Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157644 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1770 on: July 03, 2012, 11:32:08 PM »
Had physical therapy and saw the doctor to discuss my MRI.  I have a tear in my medial meniscus, so I need to see a knee surgeon and see what he recommends.

:(

That sucks. :hug:

I hope they can help you fix it soon.

Thanks.  I hope it can be repaired, even though that apparently means a longer recovery time, rather than partially removed and what's left smoothed out.  If the whole thing has to be removed, it will cause me to have problems later.  Right now, I have to wait for insurance to approve the first visit, however.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1771 on: July 04, 2012, 06:58:34 AM »
I've had a few operations on both of my knees. I'm sorry you didn't get better news :hug:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1772 on: July 04, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
Really hope knee will be 'better' soon too. Aching knee(-s) is ja, the opposite of nice.

~

I.. fixed my mother's laptop.. or better put, fixed her connection to the web again. Wi-Fi stopped working and I couldn't find out how to make it work.. so blah.. I plugged the laptop up, with router, via an oldfashion cable again.. and there she goes.

Also did a laundry (towels and shit), showered, fed myself/birds too and made a Skype account for myself..

Am now eating a strawberry (btw)..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1773 on: July 04, 2012, 08:38:31 AM »
stayed in bed till 9:45

havent done anything except drink coffee

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1774 on: July 04, 2012, 03:54:32 PM »
Got the kids out of bed and fed and on the road. It's an hour to my store and I had 3 people to train today. That went well. Liked two of them, I think the third will flake out on me. Spent the afternoon in the neighbours pool as it's brutally hot here today. Made dinner and about to give the eldest his meds and let him stay home and use the computer while the youngest and I go and hang out in the pool again until bedtime. Since all the eldest has to do if he needs me is yell over the fence, he's good. :laugh:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1775 on: July 04, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
Went to an Independence Day party.  It was small, a total of 11 people, but we're not used to the noise level.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1776 on: July 04, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
Did you have aliens visit?  :tard:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1777 on: July 05, 2012, 12:20:21 AM »
I've had a few operations on both of my knees. I'm sorry you didn't get better news :hug:

Thanks for the hug and the good wishes.  What all did you have to do to them, if that's not too personal a question?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1778 on: July 05, 2012, 02:29:39 AM »
Had physical therapy and saw the doctor to discuss my MRI.  I have a tear in my medial meniscus, so I need to see a knee surgeon and see what he recommends.

That sucks. :hug:

I hope they can help you fix it soon.

Thanks.  I hope it can be repaired, even though that apparently means a longer recovery time, rather than partially removed and what's left smoothed out.  If the whole thing has to be removed, it will cause me to have problems later.  Right now, I have to wait for insurance to approve the first visit, however.

Aw i do hope they fix it.   My mum suffered with a bad knee for years.  She recently had a knee replacement, and even though she is in her eighties she is going dancing again.

She is a bit deaf, though.  I was with her when the surgeon spoke to her, he told her the new knee would be made of  titanium.   Unfortunately, she didn't hear him properly, and after her op she proceeded to tell all the neighbours about her new plutonium knee! :hahaha:  Aw bless her. 

Shhhhh mother don't let the Russians know :comrade:
blah blah blah

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1779 on: July 05, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »

Thanks for the hug and the good wishes.  What all did you have to do to them, if that's not too personal a question?
Exploratory on both. Then another procedure to cut the tendons surrounding the kneecap on the outside so that the kneecap will go back into place and stay there because I did some damage to it as a teen and one muscle was becoming too strong and pulling my kneecaps out of whack. Had that done to both knees. Then finally had 5.5" of bone removed just below my kneecaps and replaced with a 4.5" screw. Also on both knees. Came out of the hospital an inch shorter than when I went in. :laugh: I need to have both knees replaced but I'm putting it off for as long as possible since I'm so young and would have to have it done repeatedly due to my age.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1780 on: July 05, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
Saw my orthoptist today. She said that the results from the surgery last year are no longer visible. Whatever the surgery managed to correct in terms of eye alignment is now gone. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #1781 on: July 05, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
Got a notice saying that the stand I work at isn't open... so basically a day off

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1782 on: July 05, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
Saw my orthoptist today. She said that the results from the surgery last year are no longer visible. Whatever the surgery managed to correct in terms of eye alignment is now gone. :(

:hug:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1783 on: July 05, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
@ Callaway - Good luck.

I was having trouble with osteoarthritis in my left knee.  Had 2 series of injections of synovial jluid.  Eventually tried Schiff's Move Right and I've had no problems.  I walk a lot less like a penguin and a lot more like a Queen.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1784 on: July 05, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »
Ugh you're kidding me. :( Now what?