Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157722 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11190 on: November 12, 2021, 01:13:32 AM »
Woke up at stupid o'clock with massive headache and sore throat. Had coffee. Went back to bed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11191 on: November 14, 2021, 02:49:46 AM »
Saw Eternals at the cinema. Had sushi to eat afterwards.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11192 on: November 14, 2021, 04:00:56 PM »
Worked :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11193 on: November 15, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »

Tipping my hat to the Bitch Thread, I seem to always talk about what happened yesterday in this thread.

Normally when posting about today, it is not going to happen. I am usually TOO Busy while shit is happening to post much, so ...

... as a way to offer peace, I will suggest that yesterday, today and tomorrow are congruent within certain minds.

Recently, an old "friend" came by and wanted to show me the New Creation they had been working on.
He knocked on the door and I peeked out. "OMG!! The User. The Mooch! The always wants something for nothing guy." "WTF could he possibly want??!! RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!?? WHAT!!"

I opened the door, I mean, shit,  I AM from Texas and all. We try to be courteous at first.

He was so damn glad to find me, it seems. He remembered me as an Animal fan (music stuff). He was out distributing Blu-ray copies of a disc they were planning to release soon, but wanted feedback from people who know the music. WTF, again!
Me?

I asked what they had done and the story is that one of the Chicago people he now works for has compiled a collection of live War (band name) music, set for release early next year.

He knew I was a fan of old music, so he thought of me and figured that all my old contacts were still viable and I could help him. Moocher! But it turns out he had boxes of Blu-rar disc and flash drives to distribute to community college radio stations, low wattage radio stations etc. He thought of me. OK make all the low wattage jokes you need.

He was here to give me a Blu-ray of old Live War and I said, "Thanks." BUT, fucking WOW!!  Wait a minute. How can I help. He gave me a thirty case of Blu-ray discs of this fairly cool collection of upcoming, yet to be released Live Music.

Then asked if I could give them all away. I said, "Yeah!"

I thought about it and wondered what I had just promised. What if I have just been given something very valuable by some questionable acquaintance from the past I never trusted, but who needed a way out of HIS promises.

I just do not need any of this right now!~!!!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #11194 on: November 15, 2021, 07:06:56 PM »
Worked from home. Cleaned and organised kitchen. Spent the rest of the day playing Noita.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11195 on: November 16, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »
Loaded 1600 pounds of cellulose into a machine
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11196 on: November 17, 2021, 06:38:04 AM »
Loaded 1600 pounds of cellulose into a machine

Were you supposed to do it or was it a random act of sabotage?  We need details!
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #11197 on: November 17, 2021, 06:40:33 AM »
In office. Slow unproductive day. Lots of boring conversation around me.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11198 on: November 19, 2021, 05:15:56 AM »
"Worked" (whatever one defines as work, I was pretending to do it).
Came home and attempted to unclog and clean the gutters on the pergola roof. I got the job done for the most part and the downpipe is free flowing again. The gutter is still mysteriously leaking though :apondering:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11199 on: November 19, 2021, 03:54:32 PM »
Worked all day and some of the evening. Two clients is a bit much but client #2 will be done in about a week or so.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #11200 on: November 23, 2021, 01:46:48 PM »
Met a friend of mine, rested, cleaned guinea pig cages. Gonna do my laundry and make myself tea soon.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11201 on: November 23, 2021, 07:29:26 PM »
Recently, an old "friend" came by and wanted to show me the New Creation they had been working on.

This old music is fucking awesome!

It is mainly old War music with Eric Burdon singing and performing funk-like. I love it all.

I made a few phone calls and the box is gone.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11202 on: November 23, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »
Today, I have been either on the phone or chasing the latest emails, keeping things moving forward on our new home.

Well, not NEW, but new to us and certainly an upgrade to our present home. I dropped most of my savings and, as my brother said, I will be broke, but I insist, NOT BROKEN!!

I'll post some pics a bit later.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11203 on: November 26, 2021, 04:55:22 PM »
I thought I was going to work all day, but...

Woke up at stupid o'clock and didn't get much sleep after that.

The dishwasher died so I spent the first part of the morning troubleshooting. It really is dead.

I had a dentist's appointment so that took care of the rest of the morning. Got an implant, which is a really good thing, but it feels so weird and it took forever.

Grabbed a quick sandwich. Not starving is good.

I did a work meeting to review a unit conversion solution for a client. Gave them the go-ahead but with conditions. Also did emails and other admin.

A building inspector came by to see what had been done to replace and sound-proof our windows (we live next to the railway), but also to see the damage the builders did to our floors. He was not happy. Took another two hours.

Did more admin but was interrupted.

Had to shop groceries and dog food.

Daughter and her boyfriend came buy, had dinner with us, and we had a generally good time.

I then walked the dog. She was pleased.

And I finally got back to work. Came up with an elegant solution for a problem I've been thinking about all week. This is for client #2, though, and client #1 didn't get anything done beyond that meeting.

Not going to accept another project next to client #1 anytime soon. Except an on-and-off one contacted me yesterday about work, and client #2 says they can keep me busy all of next year.

Now drinking a beer and hoping tomorrow is less stressful.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11204 on: November 26, 2021, 08:33:52 PM »
I thought I was going to work all day, but...

Woke up at stupid o'clock and didn't get much sleep after that.

The dishwasher died so I spent the first part of the morning troubleshooting. It really is dead.

The first part of this day sounds familiar. A lot of people get the day after Thanksgiving off work, but I don't. It was still a slow day so took the opportunity to get a head start on weekend cleaning chores to allow time for a weekend project. Have been waking up at stupid o'clock for months, not sure what's up with that. Have always looked forward to retirement because if the world would let me, would sleep between four am and noon. Though now wondering if my body clock will change before then and I'll be up at four am like every other old person. :laugh: Recently quit using the dishwasher. About a year ago it started beeping while it runs, which was really annoying at first but got used to it. It functions, but for some unknown reason about a month ago started washing and hand drying everything. Have grown to like it because all of the dishes are always completely done and put away. That might change if ever returning to the office, because wont be here to do them all throughout the day.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 08:40:43 PM by Jack »