Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157053 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #2340 on: September 23, 2012, 02:49:33 AM »
Working in downtown San Francisco the last two months. Today we saw the Space Shuttle fly over the city on the back of the 747(?) at about 10:30 am.  :thumbup:

Wow. I want to see one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2341 on: September 23, 2012, 02:50:47 AM »
took the PR to an urgent care clinic, she has an internal infection, picked up the Rx, bought a bed frame for her bed, cleaned (still cleaning) her room, fed the family, grocery shopped.  Not in that order.

I hope the PR feels better soon.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2342 on: September 23, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2343 on: September 23, 2012, 07:40:34 AM »
took the PR to an urgent care clinic, she has an internal infection, picked up the Rx, bought a bed frame for her bed, cleaned (still cleaning) her room, fed the family, grocery shopped.  Not in that order.

I hope the PR feels better soon.

I hope so too, with Her Majesty to provide loving care.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2344 on: September 23, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
Moved my old furniture out of the family room and moved in the "new to me" furniture that I bought from my neighbours. I love it. Before I only had seating for 4 people which made it hard (on the rare occasion) that I have several people over but now I can seat 7 people comfortably. Yay!

Going to the office store soon to make some photocopies and swing by my store before picking up the oldest from his Dad's.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #2345 on: September 23, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »
Chatted with my friend on the phone. Partly to socialize but mostly to put off doing stuff.

Moved my old furniture out of the family room and moved in the "new to me" furniture that I bought from my neighbours. I love it. Before I only had seating for 4 people which made it hard (on the rare occasion) that I have several people over but now I can seat 7 people comfortably. Yay!

Going to the office store soon to make some photocopies and swing by my store before picking up the oldest from his Dad's.
:thumbup:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2346 on: September 23, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »
Had a day out with my mother. Something we had not done in years before I moved away from them. All the males stayed at home.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2347 on: September 23, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »
Went to a friend's for BBQ, watch the football game and a swim.  Of course her son had a seizure and then the PR had 2 seizures, so the swim was called off.  They must think me a bad mother for simply sitting with the PR and "talking her through" her seizures.  She's semi-coherent and can make simple answers.  These were like a bug was inside her and she was trying to shake it out.  It may be a side effect from the Bactrim anti-biotic.  I gave her another dose along with 2 Benadryl this evening, so we'll see what happens.

The reason I act so nonchalant is that she will have to go into sheltered living and the caregivers will not be all touchy-feely, cuddle her, etc.  I try to act like her seizures are just a part of her that's not frightening, but that an adult should be told so she can be watched.   No one rule fits all handicapped children.   
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #2348 on: September 23, 2012, 09:55:47 PM »
Went to a friend's for BBQ, watch the football game and a swim.  Of course her son had a seizure and then the PR had 2 seizures, so the swim was called off.  They must think me a bad mother for simply sitting with the PR and "talking her through" her seizures.  She's semi-coherent and can make simple answers.  These were like a bug was inside her and she was trying to shake it out.  It may be a side effect from the Bactrim anti-biotic.  I gave her another dose along with 2 Benadryl this evening, so we'll see what happens.

The reason I act so nonchalant is that she will have to go into sheltered living and the caregivers will not be all touchy-feely, cuddle her, etc.  I try to act like her seizures are just a part of her that's not frightening, but that an adult should be told so she can be watched.   No one rule fits all handicapped children.
My now deceased friend had epilepsy and told me that there was not much to do about seizures except let them pass. Tough break. :hug:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2349 on: September 23, 2012, 10:00:21 PM »

My now deceased friend had epilepsy and told me that there was not much to do about seizures except let them pass. Tough break. :hug:

We had 3 handicapped young adults at the BBQ, all of whom have epilepsy in additon to othe handicaps.  The hostess gives her son Valium for his seizures.  The other mom (my bf) lets her daughter's seizures run their course, but has dilantin in case the seizure lasts more than 10 minutes.  The PR's seizures are pretty manageable and last 2-3 minutes.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2350 on: September 23, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »
Seizures blow. I had another the other day, although fairly minor.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2351 on: September 23, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »
Not a lot. I took a quick shower, made coffee and logged on here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2352 on: September 24, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »
PR continues with her seizures, but the Benadryl seems to lessen the occurrence a lot.  Don't want to stop the Rx because I want the infection gone.

Put out the 4 trash bags of trash from the PR's room, washed 2 and dried 3 loads of laundry, cut up the remains of a chicken, cooked noodles to go with the chicken and white sauce, washed dishes.  May go to Sams later on to avoid having to go tomorrow.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2353 on: September 24, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »
I hope the last 4 days of meds aren't too hard on the PR. :hug:

Watched a documentary on Area 51 with the oldest today. It seems to be a recurring obsession so it was nice to find something we haven't seen yet. It was from the perspective of pilots and engineers hired by the government in the 50's and 60's. Pretty interesting.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2354 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »
I made coffee. :orly:

- Albert Einstein