Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157588 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9555 on: January 27, 2019, 07:19:42 PM »

Other than shoveling a tiny bit of snow (maybe two inches, but I like my shoes, so I do not want to walk through snow to get to my car) I have been a type of couch ornament. I watched a bit of Chicago Med all day.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9556 on: January 27, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
Shuffled snow. Walked the dog. Finished a whitepaper. Fed the family.
Do you mean shoveled snow?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9557 on: January 27, 2019, 08:55:34 PM »

Shuffling is usually a thing that feet do.

It could be that he is avoiding shoveling snow.
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9558 on: January 28, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »
I had a call from my eldest a few hours ago, who now has a third child. Just this week.

I am beside myself as to what this means. Obviously, since he has kept me up to date until about a month ago when the baby came prematurely, I was considered a part of this baby's life.

He wants to name her   "Beverly"   and he wants me to attend the ceremony. He is Christian and these things are important to him.

We only found out that we were so related about eight years ago.

I am not sure what to feel or do.

Being practical, it will cost me about two thousand dollars to attend, not including car rentals.  BUT!!!But, this is my grand daughter and he wants to include me as a part of his family. This whole damn THING  this is larger than I am. It is a part of my past and now my future.
I am scared, upon may levels.
I knew that once we had begun any kind of relationship, even though mostly online, some day this might happen.

I can not think of any reason for not to go dwon south and attending my grand daughter's Christening.

It seems that as soon as you begin to think that everything is settled, it is not.

Understand that I only found out about this young offspring, now over forty, about eight (I had to edit - not sure if I posted about this six or eight years ago, but it has been eight years since we began contact for reasons to many to expound upon here. Read back about eight years and you will find a lot about this new found relationship) years ago and his family and I have only met four times in the past.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:25:54 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9559 on: January 28, 2019, 12:22:44 AM »

He wants to include me.

Maybe just a courtesy, but from the phone call. I do not know.
I am beside myself.

My wife is all for this. Damn, go find more of your kin. It seems like that is all you care about these days.
(Kind of harsh, but she loves me)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9560 on: January 28, 2019, 12:48:36 AM »
Shuffled snow. Walked the dog. Finished a whitepaper. Fed the family.
Do you mean shoveled snow?

That's what I meant to say. :laugh:

Although now that I think about it, it certainly feels more like I shuffled snow. It made no difference whatsoever.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9561 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:29 AM »
I am mortified at the possibilities.

I am trying to decide if I need to go or not,

Shit! getting out of frozen Indiana and going to Texas sounds fine. Just not sure if I am ready for all of this.
You know I am going, but I need to take extra blood pressure medication for the trip
 :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9562 on: January 28, 2019, 01:29:57 AM »

Nothing inside me says, "QUIT!!!"   here.
I am just scared and feeling something, many things strange things

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9563 on: January 28, 2019, 05:27:12 AM »

Looks like I am to leave about eleven AM.

I am listening to Black Sabbath.
Cat and I always listened to Black Sabbath, back in those days when Eric was conceived.

Cat is long dead and Eric is my son.
Going to be an emotional week.
 :headhurts:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9564 on: January 28, 2019, 06:46:13 AM »
I'm glad you decided to go. Sometimes you have to ask yourself at a time like this: which decision am I least likely to regret in 10 years?

I've made a few big decisions using that rule. It's not infallible. But it's the best one I got for life's big choices.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9565 on: January 28, 2019, 10:51:12 AM »
So many possibilities for you Dirtdawg.  Welcome to the new family member.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9566 on: January 29, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »
I'm glad you're going, DirtDawg. :)

Today I went for an hour's walk. Absolutely have to wear a hat and put sunscreen on.

Soon I have to take Kayleigh to physiotherapy. Good thing I have something to read as her appointments are long.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9567 on: January 29, 2019, 10:15:19 PM »
I'm glad you're going too. A grandchild is a huge deal.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9568 on: January 30, 2019, 11:13:21 AM »

Shit! getting out of frozen Indiana and going to Texas sounds fine. Just not sure if I am ready for all of this.
You know I am going, but I need to take extra blood pressure medication for the trip

You'll never be ready...pack your meds, take extra clothes, and have your wife write your name and address on your ass in permanent marker in case you get lost.

Get that camera fired up and...GO....make some memories, good, bad, or crazy...because in the end that's the stuff that matters.

It's going to be great.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9569 on: January 30, 2019, 12:29:28 PM »

You'll never be ready...pack your meds, take extra clothes, and have your wife write your name and address on your ass in permanent marker in case you get lost.

Get that camera fired up and...GO....make some memories, good, bad, or crazy...because in the end that's the stuff that matters.

It's going to be great.

Amen.

Go for it, DD.

In all hectic awaiting you, you will be the one saying "life is good!".
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!