I'm curious about all of this , I have no view of what went on between you and odeon and what is currently going on.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »
Unless you are trolling, there is little point staying here. If you don't like us, then that's fine by me. However, perhaps it's best to leave rather than bitch and moan about how we're all cunts.