Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 156994 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9480 on: December 26, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »
Hernia repair surgery with mesh. At home now with frozen veggies on my balls, urgh

I had a Left side hernia repair surgery with a mesh a couple of years ago.  I feel your pain.
Thanks bro. It is painful, This is my second surgery for this, but the first time with 3D printed mesh. Hopefully it holds up, I'm sick of having this surgery

The mesh worked well for me.  I just kept going to yoga after being medically cleared to stretch the mesh.  Now I'm taking Tai Chi and Kung Fu classes.
hell to the fuckkn yeah. Eastern medicine is what is up, I've been meaning to look into it. Thanks for the reminder
:skywarp:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9481 on: December 26, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »
Hernia repair surgery with mesh. At home now with frozen veggies on my balls, urgh

I had a Left side hernia repair surgery with a mesh a couple of years ago.  I feel your pain.
Thanks bro. It is painful, This is my second surgery for this, but the first time with 3D printed mesh. Hopefully it holds up, I'm sick of having this surgery

The mesh worked well for me.  I just kept going to yoga after being medically cleared to stretch the mesh.  Now I'm taking Tai Chi and Kung Fu classes.
hell to the fuckkn yeah. Eastern medicine is what is up, I've been meaning to look into it. Thanks for the reminder

Yoga works well for me and Tai Chi with it's slow martial arts style moves also works well.  Kung Fu is a workout, but, also reinforces the need to breathe and keep a clear mind! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9482 on: January 02, 2019, 12:07:24 PM »
Began the deconstruction of the xmas decorations.  Only leaving one set of lights up near the entrance to the front door (Carla's request....as the lights make it less gloomy during these dark winter days), they'll be up until the equinox (Happy wife, happy life  8).)   And I'll keep the little tree up for a bit longer. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9483 on: January 03, 2019, 02:45:29 AM »
Cleaned up 4 small piles of cat sick (different places, same cat).
Changed my bed linen, now I have a space theme on a bright blue sheet.
Moved some stuff out of my bedroom into the storeroom.
Did a bit of gardening - swept up leaves which is a never-ending chore and pulled weeds that had been left for so long that they were dead and thus, easy to remove.
We have an inspection on the 15th.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9484 on: January 03, 2019, 03:12:22 AM »
If invited round to dinner at yours, I'm going to be avoiding anything that looks like it could have been made with frozen vegetables.....I know where they've been and I wish I didn't :P

(although I avoid anything vegetable-ish anyway, can't stand the horrid little fuckers, always have been that way. Fruit, yes, love it (most, anyway, although I can't abide pitahaya, horned melons [horned melon tastes and smells EXACTLY like tomato, they look nice, but taste and smell disgusting] or dragon-fruit. And whilst I used to love them, and still would if I ate them anymore, I now won't eat star-fruit/carambola, after finding out there is a rather nasty neurotoxin in them, a phenylalanine derivative named caramboxin, primarily, it is dangerous for those with impaired kidney function, for whom as little as a single slice could potentially prove deadly, but they are full of oxalic acid and oxalates, which aren't good for the kidneys to begin with, so it isn't impossible that they could inflict kidney damage themselves and thus allow the caramboxin content to poison the consumer. Symptoms of mild poisoning are intractable hiccups lasting several hours, but if worse, it ends up as seizures that are very, very difficult to control, and those who do have a seizure are likely to die. And to make matters worse, caramboxin is a glutamatergic excitotoxin, which if it doesn't kill a victim, can leave them a permanently brain-damaged train wreck. Used to like them, but haven't eaten one since, don't plan to either)

But other fruit, there are one or two that I'm not wild for, but will eat, and the rest I love. Vegetables on the other hand, no chance. Can't stand any of the damn things. But I imagine I'd like them even less after they've been used to cool down somebody's bollocks.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9485 on: January 03, 2019, 03:21:55 PM »
  Moped around for too many hours, then got a grip, made a couple of phone calls I'd been avoiding,
  then started painting my next little masterpiece.  Painting is good for the stuff that ails me.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9486 on: January 03, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
^That's what diamond painting did for me today too.

Got all of todays errands done with the oldest. I like spending time with him.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9487 on: January 03, 2019, 03:25:44 PM »
If invited round to dinner at yours, I'm going to be avoiding anything that looks like it could have been made with frozen vegetables.....I know where they've been and I wish I didn't :P

I might wish i hadn't asked but...explain?  :viking:

oh! and thanks for the warning re. starfruit.  Never had 'em, never want 'em, now i've heard all that.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9488 on: January 03, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
Measured an addition
Took the dog for a walk at the beach
Cleaned out and  rearranged the van again(having a hard time getting it right)
Cleaned up around the house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9489 on: January 04, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »
Went to a funeral.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9490 on: January 04, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Took The PR bowling (9 a.m.), computtered.

Next up is laundry, planning on dinner, clearing house.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9491 on: January 04, 2019, 02:14:12 PM »
Little.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9492 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
He was talking about using frozen vegetables to cool his balls post-surgery. Not the most appetizing thought.

And you've kidney issues walkie? definitely avoid them then, it isn't all that widely known, but star fruit can quite easily be lethal in people with kidney issues, the active compound, caramboxin is a glutamatergic neurotoxin acting as an orthosteric agonist at AMPA and NMDA type ionotropic glutamatergic receptors, both are excitatory when activated, and normally, play a critical role in learning and memory, but when overstimulated, the three types of ionotropic glutamate receptor can also cause a process known as excitotoxicity, which, simply put, overstimulates the neurons involved to death.

Exact effects depend on which of the three ionotropic glutamate receptor types are involved in excitotoxicity, although seizure is common to all three, in the case of AMPA receptor direct agonists, its particularly nasty, a good example would be domoic acid, produced by certain marine planktonic organisms, and ends up in filter-feeding molluscs, being concentrated up the food chain, shellfish people eat, and it causes what is known as amnesic shellfish poisoning, and those it doesn't kill, are often left permanently screwed, permanent short-term amnesia among other, even less pretty sequelae.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesic_shellfish_poisoning

In cases of star fruit toxicity, patients who exhibit seizure usually do not survive, as it progresses to a fulminant encephalopathy.

Primarily affects those with bad kidney function, as mentioned, but it can also poison healthy folk at times, and being packed with oxalates and oxalic acid, which themselves, damage kidneys in excess, smaller amounts of oxalate/oxalic acid can be tolerated by most, it's quite widely present in many plants, but too much is toxic to the kidneys, and in higher quantities, can also be cardiotoxic IIRC. There's a fair bit in rhubarb for example, less in the stalks, but the leaves can be fatal if eaten.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9493 on: January 05, 2019, 11:20:36 AM »
Diamond painting, took down the Christmas decorations that were inside and packed them away, gave the pup her meds, did a 20 min clean in a corner that was bugging me, read more of my book, wrote in my journal. Next up is making lunch.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9494 on: January 05, 2019, 12:29:37 PM »
Now taking a break from taking down Christmas decorations with kid. Lorre decided to sit between us in one of the cardbox boxes. Scrutinising our actions in the most adorable way. Getting nosed by us now and then. He ended up somewhat sparkly.  :santa:

It was tiresome, apparently. He just crashed down on my lap.

I also did other stuff, like getting groceries and being a mum.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!