Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157458 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9690 on: April 13, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »
Walked the dog
Had a mild migraine
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9691 on: April 13, 2019, 08:33:19 PM »
 Between yesterday and today I pulled 24 black garbage bags and contractor bags of weeds from the back yard.  It's about 30% clean.  Found out I had 2 oak trees (small ones) growing, but I accidentally pulled one up.   EVERYTHING has to go, down to the bare earth.  There is too much dead grass with Carolina Jessamine runners mingled throughout.  Sometimes I feel like an original pioneer clearing virgin territory.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9692 on: April 14, 2019, 06:12:20 AM »
^Your backyard sounds like it's big. Ours is tiny and I still moaned about having to weed it.

Today Kayleigh and I went to a friend's place and met with 3 other people to get our characters established for a Fantasy Age role-playing game. Kayleigh's the GM so she doesn't have a character. I'm the only human in the group.

I also ate way too much pizza.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9693 on: April 14, 2019, 08:25:04 AM »
^Your backyard sounds like it's big. Ours is tiny and I still moaned about having to weed it.

Today Kayleigh and I went to a friend's place and met with 3 other people to get our characters established for a Fantasy Age role-playing game. Kayleigh's the GM so she doesn't have a character. I'm the only human in the group.

Not a big yard.  Our lot is about 70 by 72 feet.  It figures out roughly to .11 acres.  The yard went to hell after PA died. Then when I'd decided I could take care of the lawn (last summer) I lent the lawnmower to someone and haven't gotten it back yet.  The Quality of Life folks showed up last week and I've got to get the growth to under 8 inches or face monumental fines.  Our across the street neighbor weed wacked the front yard after I pulled 11 trash bags of weeds that could get tangled in his weed wacker.  (Hey, get your mind out the gutter.)  Anyway, the back yard is worse.  Friday and Saturday I filled 14 bags of creeping weeds.  More to leave today and tomorrow. 

YES, I AM A SLOB.  BUT BETWEEN DEPRESSION, FEAR/INSECURITY, AN OBSESSION TO READ, MANAGING OUR LIVES AND YES, LAZINESS THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9694 on: April 14, 2019, 11:14:10 AM »

Not a big yard.  Our lot is about 70 by 72 feet.  It figures out roughly to .11 acres.  The yard went to hell after PA died. Then when I'd decided I could take care of the lawn (last summer) I lent the lawnmower to someone and haven't gotten it back yet.  The Quality of Life folks showed up last week and I've got to get the growth to under 8 inches or face monumental fines.  Our across the street neighbor weed wacked the front yard after I pulled 11 trash bags of weeds that could get tangled in his weed wacker.  (Hey, get your mind out the gutter.)  Anyway, the back yard is worse.  Friday and Saturday I filled 14 bags of creeping weeds.  More to leave today and tomorrow. 

YES, I AM A SLOB.  BUT BETWEEN DEPRESSION, FEAR/INSECURITY, AN OBSESSION TO READ, MANAGING OUR LIVES AND YES, LAZINESS THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

:hug: Any parts that you can just cover and mulch so that there's less to deal with? 

...and yes, I totally get this, absolutely no judgement...just wish I could help.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9695 on: April 14, 2019, 03:40:24 PM »

:hug: Any parts that you can just cover and mulch so that there's less to deal with? 

...and yes, I totally get this, absolutely no judgement...just wish I could help.

Money is pretty tight for the foreseeable future.  Sweat equity will have to be my bank account for a while longer.  I'm planning on putting in a small garden next summer, so that will take up some of the space.  The back yard hasn't been tended to since PA died, so it is a literal jungle.  But my right hand glove, my hedge shears and some trash bags are going to be very well acquainted.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9696 on: April 14, 2019, 08:15:17 PM »
Do you have anything to sit on while you weed? I can't crouch down for very long because my ankles complain so I got an old drinks crate and put a dining chair cushion on top. So I sat to weed. The front yard was especially bad and took me ages.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9697 on: April 15, 2019, 04:25:42 AM »
My garden is easy to take care of; it's dead :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9698 on: April 15, 2019, 09:07:48 AM »
Do you have anything to sit on while you weed? I can't crouch down for very long because my ankles complain so I got an old drinks crate and put a dining chair cushion on top. So I sat to weed. The front yard was especially bad and took me ages.

I have an old pair of denim pants that I wear.  I just use an old bath towel that I scoot along on.  I'd not thought of sitting on something, but I wonder if it would make my back hurt.  Have an appointment this afternoon, so I won't start again until Tuesday.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9699 on: April 15, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
Worked. :hamsterwheel:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9700 on: April 15, 2019, 11:34:36 AM »
Ordered a couple of bumper stickers for my car.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9701 on: April 15, 2019, 10:21:29 PM »
Decided to paint the old cedar chest I was going to drag to the curb.

I have stepped out of my 10+ year comfort zone and chose an actual color other than brown, ecru, white, or black...and painted it blue.

I'm not feeling it yet. I may never "feel" it. This may turn out bad...very bad.

Two coats of blue chalk paint and it's sitting downstairs...a...big...blue...box...while I contemplate my next step.

Turn it on its side and paint it into a phone booth.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9702 on: April 15, 2019, 10:27:04 PM »
Stayed home to supervise the contractors who are putting a dishwasher in my kitchen. It's an old kitchen and there's only one possible place to put it, due to the pipes and heating duct layout, and it was uncertain whether it would fit. It's in a corner space and there was a risk it would make it so the cupboards on the other face of the corner couldn't open all the way, or would have to get their handles removed so that the dishwasher door could open. But it all fits, barely! I am happy.

I will be happier when I don't have to do dishes anymore.  :green:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9703 on: April 15, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »

What did you use for the surface?

I have an antique wood toybox chest that I'm trying to restore... it's from WolFish and he wanted it to go to the cub... I've got it a little more than half sanded and I need to figure out what would be the best kind of varnish.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9704 on: April 16, 2019, 12:30:23 AM »
Wow, Pyraxis. Nearly 15,000 posts!
Tek'ma'tae