Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 156974 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1320 on: April 27, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »
Got kids to school,
went to work, had a positive evaluation there,
did some shopping,
went to see ex for coffee and a chat,
got some more stuff I needed on the way home,
now here, posting, and pondering on how to get chewing gum out of the jeans of the oldest.

(tips are welcome, I already tried the freezing it bit )

Boiling method
1  While under hot water scrape off the gum with a tooth brush, knife or something sharp.
2  Scrub the fabric while still immersed in boiling water.
3  Let the garment dry and repeat as necessary.

OR
1  Boil some hot water in a kettle
2  Place the area with the gum on it over the mouth of the kettle, so the steam goes through it and scrub in one direction with a toothbrush
Freeze and break off using non chlorinated brake cleaner. It gets the job done with cryo power!  :2thumbsup:

Opening the valve of a throwaway cigarette lighter works in that way too.

Freezing did not work though, she had sat on the stuff first hour in school, and the 6 hours after that, (after peeling the bulk of it off). It had gone inside the fabric. Peanut butter, and turpentine did the job. Then washing and an extended hanging to dry and get the smell of the turpentine to disappear. 
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1321 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »
Peanut butter? I can understand the turpentine, but peanut fucking butter? (lol...I almost typo-ed and wrote that as 'peanut bugger' :D

I despise the smell of turps. Its one of those smells that is  on my 'ewww bloody christ thats twatting hideous' list. Alongside the smell of hypochlorites/and/or bleach, chlorine gas, public toilets, dog shite, and that hideous reek that always seems accompany the inside of paki shops, the smell of muslim is nauseating. Oh, and white pine oil. God, Pumilio pine oil is awful.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1322 on: April 27, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »
Peanut butter? I can understand the turpentine, but peanut fucking butter? (lol...I almost typo-ed and wrote that as 'peanut bugger' :D

I despise the smell of turps. Its one of those smells that is  on my 'ewww bloody christ thats twatting hideous' list. Alongside the smell of hypochlorites/and/or bleach, chlorine gas, public toilets, dog shite, and that hideous reek that always seems accompany the inside of paki shops, the smell of muslim is nauseating. Oh, and white pine oil. God, Pumilio pine oil is awful.

The oil in peanut butter rmakes the chewing gum less sticky. The peanut's solids makes the gum stiffer, so that the gum can be removed easier.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1323 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »

Peanut butter is the best thing to get chewing gum out of a kid's hair because it breaks down the gum, but I was afraid to suggest it for clothing because the oily stain left over can be difficult to remove.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1324 on: April 28, 2012, 06:06:07 AM »

I find the smell chlorine to be quite refreshing.  I much prefer it over the smells of 'toilet cleaner pine', 'floor cleaner citrus' or 'food preparation surface cleaner acetic acid' that my mum is fond of.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

P7PSP

« Reply #1325 on: April 29, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
Paid my phone/tv/internet bills. Paid my credit card bills. My hotels for the upcoming trip are now effectively paid for. Sent other necessary correspondence out.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1326 on: April 29, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »

Peanut butter is the best thing to get chewing gum out of a kid's hair because it breaks down the gum, but I was afraid to suggest it for clothing because the oily stain left over can be difficult to remove.

And turpentine is great to remove oily stains. The smell of it was gone after a prolonged hanging in the wind.

Oily things are great to get rid of sticky remains. Sticky tape remnants on a door or something are easy to remove with a bit of butter or oil.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1327 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:47 PM »

And turpentine is great to remove oily stains. The smell of it was gone after a prolonged hanging in the wind.

Oily things are great to get rid of sticky remains. Sticky tape remnants on a door or something are easy to remove with a bit of butter or oil.

I like the smell of turpentine :green:  As for getting rid of smells in things hanging in the wind is good but it works even better when it's also in the sun
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1328 on: April 30, 2012, 07:31:37 AM »
haircut for myself

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1329 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
Went curbside shopping :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1330 on: April 30, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
Cut grass, washed clothes, cooked.

Went curbside shopping :2thumbsup:

My plans for this evening. :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1331 on: April 30, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »
Worked. Well, nominally, at least. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1332 on: April 30, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »
I helped my daughter set up in our back yard a small tent she got for her birthday.  Even though it said it was 5 feet by 6 feet, it was too small for her to comfortably lie down, so we took it back to the store and exchanged it for a larger one and set that one up.  She's happily playing in it right now.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1333 on: May 01, 2012, 03:30:18 AM »
Made coffee. And that's about it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1334 on: May 01, 2012, 04:55:03 AM »
 :vibe:
blah blah blah