Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157545 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11355 on: March 13, 2022, 07:08:11 PM »
Finished my craft project!   8)
You've mentioned a craft project a few times. What was it? Sorry if you've already explained it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11356 on: March 13, 2022, 07:53:03 PM »
Finished my craft project!   8)
You've mentioned a craft project a few times. What was it? Sorry if you've already explained it.

No worries!  There is a florist in the next town over that I frequent a lot.  They came up with something I think is brilliant.  As they make bouquets, they sometimes have flowers too short or left over.  So they came up with this plan, they take what's left over and put it is mini vases.  So for $5 dollars a week, I go in and get a mini vase with those flowers that would be thrown out.  What I need to transport the little vase is a holder that's stable and doesn't tip over in my car.  The florist used to have boxes for that, then they stopped using these cardboard boxes to conserve paper.  My solution was to find a round wooden box that would hold the vase and keep it upright.  I found one at a local craft shop.  It's round, wide and stable and needed to be painted.  So the box I found was round and divided into small panels.  From my past projects, I had quite a few bottles of acrylic paints in metallic hues.  I love rainbows, and what I had could be painted on each panel for a rainbow effect.  That is done, I just need to put a clear polyurethane finish on it to complete the project.  And when I need to get another mini vase, I will have a reusable holder to transport it home.  For $5 a week, I get a fresh flower vase which Carla loves to see when she gets home from work. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11357 on: March 15, 2022, 01:09:11 AM »
That's a really neat idea.  :)  But I've never heard of a round box. Maybe I have seen one and just can't picture it now. I totally approve of the rainbow colours, that sounds awesome. And it's great of the florist to do that, I wonder if any here do it.

Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11358 on: March 15, 2022, 08:19:00 AM »
That's a really neat idea.  :)  But I've never heard of a round box. Maybe I have seen one and just can't picture it now. I totally approve of the rainbow colours, that sounds awesome. And it's great of the florist to do that, I wonder if any here do it.

As far as I know, no other florist around our area does it.  I suppose I should have used the term container instead of box. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11359 on: March 15, 2022, 08:32:35 AM »
Got the oil changed in the van
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11360 on: March 16, 2022, 12:51:29 PM »
Worked. :chores: Walked the dog.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11361 on: March 16, 2022, 06:50:16 PM »
Ate a frog. It was good. Not sure why procrastinating over it so long.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11362 on: March 16, 2022, 10:58:26 PM »

They don't taste like chicken, do they?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11363 on: March 17, 2022, 03:48:35 AM »

They don't taste like chicken, do they?
They taste like productivity. :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11364 on: March 19, 2022, 03:29:13 AM »
^Gross!

I drove us to West Perth for Kayleigh's nerve conduction test on her left hand and arm. She said she had to put her hands in warm water before the test. And that the actual test hurt. I had to sit in the car for ages waiting for her because of Covid restrictions. Good thing it's a cloudy day.

Afterwards, we ate at a burger place in Subiaco and I showed Kayleigh the Cat Café.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11365 on: March 19, 2022, 07:22:54 AM »
^Gross!
Didn't literally eat a frog. :laugh:

I tend to procrastinate on the stuff that I am afraid of...

Why god why?

I think it's something everyone is inclined to do.  :dunno:

“If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” -Mark Twain

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11366 on: March 19, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
Last month I made some IPA with a mix of British, American and French hops.  I've called it "Allied Ale".  Today I made some IPA with a mix of Japanese and German hops.  I guess it's going to be called "Axis Ale"?

I need someone Swiss to taste them and decide which one is best.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11367 on: March 19, 2022, 09:16:02 AM »
Last month I made some IPA with a mix of British, American and French hops.  I've called it "Allied Ale".  Today I made some IPA with a mix of Japanese and German hops.  I guess it's going to be called "Axis Ale"?

I need someone Swiss to taste them and decide which one is best.

On that note, I just finished reading a long tediously detailed book about Winston Churchil, very revealing!  It's about the shadow he cast past and present. 

If I lived nearby I would be happy to taste them.   :beergrin:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11368 on: March 19, 2022, 03:51:25 PM »
Hit a golf ball too many times.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11369 on: March 19, 2022, 04:34:51 PM »
I did my regular Saturday chores, except for the mopping still needs to be done. I also went around and poked in all the cabinets and drawers and did a small declutter, because this week's big job is wiping out cabinets and drawers. Since we now have a steamer to make the grout cleaning faster and easier, cabinets and drawers has now become my new least favorite task because it's sometimes hard to get it all done in one weekend. My commitment to the house during the week is really small outside of the kitchen, so when weekend stuff spills over into the week I'm not often inclined to do it. I usually start with the cabinet under the kitchen sink and the bathroom drawers, and then wiping down the outside of all the cabinetry. That way, if I don't do anything else, then at least I've done the parts that always need it. Since it's not grocery week I got most of all the cabinets and drawers done today. I'll probably finish them up tomorrow morning.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 04:52:53 PM by Gopher Gary »
:gopher: