Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157524 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9660 on: March 15, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »
Worked in the office again. It's nice to do it every now and then. Talked office politics with my boss's boss.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9661 on: March 15, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »

Hey! do you plant produce?
I have a little garden patch and I am hoping to put in some collard greens, green beans, and tomatoes. It'll be my first time doing something like this on my own.

I do, but not much. I have a lot of perennial flowers and shrubs...and I'm always starting more or dragging some new and interesting addition home. :autism:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9662 on: March 15, 2019, 05:27:54 PM »
Finished the table.

Before...(someone did a quick job at "antiquing" it before I drug it home)

After....

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9663 on: March 15, 2019, 09:39:07 PM »
That's awesome. I'd like it for myself.
 :plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9664 on: March 16, 2019, 03:44:00 AM »
Well done, IQ. Great job!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9665 on: March 16, 2019, 07:28:00 AM »
Agreed!
Very nice restore.

My mom and I used to do that kind of stuff together. I miss it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9666 on: March 16, 2019, 07:33:59 AM »

This morning, I started two flats of seeds for this seasons early bedding. I only have a small space indoors available for this, so I can not do much more.

I toiled for weeks over just which seeds to start first.
No longer trusting that damn groundhog. We have had below average temperatures most of the winter. Will get a bit of snow tomorrow and again on the first day of spring. Not unheard of, but not the way to fix my SADS or cabin fever or whatever this anxiety is.

Planting helped!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9667 on: March 16, 2019, 05:21:00 PM »
Decided to paint the old cedar chest I was going to drag to the curb.

I have stepped out of my 10+ year comfort zone and chose an actual color other than brown, ecru, white, or black...and painted it blue.

I'm not feeling it yet. I may never "feel" it. This may turn out bad...very bad.

Two coats of blue chalk paint and it's sitting downstairs...a...big...blue...box...while I contemplate my next step.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9668 on: March 17, 2019, 04:15:46 AM »
Had some coffee, browsed the news and chuckled at Al and Scrap's ineptness here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9669 on: March 17, 2019, 04:35:34 AM »

This morning, I started two flats of seeds for this seasons early bedding. I only have a small space indoors available for this, so I can not do much more.

No longer trusting that damn groundhog. We have had below average temperatures most of the winter. Will get a bit of snow tomorrow and again on the first day of spring. Not unheard of, but not the way to fix my SADS or cabin fever or whatever this anxiety is.

Planting helped!!
What did you sow?

There are cherry-tomatoes and chilipepers emerging in my windowsill.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9670 on: March 17, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »

Planting helped!!

What did you sow?

There are cherry-tomatoes and chilipepers emerging in my windowsill.
Alliums, brassicas and a few hardy flowers, like marigolds (which deter rabbits), nicotiana (which smell heavenly) and petunias (which take long to mature).

We are still two months from being hard freeze free here. Still a bit early to start peppers and tomatoes. Greenhousing would be different.

I plant the onions, chives and garlic all around the property. The marigolds will go near my broccoli, brussel sprouts and greens. The nicotiana will go around the perimeter. Those also deter deer and attract aphids away from your main planting beds.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9671 on: March 17, 2019, 10:04:15 PM »
Survived another night of work at walmart!   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9672 on: March 18, 2019, 05:52:00 AM »
Went to the doctor and found that he was not too happy with my psychiatrist who has been neglecting to get me to have blood tests for lithium level and other things linked to it. So I have to get that done soon.

Another thing he told me was that he got for his son, who has an upcoming birthday, tickets to the Metallica concert. I asked how much a ticket was and he told me $268! I'm not going now, that's way too expensive for me. The thing that really sealed me not going though, is that Slipknot are the supporting act. I really don't like them, can't understand their lyrics.

I used to have a Metallica shirt, don't know what's happened to it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9673 on: April 05, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »
Wrestled with the virgin Mary.

My mom had a cement statue on the hillside and the deer keep tipping her over every month or so...got tired of putting her back in place and carried her out to the curb yesterday evening and hung a FREE sign on her. Time for her to move on.

Big old thing, solid cement and probably close to 100 lbs. I am feeling it today, but thankfully someone picked her up this afternoon.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9674 on: April 06, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »
You should have left it at the first line. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein