Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157257 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #12135 on: April 02, 2023, 08:15:48 PM »
Not a whole lot, just went to Church, sat with my friends, had lunch with Mom and Dad, watched my K-Drama, found Hana dead, and buried her in the yard near where Santo, Lenny, and some of the other birds are buried.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12136 on: April 03, 2023, 05:20:04 PM »
I painted the ugly spots on the house. :hadron: We'd love to paint the whole house but it's not in the budget and probably wont be for a while. A couple spots had chipped off the first time I pressure washed it, plus there were already a few spots even before that. I picked a paint match months ago and have been putting off getting the paint. I was especially upset at myself yesterday, because I started off completely determined to go buy it but couldn't bring myself to leave the house. Today Sugarbutt randomly said he needed something from the home improvement store. I jumped up and said OMG THAT'S GREAT!! :GA: It looks really good and I'm so happy it's done. He's my hero. :heart:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12137 on: April 03, 2023, 06:01:09 PM »
Lots of cleaning around the house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12138 on: April 04, 2023, 09:27:50 AM »
I set out two new birdhouses in the back yard.

I am in the process of cobbling together six more, but they are not quite ready yet. They are all either pine or cedar and NOT painted or stained, city folk style. Mine are raw wood.
I have plenty of trees in which to place them.
I also moved my suet cakes to the back. They are almost done for the season.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12139 on: April 04, 2023, 12:57:55 PM »
Needing to at least get to 280 by June (preferably before Strange New Worlds starts season 2)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12140 on: April 04, 2023, 02:16:02 PM »
Worked. Boarded a train to pick up the Jag from winter storage, finally, and drove back home. :woohoo:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12141 on: April 21, 2023, 07:21:47 PM »
I did a big grocery shop and paid bills. :hadron: I also cleaned the vacuum filters in preparation of a deep dusting this weekend.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12142 on: April 21, 2023, 09:20:51 PM »
Worked. Boarded a train to pick up the Jag from winter storage, finally, and drove back home. :woohoo:
What do you drive in winter?

I haven't done much today, had breakfast. That's about it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12143 on: April 22, 2023, 06:10:16 AM »
Today I made coffee and moaned and groaned about my tired old back. That's about it so far, other than driving the kids to their work places.

Yesterday with some help, we planted eighteen purple Wave petunias (flowers), three Dracena (decorative, tall, grassy), four variegated Hedera (painted ivy), seven gallon-size Hostas (leafy), and a single, two gallon size silver Huechera variety (large shiny leaves). Got things mulched enough to start them well. I will need a lot more mulch before summer heat arrives.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:57:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12144 on: April 22, 2023, 03:27:19 PM »

My wife's company car or nothing at all. I work from home, and when I travel I rent a car if needed. The Jag is a toy.

I have been thinking about getting rid of the Jag and buying something that gets me through the winter months, tbh, but I love the Jag. It's a fantastic car, and it's stunningly beautiful. It's a work of art.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12145 on: April 22, 2023, 03:28:09 PM »
Played a round of golf. My back was killing me throughout.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12146 on: April 22, 2023, 05:21:48 PM »
I did my Saturday chores and I also deep dusted the house. :hadron: The appliances seemed to have a lot more dirt under them than usual. :aff: I still need to do the boy's room, but I'll do that early tomorrow before he gets home from work, and then change the air filters.  I usually do a spring cleaning job on Sundays, but today was all about procrastinating the cars.  :orly: I skipped the cars the past two Saturday's because my momma was here, plus it was hot and I just didn't wanna. I ended up vacuuming them this evening and it wasn't as bad as expected. I didn't wash them because I'm out of car soap. I simply can't bring myself to leave the house on the weekends, so Sugarbutt said he would get me some soap tomorrow. :heart:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12147 on: April 22, 2023, 05:50:53 PM »

My wife's company car or nothing at all. I work from home, and when I travel I rent a car if needed. The Jag is a toy.

I have been thinking about getting rid of the Jag and buying something that gets me through the winter months, tbh, but I love the Jag. It's a fantastic car, and it's stunningly beautiful. It's a work of art.

I feel similarly about my '70 Chevelle. It is a toy and an amazingly beautiful work of art.
And yet, it sits in a storage building for ten months out of the year.

I've been really close to selling it a few times this past year, but I just can't do it (yet).

It is the single MOST impractical thing I own.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12148 on: April 23, 2023, 01:15:48 PM »
Sugarbutt was out and about all morning, so I puttered around the house a did a bunch of stuff. :hadron: I deep dusted the boy's room, vacuumed and mopped the house, and changed the air filters. I also cleaned the chandelier in the dining room, and then I went around the house with a magic eraser and some paint searching for smudges, scuffs and specks. That made me realize the doors could all use a good wipe down, so I did that too.  :2thumbsup: I still need to wash the cars, but I'm going to wait until this evening after it cools off.  :dunno:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12149 on: April 23, 2023, 04:42:27 PM »
Picked this stuff among other things out of spring clean up piles :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw