Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 2618 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 10:08:43 PM »

... I may be inclined to change my moniker yet!  It would be a phase of growth! 

Exactly - a phase of growth.
Be mindful, though, that you could be among the denomination of people who do not rebound predictably or positively when subjected to exposure therapy. The possibility exists that you could retrogress, by dizzying yourself with enormous or exorbitant changes, too abruptly. Some find change for change sake or even change because of accumulating boredom, particularly taxing, aggravating or possibly burdensome. Take heed and step vigilantly as you advance.

Do I sound like a sage and meticulous resource, now?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 10:23:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 04:01:54 AM »
It's not about growth. It's about confusion. So there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

driftingblizzard

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 06:26:29 AM »
I find change and growth confusing.  And painful.  You should see my childhood.  I'm forced to look at it almost daily.  And its not pretty.

DirtDawg sums up a normal day at school for me: "....you could retrogress, by dizzying yourself with enormous or exorbitant changes, too abruptly....".  And then I'd go to lunch.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 08:54:46 AM »
That response was typed with my jaw jutting straight out, an aged, scholarly grimace on my face, the pretense of searching mentally through an occassional "Hhrrumph" and "uhhhummm" for just the right choice of wording, all the while, pacing slowly and pausing for increased dramatic emphasis on the high points. I'm not any of that stuff, except the aged part, so it was a failed attempt at humor.
Growing in spite of the confusion of change was meant to be a kind of joke, but like a smashed thumb, it's not always funny.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 10:07:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »

... I may be inclined to change my moniker yet!  It would be a phase of growth! 

Exactly - a phase of growth.
Be mindful, though, that you could be among the denomination of people who do not rebound predictably or positively when subjected to exposure therapy. The possibility exists that you could retrogress, by dizzying yourself with enormous or exorbitant changes, too abruptly. Some find change for change sake or even change because of accumulating boredom, particularly taxing, aggravating or possibly burdensome. Take heed and step vigilantly as you advance.

Do I sound like a sage and meticulous resource, now?

[/quote]
 That response was typed with my jaw jutting straight out, an aged, scholarly grimace on my face, the pretense of searching mentally through an occassional "Hhrrumph" and "uhhhummm" for just the right choice of wording, all the while, pacing slowly and pausing for increased dramatic emphasis on the high points. I'm not any of that stuff, except the aged part, so it was a failed attempt at humor.
Growing in spite of the confusion of change was meant to be a kind of joke, but like a smashed thumb, it's not always funny.

[/quote]
The responses, both of them were EXTREMELY funny, I LIVE for this kinda stuff.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »
quick dawg, we need more.  drifting blizzard is holding his breath.
Misunderstood.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2007, 01:56:30 PM »
I think I'm experiencing man-love?! :o

thepeaguy

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
Judging by your shitty blog, you seem to be of English origin.

Who else would waste their time slating British papers in order to be funny when, in actuality, they're not?

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure who your insult is aimed at, and I'd hate to miss out on being offended. 

Oh, that's just Peaguy (peegai)..... He's a bit of a troll, but a humorous one, so we keep him around for entertainment value.
You could ignore ignore him, since he's not even talking to you.
Alternatively, you could pick and choose which parts of the insult you would be offended at and claim them as yours. Then, procede to rip the skin off his back for a rug and shred his ass to make shoe laces, take the bone out of his head and shrink it into the cutest little salt shaker you ever saw, use hs feet as door stops and feed the tough parts to your pet, all non-confrontationally, of course.

Don't worry, I'm aware of his reputation. : )

At last -- a girl notices me! :o

driftingblizzard

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »
 :eyebrows: