Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 158825 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11175 on: November 05, 2021, 07:03:20 PM »
Got gas
Went to a flea market
Got the last of my house plants inside
Cleaned and sorted out stuff in my office
Lots of laundry
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11176 on: November 07, 2021, 05:17:06 AM »
Went to laundromat (earlier than I usually do, because there was supposed to be bad weather later).
Bunnings.
Cleaned the rest of my tile grout.
Cleaned the shower recess in my new ensuite.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11177 on: November 07, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
Just took a long meditative walk today.  Saw a farmer hosing out his manure spreader, watched a Hawk soaring effortlessly in the sky above his field.  Stood and watched it for a few minutes.  Marveled at the number of cans of hard ice tea littering the roadside.  And saw a couple of turkeys rambling on.  Beautiful day!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11178 on: November 08, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »
That's nuts. :GA:

So are bids ordered in terms of time received and not amount? I thought it was set up where the sellers would gather bids as long as they could get away with in the terms of the bids and then go with the highest?

The amount is paramount.

Today I've spent my peaceful fall morning going back through everything with the bank and our realtor.
I was enjoying my bird feeding stations with coffee, until open of business. Now I feel like  :hair:

We have our hearts set on ONE place, today. It will be decided on Thursday, by the property angels. At least now I can offer substantially more (almost double - hope its enough) than when we first saw this house.

We've seen a few OK houses, but only very few which I would consider to be ""MOVE IN READY""   

My agent tells me that I am competing with at least ninety, nationwide large land grabbers just looking to make a few bucks on what ever comes on the market.
We just need a place to live next year.

.,... and so     :hair:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 11:11:44 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11179 on: November 08, 2021, 04:05:47 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11180 on: November 08, 2021, 04:07:45 PM »
Took the cub trick-or-treating for the first time. Between costume malfunction and a scary house that had adult-scary moving mannequins and stuff in the front yard, he didn't have a good time in the end.  :-[

Not a failure as a mama, I know, but damn it I just wanted the kid to have fun and share some of my enjoyment of the season.

You're doing great for giving him these experiences to begin with. Those hits and misses happen only if you try.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11181 on: November 08, 2021, 04:10:21 PM »

So are bids ordered in terms of time received and not amount? I thought it was set up where the sellers would gather bids as long as they could get away with in the terms of the bids and then go with the highest?

The amount is paramount.

Today I've spent my peaceful fall morning going back through everything with the bank and our realtor.
I was enjoying my bird feeding stations with coffee, until open of business. Now I feel like  :hair:

We have our hearts set on ONE place, today. It will be decided on Thursday, by the property angels. At least now I can offer substantially more (almost double - hope its enough) than when we first saw this house.

We've seen a few OK houses, but only very few which I would consider to be ""MOVE IN READY""   

My agent tells me that I am competing with at least ninety, nationwide large land grabbers just looking to make a few bucks on what ever comes on the market.

Rooting for you and yours. I hope you win at this.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11182 on: November 08, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »
Phone calls and emails for work
Took the dogs out by the river for a walk
Fixed a old wood plane

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11183 on: November 08, 2021, 08:20:09 PM »

Bastards.

It's happening up here too. The new developments are all soulless row houses or builder-themed McHalfMansions crammed together with onlu a few feet in between. In the older neighborhoods like mine, older houses are getting bought, torn down, and replaced with 2 or 3 unit buildings which immediately go back on the market.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11184 on: November 09, 2021, 02:55:55 AM »

The amount is paramount.

Rooting for you and yours. I hope you win at this.

Thanks, Odeon. I feel we will find something, eventually, but we will ALL be tired and I will be broke and broken. Kids are taking this hard and effects from our efforts to inspire them seem to last only minutes, now.

I have to look outside me to find a way toward inner peace. Irony, I know. My neighbor across the street had just begun her dream job when this whole city project came about. She is a single mom with a barely teen boy. Lost her husband four years ago and was supported by Habitat For Humanity through the worst of her toil, but she is considered as a settled case.
They seem to be done with her with the present administration.

There is always someone worse off than I am.
 :bigcry:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11185 on: November 09, 2021, 03:18:43 AM »
This was actually yesterday, but I saw this in the light with fall colors behind and grabbed the shot.

I just felt like it is how I feel about some of this. Here is a sparkling green leaf standing proud of the fall colors and demonstrating that "I will NOT go quietly!"

It just hit me that way and it fell right into my mind's well of possibilities.

Doing all this house shopping, I've begun to carry my SLR with me everywhere again. The full size image is much better, but this is the internet.
 :heisenberg:

Oh, it's a Leather Leaf Viburnum growing in my back yard.  Viburnum rhytidophyllum. Had to look it up, because I can never remember how to spell that species name.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 03:28:01 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11186 on: November 09, 2021, 05:59:43 PM »
 :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11187 on: November 11, 2021, 11:03:36 AM »
 :thumbup:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11188 on: November 11, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
Went and had the battery on my LL Bean pocket watch changed.  And saw at the same local Jewelry shop exactly what Carla wanted for Xmas.  I love it when I can take care of two projects in one trip!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11189 on: November 11, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »
Got gas, materials for work and very annoyed at the contractor I am working for

George Bernard Shaw