Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157629 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11880 on: November 12, 2022, 03:41:30 PM »
I did my Saturday house cleaning stuff. :hadron: I also cleaned the stubborn spots on the house outer walls and the front walkway. I plan to clean the patio pavers tomorrow, so I probably won't get to the driveway and sidewalk until next week.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11881 on: November 12, 2022, 06:44:09 PM »
Well, long story shortened, in opposition to my admonition toward my daughter's decorating scheme of leaving holiday candy out on the coffee table, the dog became bored and got to her candy stash. It was about a dozen and some candy pieces that the dog ate.

Pupper made a huge mess, ate a mountain of candy leaving all the wrappers everywhere and then threw up half of it in multiple places all over the "light colored" carpet, then sat sulking as if HE was the one who was misused.

He was a Bad Boy! I did not kill him. But I made him walk through his mess while telling him, NO! the whole way.
Doubt he'll do that again, but hopefully my daughter learned to listen to her father about some of these silly things.

Yeah, RIGHT!

So I administered a cleaning party.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11882 on: November 12, 2022, 06:56:04 PM »
Got the new credit cards and began the laborious process of switching our automatic payments to the new number.  Cable was the fucking worst one to deal with, at least until I got a real human being to actually listen to the number and do the work.   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11883 on: November 12, 2022, 08:51:34 PM »
Well, long story shortened, in opposition to my admonition toward my daughter's decorating scheme of leaving holiday candy out on the coffee table, the dog became bored and got to her candy stash. It was about a dozen and some candy pieces that the dog ate.

Pupper made a huge mess, ate a mountain of candy leaving all the wrappers everywhere and then threw up half of it in multiple places all over the "light colored" carpet, then sat sulking as if HE was the one who was misused.

He was a Bad Boy! I did not kill him. But I made him walk through his mess while telling him, NO! the whole way.
Doubt he'll do that again, but hopefully my daughter learned to listen to her father about some of these silly things.

Yeah, RIGHT!

So I administered a cleaning party.

Buy her some of these.  :lol1:
https://www.amazon.com/SOIMISS-Christmas-Ornaments-Peppermint-Decorations/dp/B09DGJBQXS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1AFTQV9X34WH2

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11884 on: November 13, 2022, 01:56:06 PM »
I cleaned the patio and all the patio furniture. I even cleaned the outside of the shed. :hadron:

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11885 on: November 13, 2022, 08:08:26 PM »
Did too much... now I'm happy(?)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11886 on: November 14, 2022, 07:21:25 AM »
Have not done much, yet, but I have an agenda to work through.

Upon that list is a long promised parcel to a friend which is to be shipped out.
Sorry, for the delay, but many things have taken a dump lately, including best lain plans.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11887 on: November 14, 2022, 02:35:51 PM »
I didn't do much today.... oh wait.... I was lookout for my Dad's special medicine (stuff related to chemo no worries)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11888 on: November 14, 2022, 06:44:17 PM »
Measured another three car garage with rooms above for insulation,  second one this month
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11889 on: November 15, 2022, 03:24:15 PM »
Waiting on that phone call.... or text message, I better check my e-mail.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11890 on: November 15, 2022, 07:07:14 PM »
I scrambled to clean a few windows outside before it got dark. It's not time to do windows yet but I made a huge mess of them when I pressure washed the house. It gets dark too fast to accomplish anything outside during the week, so I'm just going to chip away at them because they're making me nuts. :GA:  Then I put new felt pads on the diningroom chairs. I guess they collectively decided to suddenly disintegrate, because I noticed the chair I was using left grody black marks on the tile. I tried sitting in another chair and it did the same thing. I'm grateful to have noticed it now, rather than when we have a housefull of people using the diningroom and all the chairs leaving black marks all over the floor. :aff: I also wrapped a few gifts. :hadron:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11891 on: November 16, 2022, 05:52:28 PM »
I scrambled to clean some more windows before the sun set. I started earlier today than yesterday, so I was able to finish them. It was entirely too humid to be doing windows. I've never done that before so I'm not sure how they're going to turn out. I guess I'll see tomorrow if I wasted my time.  :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11892 on: November 17, 2022, 01:01:30 AM »
Drove for an hour to do half an hour's work then drove for an hour again. I got paid well though.

Went to two different shops just to find brioche burger buns, Aldi is becoming unreliable for this. Got home, had lunch and relaxed for a while. Work later.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11893 on: November 17, 2022, 06:40:55 PM »
I wiped out the fridge and freezer, and made a shopping list for tomorrow. :hadron:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11894 on: November 17, 2022, 07:24:12 PM »
Woke up. :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae