Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157604 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #12690 on: January 23, 2024, 01:58:35 PM »
Had my Yakisoba Noodles with Mom's Homemade Turkey Meatballs

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12691 on: January 24, 2024, 04:02:13 PM »
Spent much of the day in a customer meeting - a good one, all in all - and then an informal one with my boss. After which I spent 2.5 hours driving back to LHR.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12692 on: January 25, 2024, 11:55:21 AM »
Just got back from our indulgence trip to Portland Maine! 8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12693 on: January 25, 2024, 12:57:53 PM »
Flew back home at stupid o'clock in the morning, then tried to get some sleep at home. Failed. Worked.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12694 on: January 25, 2024, 01:28:37 PM »
Just got back from our annual indulgence get away trip to Portland Maine.  Stayed at the Regency hotel (a converted armory) near the waterfront.  Snowy slushy slippery weather to walk in, but, ate some delicious foods, including the most delicious crab cakes I EVER ate!  Topped with delicious crispy carrot shavings, crispy like potato chips and served on an awesome remoulade sauce.  We used to go to Boston via train, but, we've done Boston to death.  We'll be exploring other venues to indulge in.  😎
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12695 on: January 25, 2024, 04:05:50 PM »
Woke up, and didn't make it to my dentist appointment (missed the train)... rescheduled, waited for Mom to come home, went to get my necessity shopping at Walmart done (found Cat Food that Yoshi appreciates, and Bird treats because I'm planning to clean their cages soon)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12696 on: January 26, 2024, 11:54:15 AM »
One of the hams we bought yesterday did not make it to the freezers. I cooked it up this morning.
It was the smallest and it is delicious! Taters and veggies, too, of course.

The quality of product that this German meat curing clan whips out is astounding!
I have to say that if I was pressed, my preference would be a salt cured Virginia style and second would be a Texas smoke cure, but these Germans do a great job, too!
They use a combination of deep brining and then a finish in a smoke house. In other words a combination of my two favorite processes for curing pork.

I assessed our freezer space and returned to the Meijer store at 7AM after I dropped my daughter at work and brought home four more bargain hams. I got one really big one.

BTW, I have looked into this whole meat curing thing for many years, tried some things, but like everything else, there are a zillion ways to to do anything and certain regions have specific tendencies due to what crops grow in the region.
For instance the French will often drop a bottle or two of favored wine into a few hundred gallons of saturated salt water for flavor before curing poultry.
German style old school doesn't use much water when creating a brining solution, they start with beer quite often.
They are both right!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 01:08:01 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12697 on: January 26, 2024, 06:08:40 PM »
Was working until 3:30... apparently I got the right idea?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12698 on: January 26, 2024, 07:53:09 PM »
^ :)

Got up, fed the cats (tuna in gravy), took meds and made sure Kayleigh took hers.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12699 on: January 26, 2024, 08:41:55 PM »
I grocery shopped, filled the car, picked up prescriptions, and paid bills. :hadron:

There must be something in the moon or the air today. When I was at Aldi, two women started fighting in the self-checkout area while I was bagging my stuff. I couldn't really hear what one was saying, but the other was being loud and threatening to drag the other one outside and beat her ass. I was a little worried because I had a huge cart full and wasn't going to be able to get out of there before things turned all Jerry Springer. The yelling went on for quite a while before the store employees got involved and tried to diffuse the situation. They weren't very effective because one was still yelling as the other was walking out the door. By the time both were gone, I was still bagging my food.  :dunno:

Then I went to Wal-Mart and while I was in the cleaning section, the song Funky Town came on over the speakers, and I heard someone on another aisle shout Owww! I moved over to the next aisle and there were two guys stocking the shelves. One was dancing around while the other kept screeching FUNKY TOWN in a loud high pitched voice. They were so cute and had me rolling with laughter. I grabbed my laundry soap and headed toward the dog food, and I passed a very old man dancing behind his cart making beep-beep noises to the rhythm of the song while I could still hear the other guy yelling in the soap aisle, and I starting laughing all over again. WalMart today was way more fun than Aldi.   :2thumbsup:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12700 on: January 26, 2024, 08:53:00 PM »

I hope you're liking your new job.  :thumbup:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12701 on: January 28, 2024, 03:14:12 PM »
Yesterday I cleaned the house and washed the cars. :hadron: Today I got my hairs cut and I colored them too.  :2thumbsup:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12702 on: January 28, 2024, 04:47:20 PM »

I hope you're liking your new job.  :thumbup:

I'm getting the hang of it... it's not like the pacing when changing the briefs of residents.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12703 on: January 30, 2024, 02:57:30 PM »
Spent my working day in meetings. Some were productive but most a waste of time.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12704 on: January 30, 2024, 03:02:28 PM »
Mostly slept, and found Yoshi snuggled up against me