Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157898 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1455 on: May 13, 2012, 02:42:46 AM »
Not much. I can't do anything. This i write using a tablet.

Take it easy this weekend, watch a lot of TV!   :tv:

I can't sit, have to lie down.

:hug:

I hope that it doesn't take a week for you to feel better.  Did they get any useful information from your cerebrospinal fluid, at least?

The test results will not be back for a while yet but they said the samples are usable, at least.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1456 on: May 13, 2012, 02:46:26 AM »
Perhaps a hot bath would be too much,  maybe just a soapy
sponge?

Just what the doctor ordered.  :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #1457 on: May 13, 2012, 03:02:36 AM »
Thanks for the spybot link. +1

No guarantee it will run. I might have to do a complete fresh start. gutmann wipe the drive and reinstall from scratch. This little bastard seems pretty sophisticated, knocking out antimalware programs and paralyzing antivirus software.

hmm well best of luck. i have allways had good luck with viruses and spyware. only had one major infection in the last yar and that was from my foster sisters computer... it jumped over the network to me.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1458 on: May 14, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »
Not sure whats causing the seizures. Something is causing myoclonic episodes.

Hmmm.   No way at all it could be caused by slamming tons of experimental drugs on a daily basis?  Might be worth gaining just a little bit of objectivity and exploring that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1459 on: May 14, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »
Went to the GP today to bring him up to date about my bad back.  He's continuing the meds from the urgent care center.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1460 on: May 14, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
They have been happening for many years, cumberdale. And the only experimental drugs I ever IV, are all, pharmacologically speaking and SAR wise, they are all in the same family, arylcyclohexylamine NMDA antagonists, although some also possess moderate opioid agonist activity at mu receptors and in certain cases, possibly ORL1 (nociceptin) type opioid receptors. NMDA antagonists, as well, as in general, antagonism at ionotropic glutamate receptors of other subtypes,  has been noted in the literature to have anticonvulsant properties, and I have only ever had a seizure twice, while using the dissociatives.

On the other had, myoclonic jerking, muscle spasms and localized muscle fasciculations daily otherwise, unless I take the med I'm on that suppresses (nor)adrenaline release. I saw a neurologist, some years ago, which involved an overnight hospital stay, stayed there IIRC
for two days, only to see him briefly for a few minutes the second day, after which he buggered off until the next day, came to see me for less than five minutes,    only to tell me it was a tic. Which it isn't.

No luck with spybot in cleaning my computer. I downloaded the latest version of avast antivirus, it identified a rootkit, then couldn't remove it. Now its locked in a never-progressing, unstoppable scan which I will likely have to reboot to get out of.

Recommend any other antivirus programs, anybody? Hijackthis and malwarebytes won't run at all, and I've had problems with avira.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1461 on: May 14, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »
They have been happening for many years, cumberdale. And the only experimental drugs I ever IV, are all, pharmacologically speaking and SAR wise, they are all in the same family, arylcyclohexylamine NMDA antagonists, although some also possess moderate opioid agonist activity at mu receptors and in certain cases, possibly ORL1 (nociceptin) type opioid receptors. NMDA antagonists, as well, as in general, antagonism at ionotropic glutamate receptors of other subtypes,  has been noted in the literature to have anticonvulsant properties, and I have only ever had a seizure twice, while using the dissociatives.

On the other had, myoclonic jerking, muscle spasms and localized muscle fasciculations daily otherwise, unless I take the med I'm on that suppresses (nor)adrenaline release. I saw a neurologist, some years ago, which involved an overnight hospital stay, stayed there IIRC
for two days, only to see him briefly for a few minutes the second day, after which he buggered off until the next day, came to see me for less than five minutes,    only to tell me it was a tic. Which it isn't.

No luck with spybot in cleaning my computer. I downloaded the latest version of avast antivirus, it identified a rootkit, then couldn't remove it. Now its locked in a never-progressing, unstoppable scan which I will likely have to reboot to get out of.

Recommend any other antivirus programs, anybody? Hijackthis and malwarebytes won't run at all, and I've had problems with avira.

Do you use an inline filter when you take drugs intravenously to filter out small particles?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1462 on: May 15, 2012, 12:47:33 AM »

What's the name of the rootkit, do you know?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1463 on: May 15, 2012, 04:51:09 AM »
Got kids to school.
Talked to two ladies, did some housekeeping. I actually like being in my own living-room again. Bedroom is still only to be enjoyed with eyes closed though.
Got a promise of a meeting. That's a very good thing. The man at the phone was hard to get a hold on, but, once I got to speak to him he sounded reliable, and as someone who knows what he is talking about. He'll call me back, probably somewhere next week.
Called my parents.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1464 on: May 15, 2012, 05:36:07 AM »
 I took out five small bags of trash (mostly shredded bills and pay stubs and such),
 plus a bag stuffed with recyclable paper and cardboard, and my recycling bin.  :toporly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1465 on: May 15, 2012, 08:01:44 AM »
Not a lot.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #1466 on: May 15, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
I'll be food shopping later on for bread and hotsauce!
:skywarp:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1467 on: May 15, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »
Worked on an old house all alone just the way I like it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1468 on: May 15, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
Tuesday b'fast with g'friend.
Home for nap
Bags to Goodwill
Buy a cup for PA's oatmeal
PR's bowling
now home.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1469 on: May 16, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
Had some coffee but that's about it.

- Albert Einstein