Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157682 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #10230 on: May 02, 2020, 08:25:35 PM »
^ I'm hoping your inspiration finds its way to me at my house  :laugh:

Got one fridge done, but it was the easy one in the garage. Mainly have it for the extra freezer space and the fridge is only stocked with bottled water, teas, and juice. Tossed a couple things which had been in the freezer too long, which is unfortunate because recent food anxiety makes me feel compelled to fill the empty space. May get to the kitchen fridge tomorrow, and try to resist the urge to go to the store until it's actually time to shop.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10231 on: May 03, 2020, 07:02:23 AM »

Got one fridge done, but it was the easy one in the garage. Mainly have it for the extra freezer space and the fridge is only stocked with bottled water, teas, and juice. Tossed a couple things which had been in the freezer too long, which is unfortunate because recent food anxiety makes me feel compelled to fill the empty space. May get to the kitchen fridge tomorrow, and try to resist the urge to go to the store until it's actually time to shop.
I've been thinking of getting a second freezer. We have a small 3.5 cubic foot one but it's mostly full of dog food (they eat raw) because when I see a good sale, I'd like to stock up. But I don't know where to put it. We have no power outlets in the garage because it was built in the 1950's so it has to go inside and our house is small.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10232 on: May 03, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »

I've been thinking of getting a second freezer. We have a small 3.5 cubic foot one but it's mostly full of dog food (they eat raw) because when I see a good sale, I'd like to stock up. But I don't know where to put it. We have no power outlets in the garage because it was built in the 1950's so it has to go inside and our house is small.
Yes, the dog. In addition to husband's special dietary needs, also have great anxiety for the dog. Haven't been able to find his food in the stores for weeks. Fortunately had just stocked up before all this happened, but down to about a month's worth now. Found a place to order it online, but it's been almost a week and still hasn't shipped. Would replacing the 3.5 cube freezer rectify the space issue? They do make tall slim stand alone freezers, so it might be possible to find a larger one which takes up the same footprint as the current small one.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10233 on: May 03, 2020, 08:11:10 AM »

Yes, the dog. In addition to husband's special dietary needs, also have great anxiety for the dog. Haven't been able to find his food in the stores for weeks. Fortunately had just stocked up before all this happened, but down to about a month's worth now. Found a place to order it online, but it's been almost a week and still hasn't shipped. Would replacing the 3.5 cube freezer rectify the space issue? They do make tall slim stand alone freezers, so it might be possible to find a larger one which takes up the same footprint as the current small one.
I've thought about that but it's in the family room and I don't want it to be the massive focal point in the room. It sits right beside my upright baby grand piano and I laugh when I think about an upright freezer sitting beside it. Right now, the little one goes mostly unnoticed. I don't know. Weird hang up I have, I think. lol

It's stressful to run out of dog food, especially when some dogs are so sensitive to food changes. I'm about to lose my mind trying to figure out these hot spots with my youngest dogs. I'm spending more days in tears than not because a second one showed up and I know she's in pain and I can't get them to clear. Sigh.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10234 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »

I've thought about that but it's in the family room and I don't want it to be the massive focal point in the room. It sits right beside my upright baby grand piano and I laugh when I think about an upright freezer sitting beside it. Right now, the little one goes mostly unnoticed. I don't know. Weird hang up I have, I think. lol

It's stressful to run out of dog food, especially when some dogs are so sensitive to food changes. I'm about to lose my mind trying to figure out these hot spots with my youngest dogs. I'm spending more days in tears than not because a second one showed up and I know she's in pain and I can't get them to clear. Sigh.
Completely agree with not wanting a freezer eyesore in the living room. Though a cabinet could be built around it, so it looks like furniture.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10235 on: May 03, 2020, 08:33:03 AM »

Completely agree with not wanting a freezer eyesore in the living room. Though a cabinet could be built around it, so it looks like furniture.
Why did I not think of this? Like not even once??!!  :laugh: :facepalm2:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10236 on: May 03, 2020, 08:44:22 AM »
:laugh:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #10237 on: May 04, 2020, 08:05:32 AM »
Grocery shopping  :GA:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10238 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:34 AM »
Built a simple application on a server, then discovered the damned thing had duplicated data.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10239 on: May 04, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
Sat around reading while the technician repaired the hot water heater.  Now I'm going shopping!  or as I like to say "hunting and gathering."    :P
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10240 on: May 04, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »
Fed the family and walked the dog. Now relaxing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10241 on: May 04, 2020, 12:47:00 PM »
Had to order a new cone of shame for the youngest dog as she's busted her current one up. So I measure her neck, order the right size, go to the pet store which is only doing curbside pick up. Also had to get a toothbrush for the older dog who can't keep a portion of her teeth clean on her own since getting a major top molar pulled (Fun fact: Big molars in dogs help keep the teeth on the bottom jaw cleaner). Get there and find out I drove all that way for a dog tooth brush because they didn't have the collar in stock.  :laugh:

They call over to second location who has collar in stock and I drive to the other side of the city to get it. They put it in my trunk and I drive home only to find out it's too small for her.  :facepalm2:

Monday is being very Monday today.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10242 on: May 04, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »
Got up early to go for a 5km walk with the mental health place around the corner from me. Glad we didn't get rained on.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10243 on: May 05, 2020, 01:11:01 AM »
Started working early, for once.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #10244 on: May 05, 2020, 09:28:40 AM »
I'm patiently waiting for the damn mail.  :zoinks:
:skywarp: